We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters

Go down 
+5
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
fronkhead
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters Empty
PostSubject: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 12:29

Thought this a good watch from older NGamer forumite PhoenixAsh, especially since I'm not particularly interested in the sport (don't mind watching a game, though, but I don't follow it closely). Since there hasn't been much activity in the retro section lately I thought this would make a good topic.

Still can't believe I had forgotten about the number 1 entry, myself, wouldn't mind seeing it reappear on Wii U Virtual Console one day but I guess there's the issue of rights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUqlvWXogE
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 17:25

I really would like another Mario football game for wii U, also me and my brothers used to play Nintendo world cup all the time with the top tactic being see how many players we could injure & then we'd laugh so much as they wouldn't get back up off the ground for the rest of the match.

Laughing 

Here's all the super shots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDWI5FOneLs  (particularly like the one at 1:10.)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 20:48

fronkhead wrote:
Thought this a good watch from older NGamer forumite PhoenixAsh, especially since I'm not particularly interested in the sport (don't mind watching a game, though, but I don't follow it closely). Since there hasn't been much activity in the retro section lately I thought this would make a good topic.

Still can't believe I had forgotten about the number 1 entry, myself, wouldn't mind seeing it reappear on Wii U Virtual Console one day but I guess there's the issue of rights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUqlvWXogE

Neat. One question: that Beckham game - is it him in all regions? I only ask as, looking at the sprite, it may as well be Russell Howard.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 23:15

As sound as I think PhoenixAsh is and as objective as this statement is, I think that's a minging list. Nintendo Pocket Football Club would be as far away a game I'd recommend to a non-football fan (or even football fan, truth be told) as I can think of. I don't think Nintendo World Cup is up to much altogether, and I'd say isn't worth spending time or money hunting for. As much as I like Go! Go! Beckham, it's inclusion in a football game list is awfully generous.

I'd agree with the mobile phone and Mario Strikers games, but the genre has so much more to offer on Nintendo consoles alone, such as ISS 64, Red Card Soccer 20-02, SEGA Soccer Slam, FIFA Street 2, and especially the FIFA games on Wii (2010 onwards).
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 8:57

Jimbob wrote:
Neat. One question: that Beckham game - is it him in all regions? I only ask as, looking at the sprite, it may as well be Russell Howard.

Russell Howard being a much bigger draw than Beckham in many of those lucrative foreign markets.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 10:04

Easy Mario Strikers Cube or Wii, SEGA Soccer Slam, FIFA Streets, Virtua Striker after you've unlocked Team Sonic, Mickey Mouse football pretty much any with out real teams such proper FIFA or PES.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 13:21

Interesting, I'd forgotten how many games in the genre there were. I'm looking to play games in genres I don't play so often -- the last game I properly played was PES 2008 on Wii -- so I'll be looking into some of these. Mario Strikers Charged got a Nintendo Selects rerelease didn't it? Is it much cop now the online's dead?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 7:52

My most infuriating Wii game is either Sin & Punishment 2 or Mario Strikers Charged. The single player campaign ramps up the difficulty so much by the final tournament that it's a struggle to hang on, let alone score.

~~~

I would have liked Inazuma Eleven to be on the list - particularly if non-sport genre games are allowed - as it's a lovely bit of RPG fun.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 8:40

The similar topics option actually came up Milhouse and gave me this when I was looking at the football thread. Anyway nice to see we're finally getting a new Mario Strikers since then and also there's actually a few new games that would make the list Rocket League obviously, probably Nintendo Switch Sports and something else which I forget.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 14:14

As a football hater I can confirm that Rocket League definitely makes that list.

Did anybody who doesn't like football play Behold The Kickmen? I recall Cappa hating it, but he hardly fits the demographic.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 21:12

I've had it on the list for a while and been tempted many times by its low price but yet to try it, I'm open to it though, I love football but I can definitely recognise there's a lot of flaws to the sport/culture.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 22:44

I never played Behold The Kickmen, but every impression I read was that it was made by a guy who wanted to get across how much he doesn’t like football, rather than it being a game made for the enjoyment of other people who don’t like football. It sounds like self-indulgent stuck-up bollocks, basically.

The 2010 World Cup game on the Wii would be my first shout for a great football game for football haters. The phrase "actually lads this is secretly amazing" was used in another thread a couple of days ago, and 2010 World Cup on the Wii is exactly that.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 10:29

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I never played Behold The Kickmen, but every impression I read was that it was made by a guy who wanted to get across how much he doesn’t like football, rather than it being a game made for the enjoyment of other people who don’t like football. It sounds like self-indulgent stuck-up bollocks, basically.
I think I'd agree with that - which is a shame, because, apart from that, Dan Ward pretty much has a 100% success rate in games that are actually funny and competent.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters   The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters Empty

Back to top Go down

The Five Best Football Games For Football Haters
Page 1 of 1