We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 22:18

What, six minutes? Winky Face

No, seriously, hoping for long periods of health for all.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 19:53

Yeah, sorry, I feel I've piggybacked on that; after arriving at the doctor's in a mega-panic because I'd convinced myself I had something terminal, I just needed to do a big ol' poo apparently. Embarrassed
(Well that's a simplified version of things, but you don't want to know any more).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 21:27

My New TV, having to do a update, having to connect to the Wifi, not being able to use HDR on my PS4 Pro even though it has both versions and why I bought the TV.

You have turn HDR on in a menu which is buried in other settings then picture etc urggh
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 22:07

I'm thinking of you in this trying time, Masofdas.

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 Latest?cb=20111122235603
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 8:16

It was certainly a first world problem
Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 12702-first-world-problems-template
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySat 25 Mar 2017 - 17:47

Been seeing a few people on my facebook feed sharing videos lamenting what the (American?/British?) education system didn't teach them. E.G., 'I was taught about Pythagoras but not how to do my taxes ', along with various other, I got taught X but not Y, statements. As if, you know, those reading, writing, and arithmetic skills you're exposed to in highschools doesn't directly translate into the ability to fill out a tax return Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 15:56

If people want teachers to go over how to fill out life's forms, we wouldn't do anything else. Students need to be exposed to all that education has to offer to see what they get a taste for.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 16:31

Pythagoras is one thing I learned in school that was really valuable to me! Laughing

Whining again - I'm ill - AGAIN - it's even difficult to play Zelda. However, I should be alright as long as I can make regular trips to the toilet (not with the Switch, I mean in between). And... the bathroom's water supply is broken.

(Slightly false representation as I'm writing about this as if it's happening right now - actually it's been resolved; when they installed the new water meter, they got a stone in the pipework #DUH. Sorted now.)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 20:20

Just wrote a huge piece in super non-stop debate on why the Switch is a handheld (could of linked to a Chris Scullion article) and then I pressed a button and lost it all urghh
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 21:38

It's so bad when that happens. Evil or Very Mad I like to imagine there's a kind of Reverse Internet - Tenretni, if you will - where all those posts go, and the people of the Reverse Internet love them. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 22:02

AAARGH LADS!

I was frying up some dinner. I had my quorn sausages, perfectly browned. I had two eggs, fried to perfection. Perfect little circular yolks. Zeus himself could not have fried better eggs. I go to put it on my plate, I'm doing the eggs first to guarantee they land nice and flat, and of course that means the sausages are uphill. One of them goes for a nice little roll, right into my eggs and the yolk goes everywhere.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 22:14

Dangit. I feel that, sir - if I were a contestant on MasterChef, it would be my presentation letting me down at every turn. I do try to take care when putting things on plates but the extra caution just seems to cause splodges and sploshes. Duh!

~~~

In other news, I am raging. It doesn't happen often (or maybe often enough?).

Line Of Duty finale:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 15:19

"Censoring" words like so: "F*ck," "Sh!t." If you're going to filter a word, actually filter it. I know it's dumb and everyone can tell what it is contextually anyway, but people who unironically use the examples aren't even trying. Might as well just swear, or, you know, use one of the many, many words the English language has to express dissatisfaction that isn't branded offensive.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 16:03

They really are stupid p**pheads, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 16:21

That sort of vile language is a bannable offence Jas. Knock it off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 16:37

Embarrassed Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 18:33

Yeah, Jas, you © Ü I\I +
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 19:52

I've always been an early starter on the path to grumpy-old-man-dom, what with my hatred of loud noises and modern music and change and young people. Young people 'things' that bug me currently are the 'dab', things being 'on fleek' (is that still a thing?), and the 😂 emoji being the OED's 'word' of the year.

None of which compare to 'thicc', new Internet word du jour. It seems to mean, 'to be of ample figure', used exclusively about women. Especially women in videogames, which is a hard enough gig without some moron on the Internet calling you 'thicc'. Hissy fit

On a completely different topic: that you can refresh a patent after 20 years. After 20 years all patents should go into the public domain, to stop shiters sitting on top of the things for ages, doing either nothing or things that aren't aiding society (but are aiding their pockets) with their patent pile. A recent story is how the inventor of the 'fidget spinner' made no money from them, because she couldn't buy back her patent when it expired; and while it's sad when that hits the little person, for the common good I reckon it would have been better if she hadn't been able to at all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 20:54

At first I tend to find internet words meaningless gibberish. Then, as you say, I remember there are people out there who use it all very seriously and I die a little inside - and I'm not even the target
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 23:25

Where did you come across this 'thicc', Balla? Have you been on The Deviant Arts again?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 12:18

I've not seen 'thicc' spelt like that before, but I've known about women being called 'thick' in the sense that they have a big derriere and "thick" thighs. The most obvious example of thick women being shown more love recently is Nia Jax in WWE. Obviously, if you called a woman "thick" in the UK, you'd get lamped in the chops, but it's one of those American-isms that is an appreciation of women with a fuller figure. I've never seen it used in videogames, but as a fan of the rappity rap music, I see/hear it all the time.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 15:19

I suppose that's better than insulting them for how they look.  Honestly though, the way I've mostly seen it used is where the appropriate comment on someone's appearance would be shutting up.  (Also I loathe adopted Americanisms, I fought the battle for 'thousand million' long after it was lost.)

ZeroJones wrote:
Where did you come across this 'thicc', Balla? Have you been on The Deviant Arts again?

On this occasion, Nintendo Life comments on ARMS.  First off, a Jim Sterling piece about a game staring a feminine robot - a feminine robot, mark you, with an entirely metal face.  (Called Haydee if you want to make today worse for yourself.)  And in between, Zelda YouTube comments.  I know what they say, but you'd think the comments underneath a piece of music would be fine.  Not so - not where Gerudo Town and the Great Fairy pieces are concerned, anyway. No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 17:22

Language is an ever changing and evolving thing; Shakespeare was the slang of his time.

"On fleek" and "thicc" are generally used as positive things. Sure, there's an argument to be made that we shouldn't judge anyone on looks, for good or ill, but we're all just bald chimpanzees at the end of the day. If someone is allowed to use "beautiful" or "gorgeous", saying they're not allowed to use "on fleek" or "thicc" is at the very best dumb and out of touch, at worst possibly quite classist and racist.
Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 C1zgm2j3gruy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 18:10

He's a gorilla, not a chimp, actually. Nah nah!

And yes, I know that. I sort of said as much in my initial post, calling attention to being a grumpy old man and disliking change. That said, most of the uses of 'thicc' that I've seen have been, as mentioned above, where a comment on appearance (especially a comment specifically about the character's backside) was honestly not appropriate. Not as appropriate as saying nothing, anyway.

I don't like judging on appearance full stop, though, for anything apart from finding a partner. We may be bald chimps, but we're bald chimps with the capacity to be better than bald chimps. And especially given how lopsided gender-wise that remains. I've never seen a male being described as 'thicc', it's always women.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 20:10

Balladeer wrote:
I don't like judging on appearance full stop, though, for anything apart from finding a partner.
And yet you won't play games with pixel art??? Fake news from crooked Balladeer once again.
Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 150916-donald-trump-face-ap-1160
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next