We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2015 - 22:48

We're approaching a singularity of awesomeness here. At this rate, the NX might only have one super-game... Dance
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 10:34

It's live! Also includes the WW Pirate Ship stage for Wii U and Duck Hunt stage for 3DS, and the closest Jas might get to some MonHun action in Smash.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 19:33

Those mii costumes are pretty cool, though it's a shame they didn't go Rathalos & Rathian for both of them since that is the most iconic monster paring in the MH series.

(Also the design of the hunter armour is lame)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 21:20

The one with the red hair looks like Zoroark...

Also, the SMM stage is classy stuff, and I've only played it on the 3DS thus far! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 15:12

More Shove Knight in Smash Bros. all-but-confirmation. Plus a Mother 3 .gif for Jay.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 15:27

I wouldn't hold too much credence into that - that website lists the Zero Suit Samus amiibo as being compatible with a load of games with which it isn't compatible, and there's a couple of other discrepancies in there. As much as I'd love Shovel Knight in there (and as much as I love Yacht Club using a Mother 3 .gif) I think this genuinely might have be an error.

Or it's all an elaborate ruse and Shovel Knight is getting announced at the next Direct.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 15:37

Would anyone reading be disappointed if Shovel Knight wasn't one of the upcoming characters announced for Smash? Personally, I'd pay money for Shovel Knight, unlike for Lucas and Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 15:51

On ZSS we found out via Smurf that she works on MK8 to unlock Samus costume that the site be right and she does what normal Samus figure does.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 15:55

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Would anyone reading be disappointed if Shovel Knight wasn't one of the upcoming characters announced for Smash? Personally, I'd pay money for Shovel Knight, unlike for Lucas and Mewtwo.

Honestly, after all the hubbub about the character, I would be disappointed if he didn't turn up now. The amiibo is a bit too suspicious for it not to be related to Smash, and I really do think he'd be a perfect fit.

(I'd still buy Lucas over Shovel Knight, but that's just me loving a game that wasn't even officially released outside of Japan so I understand your point).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 17:08

God I hope he isn't the poll winner, that would be such a cliche and boring result.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 17:16

I'm trying not to put any more money into Smash than I already have... but Shovel Knight would sorely tempt me (not as much as Ryu already has, though!).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 18:23

I've said my piece on him before, but I can't say I'd be disappointed any more if he did show up. To say sort of the opposite of Jay's post, it seems inevitable at this stage.

And I'm confident he won't be as bad as Ryu either. I've got used to Pac-Man, and actually like Mega Man being in there, so Shovel Knight will probably fit into that "*Sigh* At least he's fun to play as" category.

We'd better get SKII before any other console, though, Yacht Club! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 18:49

JayMoyles wrote:

Honestly, after all the hubbub about the character, I would be disappointed if he didn't turn up now. The amiibo is a bit too suspicious for it not to be related to Smash, and I really do think he'd be a perfect fit.

(I'd still buy Lucas over Shovel Knight, but that's just me loving a game that wasn't even officially released outside of Japan so I understand your point).

Aye, the amiibo isn't for Mario Party 10, that's for sure...(although that, come to think of it, would be absolutely mint).

My only point about Lucas and Mewtwo is that I was rubbish with them the last time they were in Smash games. Probably good fun, but I never mastered what they were all about.

Balladeer wrote:

I've said my piece on him before, but I can't say I'd be disappointed any more if he did show up.  To say sort of the opposite of Jay's post, it seems inevitable at this stage.

And I'm confident he won't be as bad as Ryu either.  I've got used to Pac-Man, and actually like Mega Man being in there, so Shovel Knight will probably fit into that "*Sigh* At least he's fun to play as" category.

We'd better get SKII before any other console, though, Yacht Club! DAMN YOU!

Surprised to see somebody saying Ryu is bad. I think it's great fun to play as Ryu, but I really like the brawlers. Even so, I think Ryu works brilliantly - both in fitting in with Smash and in being consistent with the source material.

I wonder if Yacht Club are in bed with Nintendo. Maybe Shovel Knight 2 will be published by Nintendo, just like Bayonetta 2 was.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyMon 12 Oct 2015 - 1:09

Aye, the amiibo isn't for Mario Party 10, that's for sure...(although that, come to think of it, would be absolutely mint).

Officially, it's for Shovel Knight... but releasing an amiibo for an indie game is a bit much. Surely it has to be Smash?

Although, I've been hearing rumblings that the next character is going to be a first party character and from a fresh IP. That would suggest an Inkling, right?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyMon 12 Oct 2015 - 19:03

Athrun888 wrote:
God I hope he isn't the poll winner, that would be such a cliche and boring result.  

Since you mention the fighter ballot l am I the only one who thinks there won't just be one outright winner?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyMon 12 Oct 2015 - 19:42

"Tied for top place, we're proud to announce...DARK PEACH.

AND

METAL PEACH."
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 14:37

No Cat Mario?  Fix! DAMN YOU!

Surprised to see somebody saying Ryu is bad. I think it's great fun to play as Ryu, but I really like the brawlers. Even so, I think Ryu works brilliantly - both in fitting in with Smash and in being consistent with the source material.

I wonder if Yacht Club are in bed with Nintendo. Maybe Shovel Knight 2 will be published by Nintendo, just like Bayonetta 2 was.

Ryu's a Street Fighter character in Smash Bros.  I play Smash because (I'm a massive Nintendo fanboy and) it doesn't have any moves that require ↓↘︎→↗︎↑↓↑☜⇔ABA to execute.  And I know people will say that you don't have to do that, but if you don't, you're not getting the best out of him.  You should be able to play using Smash controls and still get the best of him. If he had one move that required a non-Smash input to get half a percent of extra damage, I wouldn't like it.  (The light/heavy attacks get on my wick to a lesser degree.)

Add that to his tenuous-in-the-extreme link to Nintendo (what used to be a strong association has resulted in - well, what was the last number of Street Fighter that graced a Nintendo console?), and I still think he's all kinds of wrong, even after getting used to Pac-Man (Sonic is rubbish anyway, so I'm okay with that).

I wouldn't mind SK2 being published by Nintendo at all: at least from a Smash perspective, he'd feel much more like he belongs then.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 14:40

It was IV on 3DS, so the current one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 14:48

...Honestly, I completely forgot about SFIV on 3DS. I utterly did. Shocked

At the same time, it doesn't quite erase my point, seeing as it was a stripped-down port long after the original. And the controls are still completely un-Smash. So Ryu still gets a Thumbs Down... from me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 14:59

And still, conversely, I think Ryu is incredibly well designed for what could have been a throwaway DLC character. All his animations are right out of Street Fighter 2, 4 and Alpha 3 (you know, the three Street Fighters that were on Nintendo platforms) and they appealed to Street Fighter fans - the folks most interested in checking out Ryu - by including the ability to do the advanced commands.

For what it's worth, I can rarely pull them off due to how fiddly it is to do so on the 3DS's Circle Pad, but I love the fact that it's possible to do so. Ryu's link to Nintendo is no more tenuous than Shulk (one game on the Wii) or Pac-Man (a few throwaway games here and there). But we had this conversation umpteen pages back and I don't want to retread old ground anymore than I already have done.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 15:23

JayMoyles wrote:
But we had this conversation umpteen pages back and I don't want to retread old ground anymore than I already have done.

That's a good idea! I wouldn't have brought it up again except for Cappa's comment.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 18:24

JayMoyles wrote:
Ryu's link to Nintendo is no more tenuous than Shulk (one game on the Wii)

tenuous ... Shulk

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 X01rik10

Shulk's link isn't tenuous, he's a first party character!  Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 20:46

I thought he was second party - thought Monolith were in the same position as Retro Studios. My mistake though if that's not the case!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 21:30

Second party > third. Razz
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 9:51

Monolith Soft have had a bit of a strange life, but what they produced is very much a first party game.  That is essentially the difference between second and third party studios.  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 18 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next