We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship

Go down 
+7
Admin
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you agree that Nintendo should take money from videos of their games?
Yes, and their current scheme is fine.
Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Yes, but the scheme needs work.
Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
No
Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:20

I did add a little bit on the bottom,

I would say that's more down to the success of the 3DS and things like amiibo along with Nintendo's brand also there vast amount of money.

Also why would have it be successful to be ahead of the times surely being ahead of times your not successful like the Power Glove or the N-Gage. Both concepts worked out in the end when the tech was there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:26

You'll notice that I posted my post before you made your edit. I ain't psychic, Mas!

But yes, you're right on being ahead of the time, actually (if not on the relative success of the two screen-controller-containing consoles). I shouldn't really have mocked the Dreamcast for that.

Not when there's so much else to mock it for! (dances off stage)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:32

There's nothing to mock about the Dreamcast,

Mega CD, 32X, Saturn, Pico, Sonic now and SEGA there selves are fair game.

I thought my edit went up before your post.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 12:34

Oh boy. We've got another one. Duh!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 12:39

You can still understand why as I'm in the No camp for the poll but he has done like one Nintendo game in like forever.

That him to start moaning on something he doesn't cover is stupid, if it was Nintendo Enthusiast or something that do cover Nintendo that have problem now then, I'm all for them moaning and I would be with them.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 13:54

Why does anyone listen to a moron with a YouTube blog. I don't get it. He appears to have done it purely for hits and notoriety and out they flooded, one Nintendo hater followed by another. Now I must say that I wouldn't watch someone play a game if you paid me to do so, especially one that calls himself Angry Joe. I struggle to think of anything more boring.

On the idea that Nintendo are the bad guys here, perhaps they are, but who cares. If you make money simply by playing in-game footage, then you are capitalising on other people's work, and should pay part of the profit for it. I have no sympathy for any of them. Show parts of a game, in context to the review or point you are making, or shut the hell up.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 14:00

I have no sympathy for either side in this debacle.  I just think that, out of the two, Nintendo loses more by being proud than the 'Tubers do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 14:49

It's bad press as well for Nintendo as other sites are reporting on it and then the gamer who already doesn't like Nintendo or thinks there out of touch have even more ammo as they can go well Sony let's us do what we want there #4theplayers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015 - 15:18

Womp womp womp...

Will you ever learn Nintendo? Doing this under the vague pretence of "anti-piracy" doesn't help matters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015 - 16:12

I dunno what disappointed me more in that article, Nintendo being gamings Tony Abbott or the top comments talking about having hand jobs from hookers in public...

Guess that's what one gets from reading comment sections.  On the actual subject, Nintendo clearly doesn't actually get that their fans are who make them, otherwise they wouldn't be indulging in draconian measures that take down videos that only helped them for some petty nonsense.  Legally they're well within their rights to do it, but it's just absurd that they actually act on those laws.  A perfect example of how the laws have gone from being a shield used to defend from wrong doing to a sword used by the powers that be to chop lesser beings down a notch or two.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015 - 17:22

Jaster wrote:
The complaints from the youtubers will subside in a month or two & most will go back to making the content they normally do & no progress will be made then another shouting match will happen in 6 months.  No

Well, I was a few months out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015 - 19:33

What I hate about this instance of Nintendo flexing their muscles on YouTube is that they're not going after the money-driven big YouTubers who - and I'll preface this by saying this isn't all of them by any means - might only be playing Ninty games for the ad revenue. They're going after the speedrunners who love Nintendo games so much that they've spent literally thousands of hours playing them to find the best route. Indefensible. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 14:53

It'll only push them to streaming services like Twitch etc anyway which is probably a better fit for the speedrunning format.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 15:36

True! Still, I hate Twitch's VOD system and I rarely get a chance to watch live, so I preferred watching past speedruns on YT.

I had a thought - I wonder if Nintendo going after ROM hacks has anything to do with the release of Super Mario Maker? I mean, they're fundamentally the same thing, and maybe Nintendo wants to push their official project rather than the fanmade equivalent. Probably delving into the realms of conspiracy theory here, but who knows when it comes to Ninty and the Internet?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 15:41

Can't marshal my thoughts well enough on this, but they have got to let up. The image, guys, the image! Neutral
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 20:02

JayMoyles wrote:
I had a thought - I wonder if Nintendo going after ROM hacks has anything to do with the release of Super Mario Maker? I mean, they're fundamentally the same thing, and maybe Nintendo wants to push their official project rather than the fanmade equivalent. Probably delving into the realms of conspiracy theory here, but who knows when it comes to Ninty and the Internet?

The same thought crossed my mind also but surely if that was the case then this would have been happening a lot sooner, like way before the release of SMM.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 20:37

Don't have much to add to what everyone else has said on this, but I particularly like Athrun's quote:

Athrun888 wrote:
...Nintendo clearly doesn't actually get that their fans are who make them, otherwise they wouldn't be indulging in draconian measures that take down videos that only helped them for some petty nonsense.  Legally they're well within their rights to do it, but it's just absurd that they actually act on those laws.

Bang on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship   Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo and YouTube's tumultuous relationship
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3