We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call

Go down 
+5
Treesmurf
masofdas
ZeroJones
Slazo
Axis1500
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty22/04/14, 05:12 pm

This has just been confirmed for an EU release. Apparently contains a lot more songs than the original game, which I loved despite its flaws. The Theatrhythm stylus that came with it is still my stylus of choice.

UK Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1NHrAv0LFM&feature=youtu.be

Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Bl1CNiPIcAAewIp
Back to top Go down
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty22/04/14, 06:11 pm

Awesome news, the originals still my favourite game on the 3DS.

Plus I can finally play as my beloved Hope, which is clearly way more important than all the new songs. >_>
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty23/04/14, 11:25 am

Looking forward to this! I've sunk many hours into Theatrhythm in my time and will surely do the same with Curtain Call. Dance
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty23/04/14, 11:38 am

I'm excited for this as well.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty23/04/14, 11:43 pm

Is this new or an expansion? Sounds good either way, really enjoy Theatrhythm even though I've still got plenty to see. Also how brilliant is that box art?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty03/06/14, 04:12 pm

This has a date and some info from CVG

The sequel to the 3DS rhythm action game Theatrhythm Final Fantasy will be released in North America on September 16 and in Europe on September 19.

The game will also be available in special limited and collector's editions. The limited edition is available to those who pre-order the game and provides, for no extra cost, a five-track music CD and a special stylus along with a sticker sheet that can be used to decorate it.

Meanwhile, the more expensive collector's edition (£44.99 / $69.99) will come with the five-track CD, a second 20-track CD, five premium CollectaCards with codes that unlock their in-game equivalents and a Theatrhtyhm collector's pouch for the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty04/06/14, 03:06 am

I was never able to find the first one so I want this one rather badly special edition or not
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty05/06/14, 01:31 am

I really really really want that collector's edition, that's quite an offer for just £15 over the rrp.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty17/09/14, 07:02 am

So I got the demo of this (other demoes are available) and had a quick bash, slash and hold a couple of nights ago. Aesthetically, it's an improvement over its predecessor but/and the gameplay is much the same. However, that's exactly what the doctor ordered! Or, rather, pre-ordered. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty17/09/14, 08:59 am

Really fancy picking this up but by the time I have money Fantasy Life will be out and Smash will be mere days away so it's looking unlikely. Wish I had stuff to trade for it .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty17/09/14, 09:09 am

In a statement that may upset ZeroJones, to whom I am still very grateful for providing me with the first game, I think I'll pass on this. If I'd played the games, it might be different: as it is, I didn't get a lot out of the first game. Sorry ZJ. Sad (I am still very grateful to you for finding it for me, though, and enjoyed the multiplayer!)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty17/09/14, 10:39 am

Same boat as Andy, I've just put it on the Christmas List. Unfortunately this happens this time of year to many games not enough time or money.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty17/09/14, 09:10 pm

Balladeer wrote:
In a statement that may upset ZeroJones, to whom I am still very grateful for providing me with the first game, I think I'll pass on this.  If I'd played the games, it might be different: as it is, I didn't get a lot out of the first game.  Sorry ZJ. Sad (I am still very grateful to you for finding it for me, though, and enjoyed the multiplayer!)

You... you bastard. Sad You've made an enemy today, Balla dear.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty17/09/14, 09:17 pm

(cowers tearfully)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty17/09/14, 11:39 pm

Does it really matter if you've played FFXIII for instance as long as the music is good and you like the gameplay of Thearhythm. I don;t really the problem, this is coming from someone who's played Thearhythm and enjoyed it & hasn't played hardly any FF games that aren't on a PS1 or 3.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty18/09/14, 05:25 am

It's a total fan service type of game where if you're a fan of the main series you will enjoy it a lot more than normal, like balla I gave the first a go but felt I couldn't enjoy it purely for the rhythm side of things.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty18/09/14, 06:42 am

I agree with Jas - it is completely a fan service thing. I've played FF1, 2, 3, 4 and 6, and have read enough about the series to recognise most of the other characters' names, but that's it. From my perspective, the hooks were the gameplay (as the first rhythm game to really grab me) and the Chaos Shrine. Far too much time went into that!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty18/09/14, 07:15 am

I personally enjoyed it without any care for videogame music whatsoever, plus I'm not big on FF games (I've tried quite a few but only finished 13 and got near the end of 1,4 and 13-2) because I found the core gameplay fun.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty18/09/14, 08:02 am

I'm more or less in the same boat as ZJ, but playing through the one-player mode at least pretty much requires you to be a fan of most of the games. The reason: the cut-scene parts. They're dull otherwise. While Field and Battle were fun enough without, they didn't do quite enough to grab me without the background investment in their contents.

I can see why the Chaos Shrine might encourage the not-so-much-fans, though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty20/09/14, 10:35 pm

I really want this but mainly for the idea of it, love the look of all these limited editions and bonus CDs that come with it but in truth I really didn't play the first one enough and this would likely be the same. It's fun and all it's just not something I look for on my 3DS I think.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty20/09/14, 11:12 pm

I caved and it's predictably great!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty21/09/14, 08:57 am

My initial thoughts are that it's too bloated now. The original game had a comparatively small selection of songs, which meant only the strongest songs survived the cut. Now each game - and quite a few things that have Final Fantasy in the title, like the film, and a few things I've never heard of before, like Final Fantasy Spelling Mistake (#FinalBantasy) - has a large selection of songs, some of which are rubbish. Of course, these will more likely appeal to long-term fans of the series. And that makes me sad.

tl;dr: unlike the original, whose songs stood in their own right, Curtain Call is truly for FF fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call   Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy - Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
Page 1 of 1