Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What podcasts are you listening to?

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Fastpie
Balladeer
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
masofdas
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:20

Drunkalilly wrote:
They also have one called Monster of the Week, which is about Supernatural, which I've never listened to but I've been meaning to suggest to Balla.

Oooooh. Duly noted, and thanks! Might pester The Lady to experience this with me. Alternatively, Jas - fancy trying a new podcast?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:28

Like I said, I've not listened because I'm not into the subject matter but the group it's associated with are very funny, very warm and very SJW, so I have no hesitations recommending it. The host, Jeremy Greer, hosts an X-Men podcast I didn't think it was worth sharing with y'all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 14:07

Balladeer wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
They also have one called Monster of the Week, which is about Supernatural, which I've never listened to but I've been meaning to suggest to Balla.

Oooooh.  Duly noted, and thanks!  Might pester The Lady to experience this with me.  Alternatively, Jas - fancy trying a new podcast?

Aye that's worth a go I think, even though I never stick to regularly listening to casts that I do enjoy.

---

I'll also give The computer game show a go as well especially if they talk about R6 Siege. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 15:23

Aw c'mon, using that tune is the cheapest way to get Supernatural fans invested ever!

Yup I heard the first half of the first episode of Monster of the Week, and I'm enjoying it thus far.  It's interesting just how many things I missed: mechanics, car references (not being into my cars at all), or just bad acting.  

I like that they're slagging stuff off, despite loving other stuff, and always with (what sounds like) smiles on their faces.  The group of podcasters have good chemistry, so I can definitely see why you li-

Quote :
I can't believe it took us 20 minutes to make our first Dark Souls reference!

...DrunkaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 15:25

That's a lot of podcasts Drunka how do you fit them all in with 400+ hours of Mario Kart 8, is it like I said due to travelling (Think Andy said he listened on commutes which is stuff I don't do) etc and I guess much like me playing FM17 can play something like Kart & listen to a cast at the same time.

Out of the ones listed the only ones I'm interested in are the TCGS and I like the idea of the book club style ones but I would want to be playing the game and Zero said about us doing that sort of thing when Switches online goes live and we have our NES games.

Also, EofGizmo has talked about it for his blog a bunch of his mates playing a game a month, I think the first was going to be Super Mario RPG.

That I would just take part in those instead.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 15:46

I'd assume with 400 hours of Mario Kart there would be ample time for listening to podcasts... I don't travel much these days, but obviously my general lack of love for game sound helps me stay on top of them. If it doesn't have a lot/good voice acting odds are strongly on the sound going down and the pods going on (unless it's a text based game obv).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 15:49

I couldn't do that unless it was something like FM17 that I don't need sound.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 17:11

But how many games *need* sound? I've played a lot of games where it is 100% essential to the atmosphere - Hellblade wouldn't be half as good, but did sound add anything to Steamworld Heist? No. Would I have enjoyed Celeste any more with the sound? No, it was all about the platforming to me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 17:19

To be honest I didn't that much of those with sound as I played on the Switch whilst watching to NVC or something on Netflix. I was thinking more on the lines of Zelda, Ni No Kuni, Uncharted, Persona etc which is mainly what I play personally which has story that I want to be engaged in and sound would help.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 17:22

See Persona 5 is a game I listened to things along with a lot of the time. Dungeons are long without plot, it also has a very limited track list that gets super repetitive - listen to the lads instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 17:25

It would take me out of the experience in something like that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 1:20

Balladeer wrote:
Quote :
I can't believe it took us 20 minutes to make our first Dark Souls reference!

...DrunkaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I did say I got into this podcast network after their Dark Souls show . . .

masofdas wrote:
That's a lot of podcasts Drunka how do you fit them all in with 400+ hours of Mario Kart 8, is it like I said due to travelling

When I lived in Somerse, I mostly listened to them at work, whenever I wasn't on the shop floor. When I lived with my parents, I had an hour's walk to and from work. Here, I listen to them while trekking to and from museums, shrines, parks etc.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
But how many games *need* sound? I've played a lot of games where it is 100% essential to the atmosphere - Hellblade wouldn't be half as good, but would I have enjoyed Celeste any more with the sound? No.

As usual, you can pretty much ignore all of andy's opinions.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 5:31

Yeah what I thought and you can't really listen to a cast in a 15/20 car journey to work.

I sort of agree with Andy but more on the lines of what games don't need sound which is likes of Celeste, Kirby, FM, FIFA, Kart 8, I think all those could be played without it but most of my gaming are narrative driven where it is important and I just couldn't play a Persona without it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 6:36

I'm hoping that I won't stir up too much controversy here, but I feel that sometimes the music in a video game is worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 8:15

Sure are and I may understand why Andy might not like some games that the music helps with the experience, that I personally think are Top 25 of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 21:49

Hmmm... from that it sounds like TCGS is the starting point at least. Noted! Thanks all Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Mar 2018 - 10:13

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Would I have enjoyed Celeste any more with the sound? No, it was all about the platforming to me.

To pick Celeste - of all platformers, Celeste, where it was the music that made it magical in the prologue, where I grabbed the soundtrack off Bandcamp as soon as I'd finished the game...

Drunkalilly wrote:
As usual, you can pretty much ignore all of andy's opinions.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 0:14

I love me a "video game book club" style podcast so that one by the guys behind Bonfireside Chat will be getting a download. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 12:28

JayMoyles wrote:
I love me a "video game book club" style podcast so that one by the guys behind Bonfireside Chat will be getting a download. Thumbs Up!

I had a quick gander and one of the two Drunka posted that do that are talking about Bioshock Infinite this week, I've not given it a listen as it's like over an hour & half long but I do have a bit of a thought on that game and another that came out that year but I see we don't  have a new random thought thread yet Sad

On actual podcasts, I gave TCGS a listen again this week and much better as they call the Switch, VITA 2 at the start and bring up the Jaguar that you've got me on board (that is a pun).

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 29 Mar 2018 - 13:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 12:49

masofdas wrote:
I do have a bit of a thought on that game and another that came out that year but I see we don't  have a new random thought thread yet Sad

There you go.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Mar 2018 - 20:09

masofdas wrote:
but I see we don't  have a new random thought thread yet Sad

Be the change you want to see. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 14:41

Hey friends! After teething with a little podcast about Firefly*, here's the actual new podcast from me and my pal Matt:

Matt and Luke's Sci-Fi Sanctuary

Website: https://gintendo-namer.squarespace.com/luke-matt-scifi-sanctuary/
Apple podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/luke-and-matts-sci-fi-sanctuary/id1472954312
RSS: https://gintendo-namer.squarespace.com/luke-matt-scifi-sanctuary?format=rss
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MLSFSPod

We're gonna be covering a smorgasbord of sci-fi films, some of which will be very much on brand for the fine folks of this forum, so please do check us out. Plus, Matt and I can go off on some weird ass tangents so hopefully this should become a fun listen. Unless you're Andy, who automatically hates Matt's voice due to his background in American radio.

*basically, we recorded our first two episodes, which were meh but it was a first attempt. Then we recorded episodes 3 and 4, which went a lot better, but Matt lost the recordings. When faced with the prospect of re-recording them, we realised we just don't care about or have much to say about Firefly, so we moved on to what was gonna be our follow-up podcast: a more general sci-fi one. At least 1 and 2 were well-enough liked that people complained when we quit Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 14:50

Don't care about Firefly Matthew Castle

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 16:48

The problem was that our opinion on firefly didn't extend beyond "it is good" which doesn't make for interesting listening. We are planning to include Serenity quite early so as to satiate those people who jumped in when we were a firefly podcast.

In exciting news, James Farley followed us back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 19:13

Good luck with it boss! Not my sort of thing, but I'll be rooting for ya. Smile

I'm still ploughing through Dark Souls Boys Talk Supernatural, and I'm up to Season 7. They're funny fellas! Jeremy is definitely the 'alpha' of the two though, and I sometimes feel bad for Chris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What podcasts are you listening to?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next