We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Counting Classics on Consoles

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 9:48

After the last votes of TSmurf & Andy we have 21 games go in and thankfully they saved Uncharted 2 but the best Burnout IMO didn't get in, Bioware's best standard alone didn't get in but I reckon not a lot played it as it was a OG Xbox exclusive and DMC3 didn't either and that's the best Devil May Cry that to me means DMC isn't a classic series.

Now we move on to

Jan 2010 - Now

This week is a bit different as I say to now but as Balla said about the 3DS & Wii U is it to early to considered those games on those systems classics (also don't put forward a 3DS or Wii U game unless on another system as those systems will be done in due time). I have left open to you guys if you wish to put forward something that came out yesterday on PS4 you can but it's more for the odd game that may came out for a last gen system or PC in 2014 & is a classic.

Mass Effect 2 Y 4-0
Deadly Premonition Y 1-1
Heavy Rain Y 3-2
God of War III Y 1-3
Alan Wake Y 1-2
Red Dead Redemption Y 5-0
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Y 3-1
Halo: Reach Y 1-0
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Y 2-1
Bastion Y 4-0
Catherine Y 2-0
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Y 3-2
Batman: Arkham City Y 4-0
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX Y 5-0
Binary Domain Y 3-0
Journey Y 2-2
The Walking Dead: Season One Y 5-0
Dishonored Y 1-1
The Unfinished Swan Y 1-2
Thomas Was Alone Y 5-1
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Y 1-1
BioShock Infinite Y 3-2
The Last of Us Y 6-0
Rayman Legends Y 4-1
The Wolf Among Us: Season One Y 1-1
The Stanley Parable Y 3-0
Resogun Y 1-1
Tomb Raider (2013) Y 2-1
Child of Light Y 2-1
Transistor Y 2-1
Dark Souls Y 4-0
Dark Souls II A 3-0
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim A 1-4
Minecraft A 5-0
Portal 2 A 3-1
FTL A 2-0
South Park: The Stick of Truth A 3-0
Fez A 1-1
Jazzpunk A 1-0
VVVVVV A 3-0
Civilization V Y 4-0
Vanquish Y 3-0
Dynasty Warriors 8 A 1-0
Just Cause 2 A 1-1
Saints Row 3 A 1-1
GTA V A 4-0
PES 2016 A 2-0
Plants vs. Zombies A 3-0
Splinter Cell: Conviction N 1-1
Fallout New Vegas A 4-1
Final Fantasy XIII N 2-2
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Y 2-1
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood N 3-0
LA Noire A 3-0
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth A 2-0
To The Moon A 1-0
XCOM: Enemy Unknown A 3-0
Sleeping Dogs A 2-1
Hotline Miami Y 2-0
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons A 1-0
Shovel Knight A 5-0
Undertale A 1-0
Tales from the Borderlands Y 2-1
80 Days A 3-0
Candy Crush N 2-2
Football Manger 2015 Y 2-0

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 14 Nov 2015 - 11:26; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Andy & Final)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 13:13

Deus Ex: Human Revolution ABSTAIN (not played enough to make a real judgment on this, but if pushed, would give a NO)
Batman: Arkham City YES
Thomas Was Alone YES (an excellent experiment in narrative that lifts the slight gameplay)
Rayman Legends YES
Child of Light YES (just)
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 17:57

Mas, is Catherine THAT good? It's £3.74 on Xbox 360 at the moment (in the deals on Live) and I'm tempted, especially if you're labelling it a classic.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 17:59

Yeah its fantastic, everyone I know who's played it loved it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 9:49

Thank goodness this is the last one... *suffers from classic fatigue*

Abstains removed of course

Heavy Rain - Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope
God of War III - No
Red Dead Redemption - Yes
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Yes
Bastion - Yes
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Yes
Batman: Arkham City - Yes (although, personally, I had trouble engaging with it, I do "get" it)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - Yes
Journey - Yes
The Walking Dead: Season One - Yes
Thomas Was Alone - Yes
BioShock Infinite - Yes
The Last of Us - Yes
Rayman Legends - No (controversial)
The Stanley Parable - Yes

My additions:
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Minecraft
Portal 2
FTL
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Fez
Jazzpunk
VVVVVV (or was this in the Ninty list?)
Civilisation V
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 10:20

Thank goodness this is the last one... *suffers from classic fatigue*,

I was planning bonus week as we've got time as Ballas 3rd birthday Wii U vote doesn't start as soon as I thought it did and the rules for bonus week would be anything goes but has to be something not already put forward, so for myself I was thinking on long the lines of Halo 2, Sonic 3 + Knuckles for instance and would be the time for maybe some cult classics or a game your really really like such as Granstream Saga to get it's moment to shine but if there is fatigue I will scrap week 8 bonus.

Just let me know what you guys gnat to do on that.

Dark Souls, I yes'd this as I know it's good but the Souls-like genre just hasn't clicked with me
Dark Souls II, I abstained as I hear it's not as good as the first as Miyazaki not involved and with him involved with 3 that's surely going to be better
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Abstained as I've never played for more then 5mins on this laptop I'm using to type this but I hear it went a bit to mainstream compared to Morrowind & Oblivion.
Minecraft, I abstained but was tempted to No it as I don't get what so ever as If I wanted to build stuff with bricks I would use LEGO
Portal 2, Abstained as not played Embarrassed but hear it's better then the first that was very tempted to Yes it as the first is so good
FTL, I know of it but that's it
South Park: The Stick of Truth, I want to play it but coming out when it did I was moved on to next gen but with the sequel coming maybe we will get a remastered or something of this
Fez, I've played for a bit but not enough to have a judgment but would lean more to No from what i have
Jazzpunk, Know idea what this is
VVVVVV, Was this in the Ninty list? No idea and seeing it's possible last week let's just allow it
Civilization V, My only other Yes for your additions Jim

On Heavy Rain but it gather us the Press X for Jason Meme also it's bloody good and was sort of the starting point on the PS3 taking over for me as my main system of choice.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 12:25

Massive YES to VVVVVV. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:09

mas wrote:
Dark Souls II, I abstained as I hear it's not as good as the first as Miyazaki not involved and with him involved with 3 that's surely going to be better

While it isn't as good as the first it is still head and shoulders above lot's of games that came out the same year as it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:30

Mass Effect 2 YEAH BABY YEAH
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game YES
Batman: Arkham City YES
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX YES
Binary Domain YES
The Walking Dead: Season One YES
BioShock Infinite NO
The Last of Us YES
Tomb Raider (2013) YES
Dark Souls YES
Dark Souls II ABSTAIN FOR NOW. Hoping to start this next week, so might get a shout in for next weekend.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim NO. A technical standout, but shallower than an unloved hamster's grave.
Minecraft YES
Portal 2 YES

I'll throw these into the ring:

Vanquish
Dynasty Warriors 8
Gotta have at least one in there, and this is one of those "the most recent one is the best" series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 23:12

ZeroJones wrote:
A 'no' to Bayonetta, smurfles! Interesting... I didn't enjoy what I played of it that much, but it's got such a reputation of excellence. What's made you vote against it, if you don't mind me asking?
Well in one way it's personal in that I didn't get along with it but mainly I feel it tries too hard, the characters I find to be unbearable, the story all over the place and the combat doesn't feel like anything special.

Abstains removed.

Heavy Rain Yes
God of War III No
Red Dead Redemption Yes
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Yes
Batman: Arkham City Yes
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX Yes
Journey A BIG FAT STEAMING PILE OF NO
The Unfinished Swan No
Thomas Was Alone Yes
The Last of Us Yes
Rayman Legends Yes
Transistor No
Minecraft Yes
South Park: The Stick of Truth Yes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 8:50

@Drunka a No for Infinite imagine if this was TRP and it nows goes into the lava, you'd never hear that great soundtrack again. Find's out that it's gone in the music soundtrack week of the music community on the ark.

And Yes Tomb Raider (2013) but Uncharted 2 gets a No, yeah I get not liking Drake but they play very similar (Rise of Tomb Raider from what I've played & seen seems even more so) that Muss actually did a good post in the Uncharted thread about those game along with others, which does make a lot of sense. Also on Muss only putting out there but to win best new member award at end year votes surely.

Ohh had to abstain both of yours as not played Vanquish but was tempted to Yes as it's platinum but if I kept to that rule Korra would be a classic, also I have liked both Warriors spin-offs set in universe's I care a little more of and only due to the setting is why I've never really played.

@Smurf Do you like Bayo's genre as remember Balla putting in the last game you didn't finish saying the genre not for him but reckoned it could be the best in that genre. Do you like the genre of Bayo's?

And I could see the No for Journey from you & Andy (when he does) coming a mile away, and you know how much I love it and see it as one of the most important games in gaming in recent years that shows games are art but I did No Minecraft which some may say is also an important game with relevance and Jimbob when back doing early 90's on MK said maybe it's not a classic game but has relevance that if we were having a museum of games, there would be an art gallery in it which Journey would be instead of the actual games section.

Same goes for Unfinished Swan but a No to Transistor, that was of my Top 5 games of last year.

So far only 8 will be going in but with regulars Jay, gJones and Andy still to have a say there's a good 13 games just needing that 1 yes to get in.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 12:06

Mass Effect 2 Abstain
Deadly Premonition No. It's an oddity and a fun diversion, but it's no classic.
Heavy Rain Yes. I really enjoyed this, even if it is nothing more than an interactive TV show. Almost paved the way for stuff like The Walking Dead, at least in the mainstream.
God of War III Abstain.
Alan Wake Abstain although I played the start. Not enough to formulate an opinion though.
Red Dead Redemption Abstain (I really want to play this but can I really be bothered with another huge open world game right now? No.)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Abstain
Halo: Reach Abstain
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Abstain
Bastion Abstain
Catherine Abstain
Deus Ex: Human Revolution No. Didn't get on with this at all, despite enjoying the first one, and Invisible War.
Batman: Arkham City Yeah go on then.
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX Abstain.
Binary Domain Abstain.
Journey Abstain.
The Walking Dead: Season One Yes even though I'm playing through Episode 2 at the moment. It's beautiful stuff.
Dishonored Abstain.
The Unfinished Swan Abstain.
Thomas Was Alone Abstain.
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Abstain.
BioShock Infinite Abstain.
The Last of Us Abstain.
Rayman Legends Yes.
The Wolf Among Us: Season One Abstain.
The Stanley Parable Abstain.
Resogun Abstain.
Tomb Raider (2013) Abstain.
Child of Light Abstain.
Transistor Abstain.
Dark Souls Abstain.
Dark Souls II Abstain.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Personally, I haven't enjoyed Skyrim as much as Oblivion or the recent Fallout games. So while I admire it, I'm going to say No. It felt like a chore at times, or at least too many times.
Minecraft Abstain.
Portal 2 Abstain.
FTL Abstain.
South Park: The Stick of Truth Abstain.
Fez Abstain.
Jazzpunk Abstain.
VVVVVV Abstain.
Civilization V Abstain.
Vanquish I've not played enough of this, so it's an Abstain.
Dynasty Warriors 8 Abstain.

I'm going to put forth:

Just Cause 2 - this is probably the most fun I've had with an open-world game since Vice City. It's batshit crazy, and all the better for it.
Saints Row 3 - Same as Just Cause 2, I feel this series gets overlooked by the GTA snobs. It retains the fun from earlier GTA games (remember Kill Frenzies?) which I felt GTA IV really lacked.
GTA V - I haven't played this but it seems to be highly regarded, and surprised it's not been nominated.
PES 2016 - because it's the best footy game since PES 6.
Plants vs. Zombies - Can't recall if this went in for DS week?!?
Splinter Cell: Conviction - Chaos Theory was great but this is my favourite SC game by far. Probably my most played 360 game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 14:50

@gJones wouldn't PvZ be more of mobile game anyway and seems you've missed quite a few in my eyes classic games, good job you got a 360 again. Do you have a PS3 as well though for those PlayStation exclusive classics.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 20:44

masofdas wrote:
@gJones wouldn't PvZ be more of mobile game anyway and seems you've missed quite a few in my eyes classic games, good job you got a 360 again. Do you have a PS3 as well though for those PlayStation exclusive classics.

Nope, only played PS3 at a friend's house. Didn't see the point in owning a 360 and a PS3, but then I had a 360 from launch through to 2011 (before stuff like The Last of Us appeared). I had three of them though due to the red ring problem, but gave up on Xbox when the third one died on Christmas Eve in 2011 (and my missus had bought me Skyrim for Christmas as well!). I picked up second hand 4GB slim earlier in the year when I discovered I could still play the new PES games online on 360 against a friend. I returned to Nintendo from 2011 to 2015, discovering some Wii games I missed at the time, as well owning the Wii-U for about 18 months.

Looking to pick up a PS4 this time next year in preparation for Shenmue 3, as I'm becoming a dad again in January so have basically written off the first 6 months of 2016 as gaming is difficult with a newborn in the house.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 21:24

The remaster's and sort of games on both PSN's will be good for ya then on PS4.

I did have a PS3 since launch because of MGS4 coming but like now with my ONE & PS4, it only got turned on for the one exclusive you'd see every 6 months.

I feel ya tough I went through three 360's but did replace them all with a new 360, I did basically give up on on 360 around 2010/11 (didn't get rid though till the Wii U launch) as it seemed MS forgot about gamers that put Xbox on the map and PS3 was bringing good exclusive after good exclusive with a huge a mixture including artistic stuff which was so much different.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:24

Right.

big ol' list of games:

I'd like to put forward:

Fallout New Vegas
Final Fantasy XIII
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
LA Noire
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
To The Moon
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Sleeping Dogs
Hotline Miami
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Shovel Knight
Undertale
Tales from the Borderlands
80 Days
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 20:48

Now with gJones & Jay got 15 going in with 11 on the fringe including some of these put forward by Jay that even Zero can maybe chime in on.

Fallout New Vegas I abstained, I was tempted to No as I think Fallout 3 is rubbish that surely has to be as well
Final Fantasy XIII This I did No as if the best FF there is which is IX isn't a classic then no way this is
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Yes'd because METAL GEAR!
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood No as it's Assassins Creed
LA Noire Abstain
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Abstain
To The Moon Abstain
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Abstain
Sleeping Dogs Abstain but I keep meaning to play this *secret santa anyone*
Hotline Miami Yes'd
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Abstain but again is something I need to get around to playing
Shovel Knight Abstain this was a close to a Yes but I've not played enough of it to turn it to a Yes also not really my genre but like Dark Soul's you know if it's good or not
Undertale Abstain I see a few of you talked about this but to many games at the moment for me to go download & play
Tales from the Borderlands Yes'd a great game yet again from Telltale, shame EP6 of GoT not out as that could of made it in
80 Days Abstain I've got no idea what this is but guessing mobile or pc
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 21:08

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth YES
Shovel Knight YES
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 11:57

masofdas wrote:
Now with gJones & Jay got 15 going in with 11 on the fringe including some of these put forward by Jay that even Zero can maybe chime in on.

Fallout New Vegas I abstained, I was tempted to No as I think Fallout 3 is rubbish that surely has to be as well
80 Days Abstain I've got no idea what this is but guessing mobile or pc

Fallout 3 rubbish? You're a lunatic.

80 days is a great shout. Completely forgot about mobile games. At the wrath of others, I'll put forward Candy Crush Saga. And any iteration of the mobile/tablet Football Manager games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 14:55

I've said before on the forum in threads such as the disappointing games one, on why I think Fallout 3 is rubbish.

Mobile is a weird one but with Bonus Week happening then there is the opportunity to put forward a mobile games that you may of forgotten about.

Also I've changed my vote on Vanquish, I've not played it but after picking up PN03 again on Cube got me thinking if Vanquish is building on that and is from platinum & mikami who has made some of my favorite games ever then Vanquish surely has to be a classic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 15:40

Fallout's clearly not rubbish, but it's not my cup of tea. When I shoot a man in the head at point-blanc range I expect him to die.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 15:47

That never bothered me as it's a RPG and they work very different to a FPS, I know you can have it both ways though ala Mass Effect but not all games are as good as Mass Effect.

I just think it's rubbish in the same way you think Uncharted is rubbish but both are extremely popular and highly acclaimed, I guess we just can't like everything but I've never found anything appealing about Fallout since my 1st play on it.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 15:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 15:56

It looks and controls a lot like an FPS though. If you're going to put a shotgun in front of me, let it me point at some chuffster and squeeze the trigger, and show me the shotgun go off and the blast him in the head, I don't want some numbers to come out of him or you to tell me I missed. I want him to be dead.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 16:30

There aren't any numbers or chance to miss in Fallout though. You shoot at somebody, you hit them. Depending on their armour and level they may not die in one hit, but Mass Effect does the same.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 18:45

Hmm... i definitely remember shooting fools in the head and being disappointed. I'm inevitably gonna dip into 4 eventually, so maybe I'll have changed my tune?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Counting Classics on Consoles
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next