We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 21:55

Daredevil done, what a show. Now to finish watching TWDS6 soon and wait for GoTS6.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 18:56

We've got into the Danish drama Follow The Money on BBC4. It's another police thriller in the classic Scandinavian mould, where the story reflects the ills of modern society as it progresses. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 22:33

Having accidentally triggered a 30-day Amazon Prime trial, I've watched Season 1 of Into the Badlands. I really like it! It's ridiculous over-the-top stuff, all swordfights and fistfights and teenage girls killing people with shuriken and blokes in wheelchairs being badass and a really sinister villain (although most of the cast are shades of grey, him included) who reminds me of DeCaprio in Django Unchained. Doesn't require much thought, just good clean (and by "clean" I mean "bloody") fun. I also get the feeling Jimbob might appreciate it...

One thing that might require a bit more thought is The Man in the High Castle. I also watched the first episode of that. About as funny and spectacular as a degenerative skin condition. Don't get me wrong, it's well shot and well written, but a bit too grim for me I think.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 11:49

...it's about the Nazis winning. I wasn't expecting a comedy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 13:16

I really want to watch The Man in the High Castle, the book is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 19:41

I hear the show is pretty plodding; I might just read the book.

Finished Daredevil season 2 yesterday. I enjoyed it; there were quality fights, Punisher and Elektra were done perfectly, I cared about the characters and I was keen for more at the end. It wasn't as good overall as the first one, though. It reminded me of a lot of videogame sequels; everything was bigger and louder and better, and lots more was going on, but the purity and tight plotting of the first season was sorely missed. Nothing kept me gripped like the mission to nail Fisk, and there was no really memorable, hateable villain.

Yesterday's Better Call Saul was a banger though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 21:02

We're waiting for all the Better Call Saul episodes to be out so that we can binge it, like the previous series.

In the meantime, there's Line Of Duty. It's clearly aiming to be big telly but it is mostly really successful. Police dramas FTW!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 10:45

I actually wouldn't advise that with Better Call Saul. It's a slow show, and I think it'd get quite dull if binged. As a weekly show, though, it remains nice and fun. Each to their own obviously.

I've got lots of TV catching up to do, myself: a BCS, two each of Brooklyn 99 and Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, and the new series Lonely and Horny from Jake and Amir. Speaking of which: that's being advertised right here on GNamer!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:14

And the Ace Attorney anime! The first episode of which was plenty of fun, although they've changed Sahwit's breakdown. Not sure if okay with this.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 15:13

Drunkalilly wrote:
I actually wouldn't advise that with Better Call Saul. It's a slow show, and I think it'd get quite dull if binged. As a weekly show, though, it remains nice and fun. Each to their own obviously.

In agreement with this. It's a slow-burning show and binging takes something away from it. Thumbs Up!

Balladeer wrote:
And the Ace Attorney anime!  The first episode of which was plenty of fun, although they've changed Sahwit's breakdown.  Not sure if okay with this.

Yep, enjoyed this a lot! Loved the actual gusts of wind knocking Wright off his fight when Sahwit turns the case around on him. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 10:46

Noragami, I haven't been this impressed with an anime in a looooong time.  Serious sleeper hit if I ever saw one, unless the final seven eps of season 2 drop the ball big time I'll have nothing but the highest praise for this.  The few slight blunders it had are easily overshadowed by the highs.  Brilliant character arcs and absolutely blistering action sequences.

Yato is also easily one of the best leads in a long while.  So refreshing compared to generic self-insert MC 101 archetypes.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 3:15

So then. Game of Thrones is back, and I don't know what's coming this time! Just watched episode 1 of Season 6 (Sky Atlantic broadcast it simultaneously with the US airing) and it was standard first episode stuff, establishing the status quo, but the ending there...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 20:56

There's a Gary: Tank Commander Holyrood Election special on BBC 2 tonight. Quite looking forward to that. In it's original run it was easily the best Scottish sitcom since Still Game, and it still is. BBC Three put it on for about a week, then commissioned Bluestone 42, which was an absolutely shite and unfunny rip-off. It was honking. If there's anybody here that likes Bluestone 42, you're going on mute.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 10:29

Last night Jo and I bore witness to that festival of entertainment that is The Eurovision Song Contest. Australia continued to compete, despite still not being part of Europe. The United Kingdom continues to think that decent-ish pop songs are the way forward when it comes to winning the competition. The new voting rules make the programme longer than it should be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 10:55

Now that showing it in places like USA and China, it won't be long in till one of them want's in on the act.

I watched it and my fav going in was Germany who came last, to me that song could have been released tomorrow by someone like Katy Perry and do well but at eurovison it's the political song of Ukraine which won.

Also the new voting I liked as told us more about what the professorial like not Poland with 7 points and who the public like who gave Poland the 3rd highest points also made it more intense.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 11:37

Oh wow, now that was a damn good Game of Thrones!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 22:55

Locked Up, the Spanish prison drama. It's got the same 'just one more episode' addictive quality that the best dramas have.

I'm glad y'all are enjoying The Game Of Thrones. I told a chap at work that I didn't watch it and he said "What?! Get cultured!".
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 23:04

It is the cultural touchstone of our generation...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 9:19

Watched the NEW Top Gear and it was rather pant's.

Chris Evans for a radio presenter has a really annoying voice that bugged me
The forced jokes
The lack of real chemistry between Matt and Chris, this may improve in time though and I don't mind Matt unlike some of the internet
Missing the point of the star in a reasonably priced car

Only thing is I say all that and seen my mates that the run a car group etc say similar the thing is were all going to watch it next week as what else there to watch about cars on TV.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 11:56

Finally got around to watching Ash Vs Evil dead (seen 4 eps so far) & I'm absolutely loving it, nails the type of comedy you'd expect & still has moments of true creepiness. I just wish it was on for longer than 25/30 minutes so each ep could breathe a bit more.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 22:01

masofdas wrote:
Watched the NEW Top Gear and it was rather pant's.

Chris Evans for a radio presenter has a really annoying voice that bugged me
The forced jokes
The lack of real chemistry between Matt and Chris, this may improve in time though and  I don't mind Matt unlike some of the internet
Missing the point of the star in a reasonably priced car

Only thing is I say all that and seen my mates that the run a car group etc say similar the thing is were all going to watch it next week as what else there to watch about cars on TV.

Thought Chris Evans was shite on Top Gear, to be honest. For a fella known for loving cars, it didn't really come across like he did. The emphasis on audience interaction really scuppered any chance of banter between Matt and Chris, and Chris's interview with Gordon Ramsay and Mark Zuckerburg was like watching a crap car-themed panto.

Matt's solo section in the off-roader was ace though. He's brilliantly charismatic and that was a delight to watch. Course, then you've got the black hole of charisma Chris Evans coming back to ruin the mood. I'll stick with it - maybe it'll grow on me. More Matt, a lot less Chris, please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 21:18

What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 Cmhl82uW8AAGsV_

=

What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 Ally+McCoist+Rangers+v+Celtic+-gG6YNyKPWql
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 21:47

JayMoyles wrote:
More Matt, a lot less Chris, please.

Go on then.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 23:06

I've watched 3 eps of Preacher, really enjoying it so far & the cast is great!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 20:09

What a night for quality sport, first a epic match between Cilic and Federer with an epic comeback, and now what's looking set to be a five set epi-correction, IS a epic five set match between Tsonga and Murray.  Grand slam tennis at its finest, puts every other sport to shame when it's this good.  Thrilling stuff! My sleep schedule is well and truly done up the rear end, totally worth it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next