We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:06

Stealth highlight of the UK Tournament: Michael Cole is actually a pretty decent commentator when he's not either heavily micromanaged as he might well be on RAW, or when he's trying to be overly heel.

Good mans doing the slams. If these fellows can tell compelling stories without any real build, it makes you wonder what the hell is going on with WWE creative on their main shows at times.

Predictions for the Rumb Royalé:

Every title holder retains except for AJ and the wealthy swan. Undertaker wins the Rumbly to set up the Cena match at Wrestlymania. The internet seems to have cooled on that idea, but I still think it'd be a great set-up for a marquee Mania match, which, regardless of the outcome, would be a fitting send off for the deceased man. I know people like to say, well mate the rumbly should make a man, corpse don't need it. But the walking dead is special, there isn't much left, lets get something great out of it while we can. Also, we can have one nice little moment for the brothers of destruction.

Goldylookinberg and broccoliesnar - i don't want to see them in the final four. I'd like to see them get a few elims, but I don't want to rumbly to feature them too heavily. Hopefully they eliminate each other, or do such a number on each other that the foes of construction or some other team of mans can dispose of em.

Fe Man: Let's get Mr Zayn in this spot, maybe give him a sneaky elim on that brauny strawman.

Fun #1&2 entrants: 1. Cesaro, 2. Shemus (don't think it'll happen though)

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:10

Miz to be number 1 and come out to Daniel Bryans music.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 13:33

Really excited for the Rumble.

I'd like to see Paul Heyman align with Braun Strowman (he needs someone to talk for him).

There's clearly a Jericho vs. Owens Wrestlemania match being lined up.

As far as the Rumble itself, the fact that they have given away most of the Rumble entrants, there'll be some surprises. Seeing as it is in San Antonio, Texas (home of Stone Cold according to Raw episode 503 I watched recently), it would be cool to see Stone Cold come out and do something. Kurt Angle is a possibility perhaps setting up Angle vs. Lesnar II. The sooner they get rid of Goldberg the better.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 18:20

Anyone going to draw numbers for it or shall we pick our own?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 18:31

Normally some posts in a more general thread as I alway remember Balla getting Roman Reigns.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 22:13

I'll have 14, 20, 23 and 29, ta. I'm guessing that'll be Goldust, R-Truth, Jack Swagger and Sin Cara.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptySun 29 Jan 2017 - 23:50

I'm going for 2, 7, 25 & 27.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 21:31

As part of our drinking games, I got Elsworth. Managed to down most of a pint before he was out again.
Afterwards I got the Miz though, who did me proud.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:16

I had pretty solid picks in Jericho, Strowman & Luke Harper but Enzo not so much seeing is he had the Scotty 2 hotty spot.

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 Taker_kane_scotty_3mb
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:25

I drew kofi at number 14. Our drinking rules were, you can only drink towards winning the belt when your number is in the ring, (if you drink the most on pre rumble matches you get an extra entrant) so kofi did me a solid.

Enjoyed the ppv overall. Internet's a bit, waah, over the rumble match but I still thought it was good. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 17:49

I haven't given the Rumble my customary sobre re-watch yet, but I just finished the tag match in NXT Takeover. Now that's some wrasslin!
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 18:27

A strange question, but does anyone have the WWE Network? I was watching Bash at the Beach 2000 on it last night and I'm still astounded that Russo would cut such a scathing shoot on the mic. I can't say I was ever a fan of his (especially for making fun of JR's Bells Palsy), and it's no surprise that the court battle went of for years after he started calling Hogan a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 20:37

Solve My Maze wrote:
A strange question, but does anyone have the WWE Network? I was watching Bash at the Beach 2000 on it last night and I'm still astounded that Russo would cut such a scathing shoot on the mic. I can't say I was ever a fan of his (especially for making fun of JR's Bells Palsy), and it's no surprise that the court battle went of for years after he started calling Hogan a piece of shit.

I have the Network and watched Elimination Chamber last night. It was good but did feel like an evening wasted, especially after the Rumble annoyed me just a week or two earlier.

Interesting you mention the Bash at the Beach moment as I have just been watching some of those WhatCulture Wrestling lists and this was on the Top 10 Burials on TV video. I didn't see it at the time (had converted to WWF at that point) but I do remember Russo when he came to TNA - they made him look like the guy who wrote all the best Monday Night Raw moments. He's a brave guy for shooting on Hogan and probably well aware WCW was on its last legs by that stage. I love the Steiner shoot on Flair (and WCW itself) - Steiner was one of my favourites until he had that awful match with Triple H. He was hilarious in TNA and it was probably the better place for his off-script style.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 22:02

The Steinermania trilogy on YouTube is must-see. What a man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 11:31

Yeah they really did make Russo look like the second coming. His attitude in WCW stunk though, if you're going down with a sinking ship, jump off it but don't jump off it and moon them at the same time.
Scott Steiner is a total headcase (in a good way) and some of the best promos I've ever seen have came from him.

I do need to check out the Steinermania triology on YT, though. The man needs his own channel on YT.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 17:58

gjones wrote:
I have the Network and watched Elimination Chamber last night. It was good but did feel like an evening wasted, especially after the Rumble annoyed me just a week or two earlier.

I thought the Chamber was a really good show overall, the only wasted time I'd say was the Natalya vs Nikki match & the Ziggler handicap match.

Also absolutely loved that they finally put the title on Bray Wyatt which has made the smackdown half of Wrestlemania really exciting as they can take it in so many different ways. Maybe I've started to enjoy it more since I cut out watching the full episodes of Raw & SD.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 18:13

Yeah I only watch ppvs and youtube for my wwe fill, nxt occasionally too. Helps me dodge the endless rematches at least.

I think the nikki natty and handicap matches were almost done right but they cocked the endings up. Neither feel like mania calibre feuds but, defo the bella story, seems like its heading there.

Everything sense was fine, but the show will mostly be remembered for the excellent main event.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 19:19

Quote :
Performance of the night had to go to Bray Wyatt. As in: worst performance of the night. I can't recall if I put it in this thread, but I've thought for the longest time that the gimmick would fall to pieces the moment he had to work a lengthy PPV match. I don't think the inferno gimmick can be used as an excuse; his timing was rubbish and he looked like shite. I know folk here quite like him, but in my opinion he's the drizzling shits.

That's what I said straight after Bray Wyatt's debut at Summerslam 2013. Is he still rubbish? Fair enough, he's the champion, but so was Sgt. Slaughter, and so was Bradshaw.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:15

I think you're in a minority there, Cappa. Bray's bloody brilliant.

I liked that PPV a lot. I thought a handicap match with the heel at a disadvantage was dumb going in, but they did better than expected.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:25

Depends on the style of wrestling you like, doesn't it? Even though I've enjoyed him since his debut I can say that he has improved quite a bit since then, him & Reigns had one of the best HiaC matches back in 2015 I've seen in a long long time & since they moved him over to SD he's steadily got better & better.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 22:29

Obviously assume that there was an 'in my opinion' in that post. Naturally subjective.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 0:39

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Quote :
Performance of the night had to go to Bray Wyatt. As in: worst performance of the night. I can't recall if I put it in this thread, but I've thought for the longest time that the gimmick would fall to pieces the moment he had to work a lengthy PPV match. I don't think the inferno gimmick can be used as an excuse; his timing was rubbish and he looked like shite. I know folk here quite like him, but in my opinion he's the drizzling shits.

That's what I said straight after Bray Wyatt's debut at Summerslam 2013. Is he still rubbish? Fair enough, he's the champion, but so was Sgt. Slaughter, and so was Bradshaw.

They've changed the gimmick up and he's able to work a damn fine match. I think I'd chalk that debut up to him and Kane being restricted to the fucking awful idea that is the Inferno Match, as they're both plainly better than that.

On an unrelated note, Kevin Owen's betrayal on Chris Jericho had me gutted. I didn't see it coming at all - it was WWE's Red Wedding. It's also done the impossible of wanting me to see Goldberg destroy KO now, but I reckon KO's downfall will come with Jericho costing him the match.

Anyone got Mania card predictions at this stage, beyond the announced matches?

I reckon...

My Mania Predictions:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 10:50

I think your predictions look alright but Luke Harper and Samoa Joe are missing. Id like to see them in the inter and rollins matches respectively. I know trips rollins is the safe (more realistic) call but meh, and one of crews or kalisto should be relegated to the memorial. Probably kalisto for harper;, aj can do the cool spots, harper and dean can take the bumps. I know ziggers is feuding with crews and kalisto but I dont think their feud is good enough to relegate harper, and I don't want interference in the wwe title match, so harper gets in.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 16:41

Man, is Taker/ Reigns really what everyone thinks is happening? And Cena is getting chucked into a weird marriage feud? The Taker/ Cena match has to happen before they both die Sad
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 16:58

I feel like that's what's more likely to happen, but a cena taker match is the match I'd choose to see if it was booked and I could only watch one mania match.

Edit: So I've heard that yesterday's smackdown
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next