Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games

Go down 
+7
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
Balladeer
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
masofdas
11 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games Empty
PostSubject: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:25

Games of January

15th
Alienware Steam Machine

22nd

Life is Strange Limited Edition PS4, ONE, PC
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel PS4
Pokémon Rumble World 3DS
Resident Evil Origins Collection PS4, ONE, PC
Zombi PS4, ONE

29th
Animal Crossing amiibo: Blathers, Celeste, Kicks, Resetti
Final Fantasy Explorers 3DS
LEGO Marvel Avengers PS4, ONE, WiiU, PS3, 360, 3DS, VITA, PC
Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO PS4, ONE, PC
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel PS3, VITA
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones PS4, ONE

Happy new year peeps, the first month of the year starts of slow, then gets going with the limited edition version of one of the best games of 2015 in Life is Strange.

I have played and platinumed it but it’s so good and DONTNOD are a fairly small studio that I want to support them more than anything also the book looks cool.

Resident Evil Origins is cool for people want to see where the series started with these still gorgeous games on the GameCube which I own, that it’s not for me even with trophies in as no way I’m getting the CQC FTW trophy.

LEGO Marvel Avengers, I might get at some point on the Wii U for the collection and I do like the LEGO games.
Final Fantasy Explorers, I’m not sure about this as some of you that have played it already on your Japanese 3DS’s don’t seem to think it’s that great. It being a MonHan clone, it may be better with friends then on your own, I would like to give it a try but would want to know if others are getting it for some multiplayer.

I’ve heard good things about This War of Mine, I don’t know if The Little Ones is a new game or a console version of what came to PC in 2014 with extras. It looks interesting, not sure how it will translate to consoles, maybe someone like Jay has played and give me some more info.

Talking about giving more info, Athrun do you know much about The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel as from the trailer it looks similar to Final Fantasy Type-O and I really enjoyed that.

Some decent thing, I’m not sure if I will get anything or not knowing I’ve a got a decent backlog and lots of good stuff coming in February to save my money for.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:28

Looks like a time to be tucking into Christmas games and/or catching up with the backlog there, mas. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:39

Mas, what on earth is that thread title all about? Laughing

In regards to This War of Mine - I'm pretty sure that's the DLC and the full game combined. I don't know a lot about it besides the fact it's a survival/roguelike thing set during a war, and it's meant to be a pretty emotionally charged ride.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:49

I saw "Resetti", and that made me want an Animal Crossing spin-off where you play as the mole and trash things in a rage. Hey, it'd be better than bloody amiibo Festival.

Anyway, sod-all that month. I'll be playing Paper Jam and XCX, looks like! Might even shell out for Triforce Heroes, depending on friends.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:52

The title was what Zero sent me,

I think you'll be saying sod-all till about March Balla

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 7:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 22:47

Yup, looks like I'll be holed up with Christmas catch-ups for a bit. Until March and April to be precise, which see the release of EVERYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 6:06

Only Trails of Cold Steel, which is the latest (okay, first part of the latest) instalment in a little known but extremely beloved rpg series. By all accounts of the series if this had come out in December I'd have had a very hard time choosing between it and Xenoblade X.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyWed 23 Dec 2015 - 20:19

What your saying is it might be worth looking at then Athrun.

@Jimbob brace yourself for February
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyWed 23 Dec 2015 - 20:45

I'll be getting This War of Mine and eventually Lego Avengers (the superhero ones have become my faves and if they manage to improve it as much as Batman 2 to Lego Marvel or Lego Marvel to Batman 3 I'll be very happy)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 8:34

masofdas wrote:
What your saying is it might be worth looking at then Athrun.

Definitely!  The Trails series is basically very old-school in its approach and it has a pretty high rep in rpg circles.  You should also give Trails in the Sky FC and SC a look if Cold Steel sounds appealing, as they're the start of the series and by all accounts they're like a blast of the 90's era of RPG's, only with an insanely well built world where even NPC's have their own stories as the main story progresses.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 10:00

masofdas wrote:
The title was what Zero sent me

Full disclosure?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 13:03

I did my best with what I got,
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 16:04

Aw, bless.

For me, I might pick up a disk of Life is Strange, seeing as I've not spent a penny on that game yet and I loved it to bits.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 18:40

As with others I will be playing my backlog, but this war of mine is good on pc and therefore hopefully on console too
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 23:57

Genuinely laughing at how:

ZeroJones wrote:
'A Release Schedule Of Ice And Fire'

became "January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games". Laughing

It worked out, I suppose, as I've got a kick out of the title!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 5:28

I'll be getting Hyrule Warriors which is out in Japan in January
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 21:09

I've not put imports down for a while as I do think it's only you Shanks, maybe Athrun that cares and Fronk rarely appears.

If theres a big one like Persona 5 is out Summer in USA and not in the EU, I will add it to the list.

Also I hope you all liked the new intro tune for 2016.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptySun 27 Dec 2015 - 0:46

I'll probably pick up the Animal Crossing amiibo, the whole range so far are just so well made and that's it, January will be a good time to clear some backlog I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptyMon 28 Dec 2015 - 21:10

Rise of the Tomb Raider is now coming to PC in January instead of April, I hope it does well as it's a fantastic game but has flopped hard at retail.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptySat 16 Jan 2016 - 15:02

Next Sunday February will be going up and what a month with 6 RPGs, 5 3DS exclusives, The first big PS4 game of the year and a Kickstarter which should of came out like 2 years ago all in the same month.

Name ideas would be grand.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptySat 16 Jan 2016 - 16:08

In honour of SFV - "Fighting the February Boredom".
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptySat 16 Jan 2016 - 16:37

In honour of the amount of RPG's coming to the 3DS in February: "Playing The Role Of February's Release Schedule".

My finest hour, there. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptySat 16 Jan 2016 - 21:38

Febryu says Hadoukan I have some games?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 0:14

He responds with "SHORYUKEN!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games   January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games Empty

Back to top Go down

January may be icy so folk may want to be near a fire playing these games
Page 1 of 1