We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast

Go down 
+3
masofdas
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast Empty
PostSubject: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 16:58

JayMoyles: Hello, hello and welcome to another installment of Admintendo. We've survived the wilds of Newcastle despite run-ins with a horrific horse and the Super Mario Bros. movie. As we've pulled through that, we're here to bring you some chat about what's been going on in the gaming world over the last few months. My admin-in-arms is sadly predisposed with shattering dreams (read: marking exams) but fortunately I'm joined by The Jaster, Treesmurf and the horseslayer himself, Drunkalilly. Welcome, gents!

The_Jaster: Alrighty!

Treesmurf: Hey hey (I'm imagining Zero as Goldust after that comment).

Drunkalilly: Hew howdy hey boyos, what it is what it is, yer boy Luke Jonathan "Buska "Drunkalilly" Lilly" James Summerhayes,  the Master Cheese, World Excite Truck Champion of the World, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm here.

JayMoyles: A prize to whoever photoshops Zerodust, thank you.

Forum Highlights

JayMoyles: Before we jump into some meet-up chat, any general forum highlights you guys would like to gush about?

Drunkalilly: I'm really enjoying these "Clerihew" poems the Balls Man just introduced, and Mas' essay on the state of second-hand game sales was invigorating.

The_Jaster: DQ Buska for including new things. That poem thread is a good yin though.

JayMoyles: I'll allow it, as the poetry thread has real promise - hopefully we'll be looking at it with fond memories come next Admintendo! Any other highlights from yourselves, Jas and Smurf?

The_Jaster: I quite enjoy reading the Wha'daya So Mad About thread but never take part in answering since it requires a bit of work.

Treesmurf: I'm happy to see how the writing/YouTube side of things is continuing to develop, there's some real great writers over on GNamer. I'll second the Wha'dya So Mad About thread and add my appreciation for 20 Questions too.

The_Jaster: Any thread that poses a question the answer will always be Rad Mobile for me.

Drunkalilly: Both the games are good fun, though I'm often hesitant to guess because I'm worried I'll have to work!

Here's hoping for more GNamer poetry to come: I want to get my haikus and sonnets on, and flex my creative muscles a bit. Haven't done much poetry for a while.

JayMoyles: The forum games are great mainstays and have generated some brilliant moments too as alluded to by Jas. Personally, I found the Breath of the Wild thread to be a highlight for myself. We'll obviously go into more detail about this when we have a chat about E3 itself, but it was a real joy to see GNamer so excited for a game with very little naysaying going on. I think that's a testament to how good the game looks!

I'm jumping the gun here so let's wind back to the meet-up, which was easily the GNamer highlight for myself over the last few months. The meet-up itself was an obvious highlight - we've all had a chance to gush about that weekend in the meet-up thread, so instead why don't we have a brief chat about something you'd like to change for the inevitable Meet-up 2.0? Personally, I'd like to have some concrete plans - not that I didn't like the spontaneity of the weekend, but I like organisation. What about yourselves, gents?

Drunkalilly:

1) I'd like to avoid another 12-hour coach journey. I'd either like to invite y'all down to visit us Southern ponces, or hop on an airplane.

2) No evil horses. That bastard haunts my dreams...

3) More organisation could be nice. Some sort of show or convention maybe, or an arcade or specific bar. To be honest, boozing and karting was bangers. I was a happy Drunka!

The_Jaster: Besides having more people there I'd agree with Jay that having it a wee bit more organised would nice, as would be not getting lost for a good half an hour.

Treesmurf: Agree with organisation, would be nice to have more chance to play some games too. It's not often I get the chance to play Nintendo games with people of a similar level of skill so it makes for some great moments.

I'll definitely need to attempt the drink driving this time as well, would make Mario Kart even more interesting. Travel permitting, we can attempt a longer meet up.

The_Jaster: Oh and let's have us actually meeting in the middle this time eh?

Treesmurf: So Manchester? Winky Face

Drunkalilly: I could live with the Manc.

JayMoyles: Nah, let's just roll with Edinburgh or Glasgow, shall we? Winky Face

Real talk though - I'm game for going further south next time.

I genuinely thought everybody was involved in drunk Mario Kart and I thought you were all just amazing at drunk karting. Ah well. The gaming itself was a laugh and WarioWare was a surprise highlight for me. More gaming is a must next time, I reckon!

Drunkalilly: Definitely. And a bigger TV!

Treesmurf: Yes Zero can bring the TV in this bag/suitcase

The_Jaster: The TV will still be in the factory box too. Winky Face

Raiding the Backlog

JayMoyles: So, much like Breath of the Wild and the overall Zelda formula, the regular "what have you been playing" section has been rejuvenated thanks an idea from the sadly absent Zero. Considering the dearth of upcoming major releases, why don't we talk about what we've not been playing and what we're planning on plucking out from our backlog to tackle over the scarce summer months? Although, I'm now abundantly aware that that two of our guests are big Monster Hunter fans and might not experience a summer games drought... Why don't you start us off, Smurf?

Treesmurf: Oooh where to start, so many games to tackle. I'm as we speak attempting to finish off Shantae on 3DS so my new game of choice for that will be much praised Kirby Planet Robobot.

On the Wii U side of things I definitely need to give Star Fox Zero a go, I was rather hyped for it near release so looking forward to seeing what the new control scheme has to offer.

In the land of Nontendo I'll have to make a proper attempt to play through Uncharted 4 and perhaps return to Fallout 4 to finally finish off the story and maybe visit Far Harbour.

The_Jaster: I don't care what anyone says Star Fox Zero is a doozy of a game. BEST. DOGFIGHTS. EVER.

Treesmurf: It seems a doozy, if Shigsy says it's underappreciated then it's underappreciated.

The_Jaster: Its only blip is a very poor gyrowing level.

Treesmurf: Plus I have Guard to play alongside it which interests me, I love those games that really take advantage of the Wii U tech

JayMoyles: Far Harbo(u)r is well worth the visit. I've bigged it up in the Fallout 4 thread and I'll continue to recommend it. Kirby Planet Robobot is a banger too - it's a great stopgap game between bigger experiences, I reckon. It's fairly short but packed with charm.

Personally, I'm planning on working my way through the three paths of Fire Emblem Fates. I'm already a good twenty hours into Birthright and loving that, although I'm wary about taking on Conquest as Andrewman has given that a slating recently. Still, it's Fire Emblem, so I'm dead excited for some strategy battling! As well as Fire Emblem, I'm planning on playing Okami HD on PS3! It's a game I've always regretted not playing as folks have described it a Zelda-like, so hopefully Okami will fill a Zelda-shaped hole in my heart whilst I wait for Breath of the Wild.

Treesmurf: Oooh you're in for a real treat with Okami, been a while since I played it but I only remember great things.

JayMoyles: I started it a couple of nights ago, actually. Promising start and it's a gorgeous looking game to boot.

So Drunka and Jas... I think I can guess one new game you'll be playing, but anything else that's going to take your fancy from your backlog?

Drunkalilly: As Jay suggested, I'm not really anticipating a particularly bothersome games drought. Monster Hunter could sustain me on its own, and I have a fair few games on the ol' pile of shame.

I'm slowly rolling through Zelda still, and after that I've got a fair few Xbox gems I want to rattle through: Gears of War 3, Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Wars and Reach, and eventually Witcher III.

Other than that, I'm pretty keen to do another of my multiple-games-in-one-day jobs: Limbo, The Stanley Parable and Banner Saga are calling to me, plus probably some obscure gem like Va11-Halla.

Then I'm dead keen for Inside and Banner Saga 2!

JayMoyles: All of Zelda, Drunka?! Razz

The Stanley Parable is a cracking little game. I'd play it through a few times yourself before looking up the more obscure paths. A rare genuinely funny videogame.

Drunkalilly: I've got the Master Sword but I've not gotten far beyond that. (This is Twilight Princess).

Treesmurf: Ah I still need to return to that too (only up to the Water Temple) - might play that alongside Star Fox.

Drunkalilly: Good game mate, good game.

The_Jaster: My Wii U backlog is pretty up to date at the minute, well when it comes to retail games, as for downloads I still want to finish Freedom Planet & Year Walk. On my BBoP I still have Batman Arkham Knight & Ratchet & Clank untouched so I'll get into those in between my monster hunting.

JayMoyles: Ratchet and Clank would be a nice little cooldown game after your hunts, I reckon Jas. I used it for unwinding after Dark Souls III and it did the job nicely there.

The_Jaster: Aye. I'm likely to be playing R&C more than AK as I just went off the Bats games after the poor Origins.

JayMoyles: Origins was a rough ride - it just felt a bit... off. Arkham Knight is a return to form but it doesn't reach the heady heights of the first two games, in my opinion.

Treesmurf: Arkham Knight  is much better but very different at the same time although I'd probably recommend devoting your time to Ratchet and Clank over that.

The_Jaster: Yeah I didn't even buy it until the hype died way down.

Drunkalilly: I absolutely bloody loved Arkham Knight, but I wouldn't say it was hugely different from its predecessors. If you were feeling Batman Fatigue (or Batigue) it won't cure it.

The_Jaster: Haha, I definitely did have Batigue.

Drunkalilly: Speaking of fatigue...

E3

JayMoyles: Right, so... E3! It was an event plagued with leaks and an odd lack of hype going into it, what with Nintendo stating they'd be showing off very little and no real buzz around what the other companies were offering. Having said that, I still ended up enjoying the event a lot! We're a little bit removed from E3 now, so it's a good time to look back on the event - what are you looking forward to? What did you think looked guff? And what's the future looking like for E3? The floor is yours, gentlemen.

The_Jaster: The games I'm most looking forward to from E3? The top of the bunch is easily Zelda: BotW, it's just finally giving me the freedom to explore that I've always wanted in a 3d Zelda but never got. The little touches of Dark Souls helps too, I'm also quite excited for Watch_Dogs 2, Battlefield 1 & Ghost Recon Wildlands. I love Ubisoft.

JayMoyles: Ubi's games looked decent - hopefully Watch Doggers will be the Assassin's Creed II to Watch_Dogs' Assassin's Creed.

Treesmurf: Up the Ubisoft! They're responsible for 2 of my 3 most anticipated games from the show, Ghost Recon and South Park. Of course Breath of the Wild was the main one for me though, I didn't feel too great about E3 going in to it, probably because of all the leaks ruining it, how I long for the days companies could show you surprise after surprise.

The_Jaster: Oh yeah I totally forgot about South Park, I even placed a pre order for that a few days ago. (I get Stick of Truth free too)

Drunkalilly: I just couldn't bring myself to feel much emotion of any kind about E3 this year. Other than Nintendo, who didn't do the whole hype train thing this year, the sorts of game I get excited about aren't at E3 any more.

I'm not saying I won't buy and thoroughly enjoy Gears 4, or Star Wars, or Mass Effect. But the games that I get excited about playing nowadays aren't big shooters and AAA titles.

I get excited about obscure or interesting or clever indie titles I hear about on podcasts. I get excited about obscure gems my friends play and beg me to try out. I get excited about oddities I stumble across on YouTube.

I like shooting the men, I like swords, I like good graphics. But that stuff is always going to be there, I don't get excited about it. I get excited about new things.

So of course, I absolutely LOVE the look of Breath of the Wild. That would have made E3 worthwhile all on its own... if I was allowing myself to watch more than the tiniest amount Smile

Thanks to Zelda and Nintendo's approach of letting the game do the talking I left E3 feeling much more positive about the show, it's amazing considering how little I know of NX yet how much I don't mind that because I've got this unbelievable adventure coming my way.

JayMoyles: It's a tough one - I think E3 at its best should be an unstoppable hype train with all the major companies firing out their biggest games, but considering a lot of companies are now doing their own thing - EA's got their own show, Bethesda do too, Nintendo have their Directs - it's not going to happen every year. An off year for E3, I feel, as last year's was pretty I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

Treesmurf: I agree E3 has definitely lost it's sparkle with the games that are being announced, too many remasters and bang bang shooties that have very little character to them, plus the whole VR just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

South Park was one of the only major surprises, something I forgot I wanted but I totally 100% undoubtedly wanted

JayMoyles: Yep, VR had me tuning out whenever it turned up on stream - not for me.

As for my thoughts I didn't pay attention to Microsoft's offerings at all as I've no desire to pick up an Xbox One, but Sony's was a little underwhelming for myself this year. It's probably because it followed last year's conference which I bloody loved. Having said that, God of War looked the business and I'm happy to see The Last Guardian with a release date.

The real winner of this year's E3 for me was Nintendo, which shocked me considering how disappointed I was hearing there'd be no NX chat this year. It was all thanks to Zelda, naturally. Breath of the Wild sold me an NX - I've watched the trailer literally a dozen times, watched all their Treehouse content and listened to that lush main theme over and over whilst surfing the Internet. It's a breath (no pun intended) of fresh air for the Zelda series, and the more I hear about the game, the more I wish I could be playing it now.

Treesmurf: I think Sony et al can learn from Nintendo's approach, a concentrated focus on the bigger releases and that hype train will be a rolling.

Drunkalilly: I think it's important to remember how big and expensive games are these days. Expecting companies to have a build to show to a deadline every single year isn't reasonable. That's why you end up with conferences like Sony had this year and last: lots of vague trailers for things coming in a matter of years, no real content for the immediate future.

The_Jaster: That was one thing that had me switching off during the conferences, the games that debuted last year but were shown again. Things like Horizon Zero Dawn. Yes, it looks ace but do we need to see it 2 years in a row?

Drunkalilly: CG trailer one year, gameplay the next is pretty standard practice, no?

The_Jaster: Didn't they do gameplay last year? Even if they didn't it still felt like a wasted slot to me.

JayMoyles: They did gameplay last year too, I think.

Treesmurf: Is it bad I've no idea what Horizon is?

Drunkalilly: The Zoids game.

Treesmurf: Nope no idea, can't be that great if it hasn't left an impression on me.

JayMoyles: It's the robot dinosaurs game with your lass with a bow and red hair.

Treesmurf: Anyway E3. Nintendo wins!

And... scene!

JayMoyles: I think that's our lot then! Thanks for joining me today, gents.

Treesmurf: Glad you could have me (eventually).

The_Jaster: That's flew in, twas fun chatting.

Drunkalilly: Is that the lot then?

JayMoyles: Unless you've more to say...?

Treesmurf: I've always got more to say but that'd be rambling

The_Jaster: Can you leave so we can talk about you behind your back?

JayMoyles: No, I'm closing this show down. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Futbol

Despite being far less culturally important than Admintendo, the gang were somewhat distracted by the Germany vs. France match at points during this session... here's our running commentary.

Treesmurf: Also 1-0 France (That's if nobody is watching).

JayMoyles: It's on in the background with the sound off, so cheers!

Drunkalilly: Oooh shit, come on Deutschland!

~

Treesmurf: 2-0

Drunkalilly: shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

The_Jaster: Buska is fuming right now.

JayMoyles: This is the darkest timeline.

Drunkalilly: for a bit there, I thought I might be in for winning first and last place.

The_Jaster: No one will beat the mighty Portugal. (rofl)

Treesmurf: Well you've done better than me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 17:51

Well, that's seriously spooky timing - just as I finish my marking, AXIV is released! Dance There's some corking chat in there, chaps; great work. Applause

If I'd been free, I would have been saying stuff like this:

I've enjoyed E3 chat, being in charge of Level-5, the Meetup In Summer Time, Balla's bangin' choonz (sorry, old chum) and the Simply The Best thread, which has brilliant potential. I never realised how divided the GNamer Forum house is on Metroid! Shocked

The Meetup was fab. The chance to eat with, drink with, and play games with lads I've been chatting Nintendo with for nearly ten years was great. Smash, Kart 8 and Runbow proved to be great party games, and I'd forgotten how aces Smooth Moves was! Nintendo need to get on a genuinely new WarioWare game, you know. More meetups must be scheduled for the future. And, yes, it could take more organisation. Embarrassed

E3 seemed lesser to me this year, largely because Nintendo reduced their presence. They're clearly still in the chrysalis stage they were in for E3 2015 but at least owned it more this time - Breath Of The Wild is going to be a real departure for Zelda games and looks stunning to boot, and Sun & Moon will be a fine way to see out 2016. I really liked the look of Ever Oasis - reminded me of Crystal Chronicles in the best way.

My game I'm not playing is Tales Of The Abyss on 3DS. I've been playing it on and off for years now - I just want to put it out of its misery. Though I really am interested in the fates of the ragtag band of dorks that is my party, it's always a slog to get through the huge swathes of text the game launches into your eyeballs ALL THE TIME. In any case, it'll be nice to clear the decks a bit before Dragon Quest VII lands. Grin

Also, KPR, Star Fox Zero and Okami are all great games in their own rights. Okami, in particular, is something really special. Hope you enjoy it, Mr. Jay!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 19:15

Let me know what you think about Va11-Halla, Drunka if you pick it up as I played it at EGX last year and it looked real good but at the moment I'm waiting for the VITA version.

I've never disagreed more about what you guys are saying about E3, Ubisoft was absolute drag only EA was worse , not counting PC as I only watched 30secs as they were talking about graphics cards.

Sony I thought was brilliantly paced, yes you could argue but theses games especially Kojima's we won't see for years but it was more of a showcase going, you've bought/buying a PS4 this is what you've got for years to come to enjoy which will also please investors which E3 is actually about.

Where Gamescom/PGW they will show more of the weird indie games, TGS they will show the games coming from the Japanese studios and PSX they will show you stuff fans want, so Sony has something different at all 4 shows.

But last year was the best E3 ever from Sony, that it's hard to top. Tressmurf talks about all these remasters I still didn't get it as there was 1 shown Skyrim and sort of 3 talked about likely as collection in Crash over 6 conferences / 7 if you count Nintendo .

Also look up Horizon Tressmurf, it was the best game shown at E3 and possibly my most anticipated game of 2017.

The VR stuff, even I found boring and as you all know I think VR is the next big thing but it doesn't demo well on stage, what sony are doing with PSVR at the moment is how it's best to show it by going around & acatully demoing it or maybe just trailers of things that aren't FFXV.

Also on the forum games, I'm the gamesmaster on both at the moment and glad people enjoyed running the company thread, maybe the ones who've not said their ideas yet will.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 19:54

mas wrote:

Also look up Horizon Tressmurf, it was the best game shown at E3 and possibly my most anticipated game of 2017.

Nah not the best at the show when BotW was there, sure it looks like it'll be great fun but as I said games that show up 2 years in a row really bug me & I feel like it's taking time from something else. Even Ghost Recon (a game I'm excited for) done that to an extent. Though that did go the CG trailer to gameplay demo route.

mas wrote:
.....which will also please investors which E3 is actually about.

...and there's the issue - It should only be about getting the gamers excited & apart from a handful of games which were mentioned it could have been much better.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 19:58

E3 is a investors event though, that's what it was set up for.

I still don't think BotW looks that good, and Horizon looks to do similar things but what could be a excellent story from the guy who penned Mass Effect (?).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:35

Thank you, gentlemen, both for touching on my poetry thread (I'm thinking of branching out into limericks soon Winky Face ) and for Zero for touching on me songs. I'm keen on "Whad'ya So Mad About?", it's just it takes too long and does too much of a number on my sanity trying to put together bits. (No comment on 20Q. Nah nah! )

Horizon was my favourite game from last E3. Zelda took the open-world stuff and did it better and smoother, it felt, with swordplay. Unless you really like the robot aesthetic, BotW > Horizon. It's not even (purely) personal bias either, looking at people's posts here and of course the E3 Game of Show thing. Very Happy And the in-thread excitement was great as well, it's been so long since the forum really banded together around a game!

E3 was definitely lesser this year as a result. Everybody was weaker than last year, I felt - Nintendo obviously exceptionally so. Would agree with the consensus(?) that, because of other companies weakening and Nintendo doing surprisingly well considering, it was Nintendo's year. As I said in-thread, natch.

Down south would be great, the souther the better. Very Happy

Okami is blinding, TotA can get stuffed. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:41

masofdas wrote:
E3 is a investors event though, that's what it was set up for

That may have been the case, but it's developed into something else. It's an event for generating hype for your average gamer now.

As for Okami, I'm a good 12 hours into it - loving it! I'm getting the hang of the fighting and bringing the world back to life is satisfying as hell.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:46

Yeah sure and your average gamer won't be like me and watch all the conference's,just hear things like how Treesmurf brought up elsewhere about Crash as the average gamer takes that as big news.

@Balla I prefer from what I've seen of Horizon in every way compared to Zelda. I'm not saying Zelda doesn't look bad at all but I'm not super excited and I can think of loads more games, I would sooner buy & play in 2017.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 0:19

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm getting the hang of the fighting and bringing the world back to life is satisfying as hell.

Bringing the first area (I want to say 'Shanshu Field'?) back to life was one of my favourite moments in the last gen. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 9:47

Shinshu. Naughty

Presume you're playing it on the PS3 Jay? The main problem with it on Wii was the terrible waggle controls in battle.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 9:57

I never actually finished Okami, will have to pick it up again soon. I'm thinking next time I don't have much to play I might do a Kamiyathon, since he's a bit of a mancrush for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:01

That would be hella of a good time playing Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101,
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:07

Exactly! We're meant to be getting a Resi 2 remake, aren't we? I'll probably wait for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:22

Yeah but who knows when that will come put also Kamiya isn't involved. Haven't you got means to play Resident Evil 2 though along with the rest as I was thinking Devil May Cry would be the issue but PC must be the way.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 12:03

masofdas wrote:
E3 is a investors event though, that's what it was set up for.

I still don't think BotW looks that good, and Horizon looks to do similar things but what could be a excellent story from the guy who penned Mass Effect (?).

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
E3 is a investors event though, that's what it was set up for

That may have been the case, but it's developed into something else. It's an event for generating hype for your average gamer now.

^ This. When it comes to the investors comment.

@mas You are literally the only person I've seen say that about BotW, also I would say the only similarities to both games are that they are adventure based as apart from that they both take very different approaches to that adventure.

One is story focused as you said & the other is more about playful exploration, I'll no doubt probably enjoy both but the latter is way more appealing to me.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I never actually finished Okami, will have to pick it up again soon. I'm thinking next time I don't have much to play I might do a Kamiyathon, since he's a bit of a mancrush for me.

I didn't finish that game either so might be up for revisiting it too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 13:46

Yeah I agree with Jay and like I said the average gamer would of been pleased I think with E3 this year as they wouldn't be watching all 6-8 conferences, they'd be going aww new Resident Evil, God of War, Crash coming back, that Zelda looks good yay

That's why Horizon is far more appealing as it has the story along with other things I really like the look of, where Zelda like you say seems to about exploration which is fine from what we've seen but isn't that appealing along with the whole stuff with the magnet and I'll be able to explore most likely in Horizon to go take down some giant robot dinosaur for parts to upgrade my bow whilst moving on with the story.

Am I buying Zelda Yes, will I enjoy it Yes but does it look as people are saying I don't think so and if you said I can only have 5 games from 2017 it be Resident Evil 7, Persona 5 which I've already got preordered, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect: Andromeda and there's a few I want to say but not sure if we will see in 2017 like Final Fantasy VII remake that Zelda would the 5th game I want from 2017 as of now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 19:21

mas wrote:
Yeah I agree with Jay and like I said the average gamer would of been pleased I think with E3 this year as they wouldn't be watching all 6-8 conferences, they'd be going aww new Resident Evil, God of War, Crash coming back, that Zelda looks good yay

Odd that you didn't when that's what I was implying in my earlier post.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 21:22

I didn't know that was what you were implying with getting the gamers excited & apart from a handful of games which were mentioned it could have been much better.

As we have likely watched E3 for years and most of us would have some exceptions but for the average gamer who sees a bit of the conferences, who talked about Crash on Facebook like Treesmurf has said, it more then likely was exciting for them and was enough for them.

Last year was the best E3 ever because of 3 games, the same could be said for this years if you care about those games shown that it is all subjective based on who you are, what you like etc

I know my meat colleague at work loved this E3 because of Quake, he watched a few trailers and that was about it and he thinks this E3 is one of the best because of that game.

Yeah for you Jas it could have been much better but for me it was fine E3 showing of plenty games I want to play and not much more could have been done to make it better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 21:55

ZeroJones wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I'm getting the hang of the fighting and bringing the world back to life is satisfying as hell.

Bringing the first area (I want to say 'Shanshu Field'?) back to life was one of my favourite moments in the last gen. Thumbs Up!

Gorgeous moment - sold that game for me, and each consequent revival of the land has been similarly glorious.

Balladeer wrote:

Presume you're playing it on the PS3 Jay?  The main problem with it on Wii was the terrible waggle controls in battle.

Yep, nabbed it on the cheap in a PS3 sale. I think losing motion controls is a bit of a trade-off - on the one hand, the combat is likely a lot less fiddly and allows for more nuanced tactics, but on the other hand trying to draw with the Celestial Brush is trickier than it should be on a joystick.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:14

For you, and everybody else who likes wonderful things.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:16

mas wrote:
Yeah for you Jas it could have been much better but for me it was fine E3 showing of plenty games I want to play and not much more could have been done to make it better.

Yeah I wasn't saying you were wrong as it's just opinions innit. (you are wrong about BotW though Razz )
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 23:26

Looked up Horizon and it does look neat, I still think I'd put Zelda ahead of it though, even though Horizon has the story it just doesn't appear to have the character that Breath of the Wild has, regardless it looks like it'll be a definite purchase if it stays true to what I've seen.

On reflection I feel I might have been a little harsh of the Sony Conference. for example, God of War isn't really my cup of tea but looks like a good next step for the series and stupidly I forgot about the new Spiderman and Days Gone, both of which look great, it's more than likely the long waits that's frustrated me about it, Nintendo and their direct's have spoiled me with their quick announcement/release turnarounds.

Reading Jay's updates of Okami has made me want to revisit it, might get the PS3 version "4 teh trophies".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 6:49

It's £5 on PSN until tomorrow, so I'd jump on it as soon as possible if you're keen on revisiting it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 10:04

Treesmurf wrote:
Looked up Horizon and it does look neat, I still think I'd put Zelda ahead of it though, even though Horizon has the story it just doesn't appear to have the character that Breath of the Wild has, regardless it looks like it'll be a definite purchase if it stays true to what I've seen.

On reflection I feel I might have been a little harsh of the Sony Conference. for example, God of War isn't really my cup of tea but looks like a good next step for the series and stupidly I forgot about the new Spiderman and Days Gone, both of which look great, it's more than likely the long waits that's frustrated me about it, Nintendo and their direct's have spoiled me with their quick announcement/release turnarounds.

Reading Jay's updates of Okami has made me want to revisit it, might get the PS3 version "4 teh trophies".

The only thing is the PS4 still has 10+ retail exclusives coming this year including Gran Tursimo Sport (I don't care myself) along with PSVR which I know you don't care about but that's Sony's big push for 2016 and I know the long waits could be a pain but it's not like were short of gamers to play this year.

I would love to have Horizon this November before it got delayed but I've going to try to play No Man's Sky, Deus Ex, FFXV, Recore, Gears 4, The Last Guardian, World of Final Fantasy, Dishonored 2, Pokemon S&M, South Park and Kingdom Hearts II.8HD before indie games, stuff that comes out of nowhere and for VR stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast   April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast Empty

Back to top Go down

April-June 2016 Quarterly Review: Admintendo XIV - A Realm Recast
Page 1 of 1