We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread

Go down 
+18
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Athrun888
beemoh
Jimbob
fronkhead
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 23:32

I can probably give you one of my codes A05WP06202WNHV4Y
It should work as we are the same region
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 2:44

Ye probably should have MP'd him that.

Jay wrote:
He's been officially announced, unless you mean you've been avoiding any and all announcements?

Yup, been avoiding all announcements since Captain Falcon was revealed & it oddly seems a bit easier to avoid now that the game is out. (in Japan)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 5:34

Yeah probably if it wasn't last minute.
Without saying who they are I'm close to unlocking the final 2 characters finally
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Sep 2014 - 9:08

shanks wrote:
I can probably give you one of my codes A05WP06202WNHV4Y
It should work as we are the same region

Code wasn't recognised, but cheers anyway! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 16:49

Well the demo finally came out for all of us normal plebeians to try, so I've done just that and now I'm going to post some views nobody cares about.  The game looks amazing for the 3ds, I'm really surprised at what they've managed to pull off with the hardware, and having seen some of the crazy stuff in other stages (final destination...) on streams I get the feeling the game is going to be extremely stunning on other stages.

A sin to many I have no doubt, I stuck on some music I normally play smash to and got about things (for those curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM682ycdtE0)

As for the characters, mario felt really satisfying to play as, I'd swear he hits harder now or something, but whatever the case landing hits with him just feels sooooo good.  Link is same old same old, with the controls the way they are I still end up naturally going for the wrong buttons for specials (thank you ys memories of celceta...) so I'll have to wait till the full version and customising the buttons (b for smash, x for special, y for jump, and a for grab are probably going to be my picks) to pass proper judgement on him, I like what they did with his running smash now however.  It always felt kind of weak and boring in brawl, but that leap is really satisfying to use.

Then there was pikachu, I used to use him a fair bit in brawl but I suspect that won't be the case here, feels like he was nerfed in a bunch of areas.  I appreciate the ability of thunder to go through platforms he's under now though, that might make multiman a bit more fun.  Then there's the two newcomers, villiger just didn't click with me due to the highly obscure nature of his moves.  I'm a simple kinda guy so I like to be able to just staright up stab folks, not grow a tree and collapse it on them.  He totally deserves his spot on the cast however, unique and very funny.  Then there's megaman.  In the right hands it's clear he can play a really nasty range game, but as it is his stiff movements just don't click with me.  I prefer my characters to flow, if that makes any sense, and he lives up to being a robot in his movements.  

As for some of the new items I got to briefly try, I love that giant bat thing that I assume is from kid icarus, the one that creates the tornadoes.  Bullet bill was also fun to use (having seen it in action before I knew not to kill myself with it, very easy if you use it in the wrong place).  Seeing some gen six faces from the pokeballs was fun, gogoat and best starter fennekin were the ones that showed up for me.

Overall thoughts: the game is looking like a slick production, once the full version comes out and I can work out my gripes with the buttons and I get used to the slider the thing is going to play like a dream, being on the 3ds has resulted in no reduction in the quality.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 16:57

Athrun888 wrote:
A sin to many I have no doubt, I stuck on some music I normally play smash to...

Normally I'd be posting reaction .gifs of disgust. However, by this point I cannot stomach the new Battlefield music any more. Heard it too often in recent times, since the alternative barely crops up on default settings.

Not an awful idea with the demo., therefore, just so long as you give the proper soundtrack a decent shot when the real thing comes out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 17:04

It's good, innit? I'm impressed with how well it's translated to the small screen(s). I want to turn off having to jump if you press up, which I know I'll be able to do in the full game, because I keep accidentally jumping when doing an up move and I never used to do that with a Gamecube pad - but in all honesty I think it's just because I'm getting used to playing Smash on a different button layout.

It looks great and it plays really smoothly. I'm really looking forward to having the full roster available - I guess the point of the demo is to tantalise you and it's definitely worked on me!

Edit: Oh yeah, and I love Villager's running-and-dropping-a-flowerpot move. Adorable.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 17:19

Hmmm, interesting thoughts on the game. I wholeheartedly agree that Mario just feels good to play with, very fluid movements and attacks (like fludd, hahaha! .....) chaining some normal attacks together followed by that amazing side smash never gets old.

I'd have to disagree (surprise) with Pikachu being nerfed though. I think he has had an even trade off losing power but gaining mobility and sprint speed. His up special seems better than ever, covering more distance and seeminly beating opposing arial attacks against him if you connect right at the tip of the attack, he feels faster, though the loss in power in his side smash is noticable. A nice aesthetic touch is that he now uses his tail as a lightningrod on his down special.

I really like both the Villager and Megaman, the latter in particular has some very unique attacks for strange situations.

So why dont we make our own Gnamer demo tierlist™?

Mine would go like:

1. Mega man
2. Mario
3. Pikachu\Villager
4 (way behind) Link
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 17:30

Balladeer wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
A sin to many I have no doubt, I stuck on some music I normally play smash to...

Normally I'd be posting reaction .gifs of disgust.  However, by this point I cannot stomach the new Battlefield music any more.  Heard it too often in recent times, since the alternative barely crops up on default settings.

Not an awful idea with the demo., therefore, just so long as you give the proper soundtrack a decent shot when the real thing comes out.

Yeah, battlefield being used so often was why I started with my own music this time, normally I only start playing my own music if I've been playing a game for a while because of burn out.  I'll get to that point with this as well because I spend so much time playing smash, but probably only after I've spent at least twenty hours or more.  Actually I find playing games like smash with some of my own themes in the background after I'm burned out on its music pretty therapeutic and relaxing.

And on the tier list note, here's mine based on my prelim feelings.

1.) Mario
2.) Mega man
3.) Link
4.) Villager
5.) Pikachu

Maybe the villager would go up a spot if I got used to him, but he just does not gel with how I play at all with his bizarre hit boxes and moves.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 17:34

My tier list is different again, and it doesn't include Villager.  The chap is just too strange - I think he's one of those "master him and he's deadly" types.  So, Villager aside:

1) Link
2) Mega Man (top two close)
3) Mario
4) Pikachu

It's tough to put them in order - the balancing seems to be much better this time around.  I mean, I've even used Mario's forward aerial well a couple of times!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 18:32

I landed a meteor smash using Mario's forward aerial during a match against my brother - very satisfying.

Agreed with the classification of the Villager as "weird". No idea how to properly use him. Link's alright - good range but pretty cumbersome compared to the other characters on offer in the demo. Pikachu is alright - fast but no smash power, probably the worst. Mega Man is a tough one - the lack of any standard A attack in lieu of a projectile makes him a bit of a liability up close. Mega Man excels more in free for alls as opposed to one on ones I reckon. And I really like Mario! Probably my favourite of the bunch so far.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 3:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 21:57

My list would be:

1. Villager
2. Mega Man
3. Link
4. Mario
5. Pikachu

Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 14:53

Yeah Villager has some crazy moves, the tree planting is probably my favourite, try using the tree to block projectiles and using the axe to attack players rather than the tree.

Another interesting move is his side smash (bowling ball). It has awful range and great power, however! If used near an edge... The bowling ball plummets increasing the range substancially. Its great for hitting people trying to get back to the stage or on multiplatformed levels.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 22:54

Vidofnir wrote:
Yeah Villager has some crazy moves, the tree planting is probably my favourite, try using the tree to block projectiles and using the axe to attack players rather than the tree.

Another interesting move is his side smash (bowling ball). It has awful range and great power, however! If used near an edge... The bowling ball plummets increasing the range substancially. Its great for hitting people trying to get back to the stage or on multiplatformed levels.

That's pretty much how I've been using him, makes for some unique tactics although you do tend to need a bit of time to use a lot of their moves effectively.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 11:27

Treesmurf wrote:
Vidofnir wrote:

That's pretty much how I've been using him, makes for some unique tactics although you do tend to need a bit of time to use a lot of their moves effectively.

When I done a few matches on the max cpu level with a few going to sudden death I caught out my opponent with the bowling ball move quite a bit, you can be real sneaky with the tree move as well as you don't have to make it grow straight away which makes folk forget about it until you unleash it.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 17:07

Ah, I didnt think of that Jaster. In that way it kind of operates like snakes mines, I think when the tree grows it also sends opponents upwards like a smash attack so I can see that being really useful.

Additionally, the watering can can move players like Mario's fludd. Could result in some embarrasing Ko's heheheh....
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 18:10

How satisfying is Link's new dash attack, by the way?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 19:10

It's a mid-damage kill strike with range.  So, pretty satisfying. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 22:08

Yup, that's a nice wee move.

vidofnir wrote:
Ah, I didnt think of that Jaster. In that way it kind of operates like snakes mines, I think when the tree grows it also sends opponents upwards like a smash attack so I can see that being really useful.

Aye I noticed that happening on the odd occasion as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 23:50

I'm really eager to get a hold of the full game now - having the other characters in the game merely greyed out was a clever move. I can hammer A over Robin as much as I want, but until I get the full game I'm not playing as him. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 0:09

My list is:

1. Villager
2. Mega Man
3. Pikachu
4. Link
5. Mario

But I think it's in part because I like playing with the characters I've never played with before. Also, Villager's dancing taunt is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 20:54

Current GNamer tiers (I'll stick Villager in at 5, and average out Vido's two ranks), if my maths is sound (checks welcome):

1. Mega Man 21
2. Villager 15.5
3. Mario 15
4. Link 14
5. Pikachu 9.5

The first and last placings stick out like sore thumbs, but it's pretty close in the middle.  Nobody put MM lower than second, or Pikachu higher than third.

Also: settle it in Smash!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 1:21

Those adverts are brilliant, when I rise to power I'll see to it that all of life's disputes are settled like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 7:30

I'm hoping for some "Settle it in Smash"-related taglines nearer the game's release. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 8:05

So something like.. Wanna punch Pac man? settle it in Smash?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next