Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 11:49

I don't know what he did but to go from being on main event this past week to then gone.

But another one that was let go is not a wrestler but someone that's be with WWE for 29 years the time keeper Michael Yeaton I think he was called.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 22:25

Well, rumours are abound that Del Rio slapped the shit out of a social media manager after he made a racist comment about Del Rio. Considering the latest (1) tweets (2) sent out by the official WWE Twitter, that could be true.

Either that or it's a work.

EDIT: Triple H has retweeted them... really fishy. Why shaft Del Rio so hard?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 22:35

It'd be a hell of a way to push him back to the top of the card, how would they take advantage of it on TV? Make him the bully type? Slap about the backstag interviewers....I guess we will see in time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 23:20

If it's not a work, then it's a really fucking unprofessional move from WWE.

Actually, I hope it is a work, because it'll be one of those rare moments when I'm rused in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 11:35

This upped my excitement for SummerSlam by about 5,000%. The music, the graphics, 'Mean Gene's' voiceover - it's all here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLwQefFxFVY

Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 14:07

Superb! This is most likely because ye don't see him on TV often but I swear Mean Gene as aged about 10 years in the last two, he hasn't lost that great comedy timing though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014 - 17:19

I really enjoyed SummerSlam. I didn't think there was an utter stinker all PPV - Reigns/Orton was the closest to a snoozefest. A lot of good matches, a few great matches and one spectacle at the end. Speaking of which...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014 - 20:16

Aye brilliant PPV & also I'm now interested in wwe world title scene again, the most exciting thing is how it can possibly shoot off in so many directions.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 18:18

So I was at the ICW show last night and it was absolutely fucking brilliant! Highlights were the Noam Dar vs Coffey match where the ring buckle broke at one point when big Coffey decided to bounce off it to splash Noam in the other corner. Laughing

Last but not least it was the Main event with Drew Galloway, I've completely forgotten who he was fighting but it was a stonker!

I was only yards away when this happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnEoymxp_GU

Highly recommend if they are in your area that you go and see them.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 2:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Sep 2014 - 20:08

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the ICW event. Was that your first pro wrestling show? I've been to a handful (mostly WWE and TNA) and I've never had anything less than a good time. The live experience can definitely be better than that of seeing it on television.

~

With belters such as Jack Swagger Vs. Curtis Axel, Rusev Vs. Zack Ryder, Jimmy Uso vs. Goldust and Adam Rose vs. Titus O'Neil, is it unreasonable that I've looked at the most recent RAW uploads on WWE's YouTube page and thought to myself: 'nah, fuck that for a pish laugh'? That's a hoachin' match card.

~

Has anybody else downloaded the WWE Supercard game on iOS/Android? It's the most addicted I've been to a game for months.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Sep 2014 - 21:55

ICW really are on fire right now. Drew looks really impressive in there.

Yeah, RAW's been absolutely horrific since Summerslam. Depressing really, considering Summerslam was a great PPV. But then you've got twenty minutes to half an hour dedicated to the fucking Bellas of all people... it's hard not to turn off.

That Supercard game is addictive! Stupidly simple but it's easy to find yourself playing dozens of games in a row.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Sep 2014 - 2:56

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the ICW event. Was that your first pro wrestling show? I've been to a handful (mostly WWE and TNA) and I've never had anything less than a good time. The live experience can definitely be better than that of seeing it on television.

I went to a PBW event a few months back but that was more of a family thing where it was just match after match with not much of a story element to it, ICW was above and beyond that with more to get invested in & a over 18s crowd helps as well.

I definitely agree about the live experience being better as you're directly involved in that crowd participation that can drive a show towards great wrestling moments.

JayMoyles wrote:
ICW really are on fire right now. Drew looks really impressive in there.

I was always a fan of Drew and it was brilliant getting to see him wrestle in person the aftermath of the match was something else too & only made me want to go to the Barrowlands event in November even more than I already do. (still have to figure out if I can afford to or not)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 21:16

No updates in three weeks would lead me to believe that it's been a fairly uneventful time for pro wrestling as far as we're concerned. I did see the results for Night of Champions though.

Spoiler:

~

On another note, on my day spent exploring the Aberdeenshire countryside I was very surprised to find a British Red Cross charity shop with a selection of WWF, WWE and TNA DVDs that would rival that of HMV. I picked up some bargains (NTSC copies of WrestleMania X7 and WWF Action!, SummerSlam 94/95 Tagged Classics and a minty-mint WrestleMania XX boxset for £1.75 each), but wondered why someone would hand so many wrestling DVDs in to a charity shop. Then I remembered that the WWE Network is scheduled to launch here soon...next week, is that right? I know October 1st is the aim, but has there been any update on cost, availability, Wii U channel (LOL), etc?

On yet another note, one of my fondest gaming-related September weekend memories was buying WWE Day of Reckoning on the GameCube. Looking back, what a belter of a game that was.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 21:37

I did stay up and watch night of cchampions. I think it was good but we were drinking to the usual rules so I was absolutely bollocksed by the end. Woke up this morning with the sort of hangover I haven't had in years and failed to do anything productive all day.

The ppv went pretty well how you'd expect; moved all the storylines on nicely but didn't give us any conclusions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:22

I think the injury to Roman Reigns pre PPV forced them to change part of the ending but overall aye it was an average event but luckily one of the free ones, speaking of which aren't Sky sports not meant to be doing those any more?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:53

It was just an average PPV all round. Dust Bros/Usos was fine, divas match was fine, Orton/Jericho was fine, main event was fine (bar that awful ending), Rusev/Henry was fine. Sheamus/Cesaro was bloody brilliant, but it's cancelled out by that atrocity of an IC match, which was totally marred by it being a shillfest for Florida Georgia Line, whoever the fuck they are.

I'm far more interested in NXT these days - Raw's tough to get through.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 20:30

I expect Sky Sports will keep doing them until the network gets properly established over here.
Back to top Go down
Slazo
One of Sonic's Friends
Slazo

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 23:19

Seeing as we haven't heard any more about the UK version of the network and they've stopped mentioning the date, I'm guessing it's been delayed.

As for NoC, fairly standard B-tier PPV fodder. Nothing amazing, but some solid matches throughout. No idea why the IC and Divas titles are hot potatoing, surprised that Nikki can now actually wrestle decently, Orton vs Jericho was the complete waste of time and space for all involved as expected and that WWE title finish was pretty crap. Match kinda wrecked a lot of the good work in building Lesnar too. Joy. Still, least Ambrose is back and working magic as always.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:12

Agreed with all of that - Nikki is really surprising me in-ring. Her mic skills are still gash though. Also, in regards to the WWE title match finish: I've no idea who it was meant to benefit. It doesn't benefit Seth because he got all of his heat stolen back by Cena during the cash-in, it doesn't benefit Cena because Lesnar ended the PPV standing tall again, and it certainly doesn't benefit Lesnar because he was essentially beaten in that match. Not impressed.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 18:36

Just to add (as I feel it deserves a mention): the Damien Mizdow/stunt double character is class. He pulls it off brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 19:37

Aye, you can spot him selling moves and actually doing the same moves as Miz on the outside - very funny.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 22:02

As good as he is at the stunt double thing I wish they had something else for him.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 22:30

Something I forgot to mention; before the NOC PPV on sky, they were showing classic WWE. I caught an old Rock v HHH match and it was amazing to see how completely they're just reusing the same Authority plot again and again. If Bryan wasn't out with an injury, I have no doubt whatsoever than him and Ambrose would be a carbon copy of the Rock and Austin.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this; from the WWE's point of view, the target audience rolls around every 15 years and it's a good plot, but whether it's nostalgia or genuine quality, The Rock seemed a million times cooler than anyone in there today.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 22:33

I think it's a good gig, all things considered. It's fresh, distinctive, and something he can get his teeth really stuck into. He's not going to ever be a Brock Lesnar or Seth Rollins, but his current position is a cut above that of, say, Titus O'Neill or Curtis Axel, who are doing the square root of hee-haw by comparison.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 19:31

Have you guys seen the rumoured price of the Network in the UK , on the WWE app it came up that you could select the network for £39.99 for 6 month's which is £6.67 a month or $10.81 so not to much more but we are unlikely to get the same as the yanks due sky whom will continue to show RAW & SD.

So it's more for watching classic WWE, WCW, ECW and maybe things like Total Diva's & Legend House.

The cost isn't bad but not sure if I want to pay £39.99 up front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next