We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch

Go down 
+9
ZeroSuitSamus2
rlsniper789
masofdas
Fancy Fancy
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Silver light
JayMoyles
Admin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:08

I own this - untouched, as is the Moyles way - on PS3 so I can't really justify double dipping on Switch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:35

I hope you'll get on that PS3 game when it comes out on Switch, Jay, so we can talk about it! I also own it on PS3, but the odds of me ever picking up the Dualshock again (apart from for Blu-Rays and for dusting purposes) are low-to-nil.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:46

I was going to say till secret santa as I would get you Persona 5, which would blow your socks off, but no way that's going to be budget.

I've also seen this is more expensive on Switch then PS4, that even though I'm enjoying RPGs on Switch that totally rules out me getting on Switch as I'm not paying more for less.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:48

'Less'? Have they taken things out? Aww! (Unless you're referring to trophies, in which case I'm not fussed.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:52

Switch is a port, PS4 is a remaster.

Less might not have been the best word but I can get the work that went into PS4 verison for the £40 but not £50 on Switch (Amazon prices roughly).

Just seems daft for someone like me to spend that much on something that's the same as something that's £5-10 on PS3.

Why even though Dragon Quest XI is a tad rougher on Switch and cheaper on PS4, you can see the work Square has put into it that I'm getting on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 19:29

Also, top tip, No No Kuni isn’t actually a very good game. It’s a nice movie split up by terrible gameplay
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 20:52

Balladeer wrote:
I hope you'll get on that PS3 game when it comes out on Switch, Jay, so we can talk about it!

That is a big ask considering it's launching in a pretty heavy time period for games! We shall see, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 21:25

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Also, top tip, No No Kuni isn’t actually a very good game. It’s a nice movie split up by terrible gameplay

Lol!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 8:01

I love that you defend NNK despite complaining about pointless walking around the battlefield in DQ11 - a mistake NNK also makes.

Then there’s the half arsed battle system that can’t decide if it’s turn based or real time and ends up being worse than a Tales game.

Then there’s the fact that half way through the game the “Pokemon” style goes totally out of the window as Oli gets a spell so powerful it’s not worth doing ANYTHING else. I’ll give you that the fetch quests are nice though 😉

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 10:14

I've not played since the PS3 release but just looked at some gameplay, to see how the combat worked again.

It does seem when you're walking around the battlefield it's almost Tales like, but hey your stood in front of someone and attacking.

Not like what I was finding in DQXI where you could be stood anywhere and attack or get attacked.

Balla seems set on the game anyway even if I say it's a banger or you say it's terrible

And do you remember games used to get scored out of various things maybe gameplay is a 6/10 but everything is a 9/10, that it could make up for it overall.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 10:45

The monster collecting and upgrading aspect of the first game is a ton of fun. And I expect on a handheld system it will be even better!

Also, those Welsh accents 👌
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 13:36

masofdas wrote:
Switch is a port, PS4 is a remaster.

Ah I see. Do we know what the changes are?

Andy doesn't like NNK? Afraid My mind, she is blown. Someone will tell me he doesn't like Journey next.

masofdas wrote:
Balla seems set on the game anyway even if I say it's a banger or you say it's terrible

Probably fair.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 14:22

Just to keep it fair I think this is actually one of those times where it isn't a classic Crumpy Andy wrong'pinion, initially I was pulled in by the original DS game's concept & that just wasn't there in the ps3 game at all in fact pretty sure the battle system is completely different.

Now, I know I'm not into JRPG's like most here but I didn't put half the time into NNK compared to something like Xenoblade because the battle system just wasn't engaging enough which is a shame because the story was quite good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 15:04

Just says improved remastered visual and performance.

Urghh the Xenoblade series battle system is dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2019 - 19:48

Balladeer wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Probably fair.

masofdas wrote:
Urghh the Xenoblade series battle system is dreadful.

Definitely fair.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 17:56

Bumpo! I actually picked it up and, at the second time of playing, have got into this. I'm just learning how to evo- sorry, metamorphose my creatures (that dual-analogue 'friendship test' DAMN YOU! ), and I'm liking it a lot. It's tough! It's very tough. But it's mostly fun, and very charming.

I know nobody else has actually picked this up on Switch, but I'm wondering if anybody who played it back in the day would care to discuss as I play? Or if Andy would just like to carpet-bomb the thread...

Also: did you play dub or sub?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:55

I played dubbed as how can't you with Drippy

Isn't the metamorphose stuff like right at the start if I remember?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:57

Mas is bang on with the Dub, Drippy is my boi.

Also have you tried getting the big spell and then just smashing coffees Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:00

Bloomin blindin 'mun.

*hides special edition drippy plushie*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:09

Dub it is!  I'm sure I'll find a way to deal with Oliver's voice actress, a.k.a. the least enthusiastic person in the world.

masofdas wrote:
Isn't the metamorphose stuff like right at the start if I remember?

8 or so hours in.  This is going to be a big one isn't it...

The_Jaster wrote:
*hides special edition drippy plushie*

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgifimage.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F08%2Fspongebob-i-need-it-gif-20

Did you finish the game Jas?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:40

Nah, I hit the usual JRPG wall of it dragging it's heels with the length and much like Andy didn't like the combat. The characters and animation were really nice though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 14:58

Fair enough! There's a lot of wandering back and forward, can't dispute that; but I'm really having a chilled out good time with this (apart from when I find a new area and everything kills me). I've just got the ship. Do you get warping abilities at any point? Those would really help!

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Also have you tried getting the big spell and then just smashing coffees Winky Face

What is the big spell called? I presume I don't have it yet. Anyway I play in a very MP-conservative fashion - unlike the AI helpers when you set them to anything other than 'don't use abilities you utter morons'. Rolling Eyes

Also Andy, looking back at the start of this thread it looks like you 100%-ed the game or close to? Just wondering if that impacted on your lack of love for it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 19:38

It's the light spells, I think there's a few in the tree but they're all far better than anything the monsters can do. My issues with NNK are predominantly combat based, so no the platinum was more the fun stuff of breeding monsters etc even though it was utterly pointless for anything other than the trophy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 21:45

I can't wait to get overpowered to be honest. I'm just starting to explore Hamelin and everything in the area's battering me into a pulp.

Is there any way to change tactics outside battle? It's a right pain having to start off as my caster every time I want to make that change, instead of just wading in and battering things with my Might Mite like usual.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 11:44

This is currently only £7.99 on the Switch eShop, so I went ahead and took the plunge. I've played the sequel on PS4 and thought it was pleasant but not amaaazing, so I was a bit unsure about getting the first if it cost too much, but I can handle 8 quid. Not that I know when I'll actually be able to start it though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch   Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White (S)Witch
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next