We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
+14
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Jimbob
Muss
JayMoyles
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. Empty
PostSubject: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 6:46

I've watched through Crazy Ex Girlfriend on Netflix recently, anyone seen it? Good characters and songs that are both good and funny. Check it out Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 9:00

I haven't yet, but it's been given big talk on both the Toku podcast and the Videogamer one, so I might have to give it a pop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 10:14

Crumpleton, thou art a rascal. Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 19:55

That was coming from a mile off Zero. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:42

I can edit the title, you know. Naughty

But won't. It kind of boggles me that someone did it. Afraid
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 20:55

I just got Netflix back as Iron Fist is out on Monday (I think) also it has a decent amount of 4K stuff. Is their anything worth watching on the platform.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:19

I think it has some Attenborough stuff in 4K, that's gotta be worth a look.
I'm pretty pumped for Danny Rand myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySun 12 Mar 2017 - 18:01

Nothing Attenborough at all on it in 4K, someone told me their was a Planet Earth 4K Test thing on iPlayer but I can't find it.

Most of the Netflix stuff in 4K is their own shows like the Marvel stuff, going to be great watching Iron Fist then Defenders in sweet 4K.

I did watch some Master of None its funny but LOL funny.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 21 Mar 2017 - 23:12

A homely set of foreign language police shows (this month we have Follow The Money (ace, fiery, political) and The Team (continental, gripping, strong)).

Also, next Wednesday: The Master Chef returns. Wait, I cannot. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 19:56

I watched the first 3 eps of the new Prison break last night & it's actually not that bad, fun seeing all those characters again as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 20:15

I'm going to do that horrendous thing where someone revives a thread and I completely ignore their revival post.  Sorry about that Jas, but I don't know the first thing about Prison Break and I've been watching some other telly that other people might be able to comment on. Aww!

Granted, it's all old telly that I'm being 'made' to catch up on.  First is Red Dwarf: yes, until a couple of months ago I'd never seen this, get yer gasps out the way now.  I'm currently midway through Season 3.  It's good, you all know it's good, but I'm not yet convinced (as several others seem to be) that Season 3 is a big step up from 1 and 2.  New Holly's got nothing on old Holly, the Cat is less feline in character, and Kryten has yet to prove terribly interesting.  We shall see.

The other is Supernatural.  Not my usual fodder, given that I don't like horror, it's fun to watch with someone else.  Lots of interesting demons and that.  And, well, I can see why the ladies like it: two very pretty boys in the male leads.  Episode 3 had me thinking of this SCP the whole way, mind.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 8:25

I've always enjoyed Red Dwarf but never understood the cult following it established in the 2000s. The 90s sitcom I feel deserved fandom is Bottom - hugely underrated.

What Red Dwarf does well is that feeling of familiarity with the locations and the small, tight-knit cast. I recently ploughed through the 4 new episodes of Peter Kay's Car Share and its proof that you only need a couple of actors and a strong script to provide comedy that can also play with emotions. Love that show.

Also, have been watching Benidorm a lot lately and while they have strung it out in to an annual series, the latest series has had me howling (mostly at Eddie). Don't know if anyone here is into Benidorm...

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 15:41

Red Dwarf reached its peak in series 5 and 6 for me. Everything after that jumps around in quality too much, from downright awful to above average. I really should give the recent series more of a go. Never got into Bottom (stop giggling at the back there - no, wait, all of you are giggling) or Benidorm.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 19:25

Balla wrote:

I'm going to do that horrendous thing where someone revives a thread and I completely ignore their revival post. Sorry about that Jas, but I don't know the first thing about Prison Break and I've been watching some other telly that other people might be able to comment on. Aww!

No worries as I wasn't expecting much chat out of it.

Balla wrote:
The other is Supernatural. Not my usual fodder, given that I don't like horror, it's fun to watch with someone else. Lots of interesting demons and that. And, well, I can see why the ladies like it: two very pretty boys in the male leads. Episode 3 had me thinking of this SCP the whole way, mind.

I've been a fan of Supernatural for a while but it lost it's edge after season 9 which is a hell of a run for a TV show tbh, I'm still slowly going through season 11 but the retread of old ground makes that about 1 or 2 eps a month.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 12:20

You will get Prison Break chat, Jas, as soon as I've rolled my eyeballs over it. The first season of Prison Break is one of the best seasons of TV ever, in my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 18:57

gjones wrote:
What Red Dwarf does well is that feeling of familiarity with the locations and the small, tight-knit cast.

I'll agree with that. Perhaps that's why I've found the jump between series 2 and 3, when they visited more locations and had one/two new main characters, jarring.

ZeroJones wrote:
Red Dwarf reached its peak in series 5 and 6 for me. Everything after that jumps around in quality too much, from downright awful to above average. I really should give the recent series more of a go.

I've been warned off some of the later series, especially Back To Earth which is apparently a travesty.

The_Jaster wrote:
I've been a fan of Supernatural for a while but it lost it's edge after season 9 which is a hell of a run for a TV show tbh, I'm still slowly going through season 11 but the retread of old ground makes that about 1 or 2 eps a month.

I'm not halfway through season 1 yet (which is 22 episodes Afraid ). Got a heck of a way to go!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 19:34

Back to Earth is a bit of a misstep, with no studio audience and a dramedy tone. It isn't awful but it isn't what you want from Red Dwarf. X and XI do have some good episodes though, worth a watch if you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 19:37

Line Of Duty needs mentioning. Brilliant telly, it is. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 9 May 2017 - 15:42

Is anyone else watching Better Call Saul? Today's episode, genuinely, was better than any episode of Breaking Bad I think. What a phenomenal bit of television.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 9 May 2017 - 19:07

Yes... but we've only just started S2. Embarrassed In Tokyo, actually. Grin On the night I was really ill. Pale
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:16

It only gets better as it goes, so you're in for a treat.

For myself, I finished season 2 of Game of Thrones last night. I'm watching one episode a day, which I timed to begin 60 days before the new season starts. Still finding myself get emotional, after all this time and so many re-watches.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 20:16

I'm currently enjoying HIGNFY, while I can, before the election makes it all darkly sad.

https://i.imgur.com/3H99Kug.mp4
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 9:26

Watched all of House of Cards and OITNB, both had decent seasons but have a lost bit of panache over the years.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:02

I got back into House of Cards Season 4 last night, I'm at the bit where Frank
Spoiler:

It's a good show, but after a season I tend to feel I need a breather.

I've seen that New Girl and Brooklyn 99 are coming back to E4 soon, I'm well behind with both so I might need to catch up via some naughty websites. . .
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:08

I've found the new series of OITNB to be one of the better ones from my pretty limited memory. Not finish it yet mind.

Haven't got around to House of Cards yet though, just can't be arsed firing it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next