Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Explain Your Username

Go down 
+17
Axis1500
Treesmurf
Jimbob
beemoh
Vidofnir
Luigi442wii
shanks
masofdas
Balladeer
Slazo
ZeroJones
Rum
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Cube
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

Explain Your Username - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 0:38

Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

Started on a forum as Pokemon Master, got banned and re-registered as Dead Pokemon Master. Left then returned as Deadly Pokemon Master. Name was too long so changed to Deadly Pokemon. Then to Deadly 'Mon. Which sounded like Dead Le Mon. Reconstructed to make Dead Lemon.

That's the retconned story at least.

The truth is i don't know why I decided on going for this username when I originally signed up to the old NGamer forum. I've never really used the same username on any two forums always opting to come up with new ones when registering somewhere new.

The name Dead Lemon was actually from GTA San Andreas. It's the name of one of the horses you can bet on (most of which are rather crude names). I'm not sure why I decided on using an obscure GTA reference when joining a Nintendo focused forum. Always liked the name I guess and the imagery of it.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 3:11

Mine is due to a Retsutalk podcast I was listening to a while ago, where Ben Croshaw was saying that both YouTube celebrity Totalbiscuit and Slowbeef (one of the hosts of Retsutalk) had names that derived from adjectives and foodstuffs. The name Fastpie popped into my head and thus a username was born.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 7:26

Dead Lemon wrote:
Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

Started on a forum as  Pokemon Master, got banned and re-registered as Dead Pokemon Master. Left then returned as Deadly Pokemon Master. Name was too long so changed to Deadly Pokemon. Then to Deadly 'Mon. Which sounded like Dead Le Mon. Reconstructed to make Dead Lemon.

That's the DL we know and love. Laughing I still have vague memories of one post of yours that scooped an NGamer award...

...found it!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 13:27

Ah, I remember that! Very funny post. On reflection, our avatar-deprived friend's post of simply "avartar" is really funny too, for some reason. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 13:47

Balladeer wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

Started on a forum as  Pokemon Master, got banned and re-registered as Dead Pokemon Master. Left then returned as Deadly Pokemon Master. Name was too long so changed to Deadly Pokemon. Then to Deadly 'Mon. Which sounded like Dead Le Mon. Reconstructed to make Dead Lemon.

That's the DL we know and love. Laughing I still have vague memories of one post of yours that scooped an NGamer award...

...found it!

Oh man, I'd completely forgotten that. Absolute class. Laughing

My username, as I've boringly described elsewhere before, is basically a mashup of my first name and Gonzo the Great from the Muppets. I was a big Muppets fan as a kid, and Gonzo was my favourite character. When asked to create a username, I panicked and that was the best I could come up with. Embarrassed

I've been so, so tempted to change my username to the much more relevant and less-pompous Stu_Dee_Jay, which generally gets used everywhere else, but have so far resisted in NGamer homage. Stu_Dee_Jay is merely my initials in phonetics. I like this one because it's in tidy groups of three.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 14:25

Absolutely not, Stu! As the forum god, you should only be able to change your username to something like "Stu_of_Olympos", or "Stu_Son_of_Ra".
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 14:48

spoilered so not to break formatting:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 17:50

JayMoyles wrote:

Laughing Excellent Game of Thrones style name there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 18:00

JayMoyles wrote:

Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 22:32

Balladeer wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

...found it!

I forgot all about that post, what search terms did you have to use to fins that?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 22:38

JayMoyles wrote:

"The username you have entered is too long"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 10:08

Dead Lemon wrote:
I forgot all about that post, what search terms did you have to use to fins that?

"NGamer forum awards site:computerandvideogames.com".  Reminded of it by this thread, which, incidentally, contains the following post:

Solve My Maze wrote:
Speaking of lost forumites, does anyone know what happened to Dead Lemon? I'm sure he went to GCU around the same time that Phillips and I went. Unless I'm totally wrong on the Uni part but he definitely lived in the west of Scotland area.
Hmm, that doesn't sound stalkerish at all.

That cased has been closed, at least!
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 16:43

Balladeer wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

"NGamer forum awards site:computerandvideogames.com".  Reminded of it by this thread, which, incidentally, contains the following post:

Solve My Maze wrote:
Speaking of lost forumites, does anyone know what happened to Dead Lemon? I'm sure he went to GCU around the same time that Phillips and I went. Unless I'm totally wrong on the Uni part but he definitely lived in the west of Scotland area.
Hmm, that doesn't sound stalkerish at all.

That cased has been closed, at least!

Does Mazey still post? Not seen him since I appeared. Maybe we're the same person Shocked

Great to see the NGamer Smash Bros picture I made in that thread. Feared that was lost forever on my old Laptop. Think that was made way back on the NGamer forum before that merged with the rest of the CVG boards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   Explain Your Username - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Explain Your Username
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: