We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What podcasts are you listening to?

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Fastpie
Balladeer
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
masofdas
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 22:55

I've had at least one or two instances of that from each of the podcasts I listen to; loudly laughing to myself at work or the gym or walking along the street and no doubt looking like a total nutter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 4:32

That's me when listening to TRP. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 15:55

Started Regular Features today and it certainly is brilliant. So hard to listen to at work, I'm just constantly laughing. Pedo or Volcano had me nearly crying.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 18:36

Drunkalilly wrote:
Have you tried Sound of Play yet Balla?

Ah Drunka. This is for me! I listened to most of the first episode on my way home from work, and was introduced to some great new tunes from Super Ubie Land (is that ever coming to Wii U?) and MGS4. Good stuff. ("Sweet Soul Brother" from JSR, not so much, but that's the thing with musical taste.)

There is a pretty heavy caveat though: the #bantz between episodes is mediocre leaning bad. Especially the supremely unfunny American bloke who goes on for too long. They keep advertising their main podcast, but most of what they say doesn't make me want to listen to anything else they do. There are good bits (the bloke saying he wants Captain Toad's theme playing at his funeral made me laugh out loud), which makes it worse in a way: if they were uniformly bad I could skip it.

So, my question to you: do the talky bits get better? I will keep listening either way, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 18:40

The talky bits get a lot shorter once the podcast is established and after the only time you get an excess of bantz is when they have someone on who's actually worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Jul 2015 - 18:43

Okay, thanks for that. In that case I reckon I'll plough through.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 9:49

I've been trying out the videogamer UK podcast and it's pretty good so far.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 16:45

I'm still yet to listen to any of the ones you guys do, not sure how I would fit it all in.

I reckon I'm the only one on here but Colin & Greg of IGN's Podcast Beyond (which is now meh) fame who went to do there own thing in Kinda Funny have a PlaysStation only Podcast called PS I Love You XOXO which was the Number 1 Podcast on iTunes or something before they even had a episode.

I've just finished the 2hr 30mins episode 2 which Shuhei Yoshida (who I've met) appears via a Skype chat, that man is a legend.  

Oh we also have this, which is my image on Twitter
What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 ZhxmTcx_
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 16:59

I've gotten into Videogamer's stuff a lot recently so have been listening to their podcast.
I also went through the whole Dark Souls season of Bonfireside Chat since I completed that game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 17:54

Still just the four for me, I'm afraid!

I'm now going to go on a bit of a rant about Sound of Play. Before I do so, I should say that I'm still grateful to Drunka for pointing it out to me, because it should really be my sort of thing. It's introduced me to a lot of great new tunes I'd never have heard before (I'd never heard any of the SotC soundtrack, for example Shocked ), and I'd wager that most multiplat players won't have heard many of them before either. It's a top top idea for a podcast.

I'd urge anyone with an interest in videogame music to give it a go, and at least listen to the first couple. It doesn't cost you anything, and you might well like it more than I did. But if you don't like the first few, don't expect the formula to change in the later ones.

So... yeah, sorry Drunka. Like I said, I'm still grateful to you for pointing it out. Smile But I also like to have a vent now and then about petty things, and there's nothing pettier than a podcast that I want to love but that does things I personally don't agree with.

Rantette:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 18:04

Balladeer wrote:
It's introduced me to a lot of great new tunes I'd never have heard before (I'd never heard any of the SotC soundtrack, for example Shocked )

*cough*

I hate obtrusive advertising in podcasts too, Balla. But it's a necessary evil to keep the podcasts free, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 18:16

...Shurrup. Sulk

Nah, fair point. That said, I said they didn't jump out at me at the time, and, well... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 18:18

Recently I've been listening to more of Bit Socket, I had no idea they have been around for 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 18:38

Yeah, hearing that has definitely made me want to go back and see some of their vids. That is a top class podcast.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 18:14

I loooooooooooove Bitsocket! Really funny, really lovely guys.

I also really enjoy Sound of Play and Cane and Rinse, but each to their own.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 19:02

Anyone else taken North of the Borders up? Always up for more Chris on a podcast - especially as he doesn't get a lot of CVG in. It's just nice listening.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 19:24

I'd almost completely forgotten, but will definitely grab it now you mention it!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 1:05

I think I have a podcast addiction, so I won't bore you all by listing them all. Here are my favourites:

Gaming:

TRP: Obviously
IGN Nintendo Voice Chat: This is really good when they have guests on. Bill Trinen has guested a couple of times.
Cane And Rinse: Really in-depth discussion about videogames. Each episode, they spend 2 hours talking about just one game or series.
Year of Steam: Three people randomly play Steam games then review them. I've discovered the value of lots of games I already own from Indie Bundles due to this.

Non-Gaming:

Welcome To Night Vale: A weird fictional radio show from a strange town. Horrific and hilarious in equal measures. The plot continues from one episode to the next, so start with Episode 1.
All Songs Considered: A great way to discover new music.
Reply All: A podcast about weird - but true - stories involving humanity and the internet. Far better than I just made it sound.
Invisibilia: A fascinating podcast about the hidden power of thoughts - Episode 1 features a man who has disturbing visions of brutally murdering everyone he meets, including his wife.
Song Exploder: Each week, an artist breaks down a song into its component parts. Amazing.
School of Movies: Basically, this is to movies what Cane And Rinse is to videogames. Incredibly detailed discussions about movies, books, etc.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 18:01

Over the last few days I've made a discovery: I am crap at podcasts. If I'm at home, there's always something else to do and the podcast is on in the background, mostly unheard. I don't go on long enough journeys to listen to a full one and despise breaking them up to listen to in two or more parts.

Advice? Meh
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 18:32

Don't listen to podcasts? Laughing The majority of my listening is at work, however that's unlikely to be an option for you so I've not got any great suggestions I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 7:52

My podcast listening comes mostly:
When doing chores
When doing stuff at work where I'm away from the public
When running/ at the gym
When playing casual games of something like Splatoon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 9:05

You come down to visit me, ZJ!  But I generally do break them down into parts, and that doesn't bother me.  

There are short ones out there, though.  Of my four, Welcome to Night Vale is mostly short enough to listen to in one go, especially if you skip over the beginning/end preambles and the weather (like what I do).  Speaking of which...

Axis1500 wrote:
Welcome To Night Vale: A weird fictional radio show from a strange town. Horrific and hilarious in equal measures. The plot continues from one episode to the next, so start with Episode 1.

Yay, another one! Grin ALL HAIL THE GRACKLER.  ALL HAIL.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 12:16

I tried to listen to Welcome to Night Vale, but I found a bit too disjointed. Does it become more coherent in regards to its plot or is it still very vague?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 12:32

It's disjointed in its disjointedness. Some plots are spread over several episodes, and that doesn't go away. But some episodes, usually climactic ones, deal with a whole plot in one episode.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2016 - 19:01

Jay, remember how you didn't like WtNV's disjointedness?  Do you wish there was a podcast from the same people, with more of a story focus?  With less "oooh creepy stuff"; or rather, with just as much "oooh creepy stuff", but it's more focussed and more story relevant?

Alice Isn't Dead. Only three episodes at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What podcasts are you listening to?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next