We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wha'daya So Mad About?

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
masofdas
Jimbob
Balladeer
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Wha'daya So Mad About? Empty
PostSubject: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 21:10

Look, we've all been around video games and the internet long enough to realise that the comments section on any article or review is an abhorrent mess. Any 'average' based rating system, such as IMDB reviews or User Metacritic reviews are 'Metabombed,' by fools sincerely offended by the current number which "represents" a given title.

As internet veterans, our eyes are typically firmly fixed upon the reasoned content on offer in a given article or review. Gazing into the comments for too long serves only to engender revulsion at best, and a tediously long and pointlessly frustrating "exchange of ideas" with some lowly commenter at worst.

That said, even the most resolute will inevitably have a nosy at the comments, so I figured why not ripoff Bitsocket's excellent "Metacrock of shit" feature from their podcast, and have a thread dedicated towards showcasing some stupid bile and making a guessing game out of what the user is talking about, or just generally showcasing some nonsense.

Here are some examples, can you guess the game?

[spoiler="Grum84 vis Metacritic wrote:
Grum84 vis Metacritic[/spoiler]"]Realy disapoiment , the game is full of bad game design disition. I don’t care of grafick but story line UI AND AI is just terible =( Realy they make the game for 10 old boys. (2/10)

Anon wrote:
[Game Title Title] eventually de-evolves into a crapfest of explosions, [character reference] animations popping up on screen every 10 seconds accompained with their specific loud sound effect and enemies exploding into coins and gore and weapons with so many "KEWL!" adjectives on the name that they don't even fit on the menu.
Anyone who would see something like that would think that it's like what a mom in the 90's or a panic mongerer political pundit thinks all games are like and not representative of the medium.... but no, it's an actual videogame that [Developer]put out under the name of what was once a brainy rpg series.

Enjoy your cultural vandalism."
And finally

Demonsoul via Metacritic wrote:
[Developer's] writers inspire one human emotion…VOMIT, while that may not currently be in the dictionary as an emotion, after what [Developer] has done, I am certain in will be in all dictionaries soon as an emotion you feel after playing [Game]
If you want a shooter, play Halo, but the slightly improved combat can not make up for the overwhelming boredom this game permeates. Its so Effing BORING. BORING BORING BORING. BORING. BORING BORING BORINGBORING. BORING BORING [Many more repetitions of BORING]
OMG i think I’m going to give Witcher or WoW a try.
No wonder reviews were blocked until release.
[Developer] is pure evil. Instead of focusing on all those lawsuits and **** around people who did have creative rights to this game, and respecting them and having the sense to hire such valuable resources from guys who probably did deserve something, the used the law and technicalities to milk them for all they were worth, just like they are milking fans.
F U [Developer]. F U [Developer].F U [Developer].F U [Developer, repeated many more times]....F U [Developer]. (0/10)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 21:32

Nice idea! I'm struggling with the game though.... Bioshock Infinite?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:02

My initial guess would be Duke Nukem Forever, but from the context I assume it must be something otherwise quite well regarded. Destiny?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:05

Not Destiny or Bioshock Infinite. It's a recent release and well regarded, and the top clue out of those "reviews" is probably '...what was once a brainy rpg series'
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:06

Fallout 4?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:07

Fallout 4 it is!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:10

I did think Fallout, but the adjectives and coin explosions put me off, gah.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:13

Muss wrote:
Fallout 4 it is!

Whoo-hoo! Dance Cheers, Scott Pilgrim - what do I win? Grin
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:33

Bioshock Infinite is actually a really good guess though, it definitely fits.

On the second one [Character Reference]... was actually 'Vaultboy'

Anon wrote:
Fallout 4 eventually de-evolves into a crapfest of explosions, Vaultboy animations popping up on screen every 10 seconds accompained with their specific loud sound effect and enemies exploding into coins and gore and weapons with so many "KEWL!" adjectives on the name that they don't even fit on the menu.

I should probably have used a different term instead of character reference in hindsight.

ZeroJones wrote:
Whoo-hoo!  Dance Cheers, Scott Pilgrim - what do I win?  Grin

I could offer you the rights to posting the next set of pissturd reviews, although it requires a bit more effort than other threads that follow that structure like the "whose that pokemon" thread.

So perhaps a 1up would do?

Wha'daya So Mad About? What11
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 9:42

I think it'd be nice to pass the buck to the winner, I don't think searching a game and grabbing some funny comments is much more effort that drawing, uploading & posting a Pokemon either. I may end up eating those words though Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 9:52

Muss wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Whoo-hoo!  Dance Cheers, Scott Pilgrim - what do I win?  Grin

I could offer you the rights to posting the next set of pissturd reviews, although it requires a bit more effort than other threads that follow that structure like the "whose that pokemon" thread.

So perhaps a 1up would do?

Wha'daya So Mad About? What11

1up gladly accepted! Grin I'd be happy to set up the next No reviews but it'll be tomorrow morning - and after the GNamer Forum Award write-up, natch - before I could get on it. That being the case, I leave it up to you as to what happens next.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 9:54

I'm happy to wait. The rules are there to facilitate the fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 18:37

Alrighty, over to ZeroJones once he's over event hosting fatigue Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 20:59

This is a quality thread idea, Muss. I was thinking Borderlands myself when reading your comments, but Fallout also makes sense.

*awaits Zero serving up some Metacritic bile*
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySat 23 Jan 2016 - 21:15

I did think Borderlands but I didn't think that would be RPGish enough, not to mention I don't think anyone could describe it as brainy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySat 23 Jan 2016 - 22:44

Borderlands' memetastic humour in some of its sidequests probably killed a few of my brain cells.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:04

With apologies to the Musster of Ceremonies for the delay!

Three quotes, one game, you guess!:

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:18

I'm going to open fire at Skyward Sword.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:19

I'm going to go with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:26

Crumplestiltskin takes it! Applause

The site said there were 56 negative reviews for the game but I could only read about eight of them - do you have to sign up to get access to the full horror? No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:26

Oh damn, of course it is. Duh! Mention of "sequel" should have tipped me off.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 8:35

Here we go!:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 9:57

Sand? That sounds like a hell of a... Journey
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 10:05

Which one's yours, Andy? Tongue
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 10:33

I think you may be right Jim, but the last review there is having more of a go at the PS4 then the game and if it was Journey that's FREE if you already bought it on PS3.

I don't get the second review there what so ever though as if it is Journey none of that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wha'daya So Mad About?
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: