I've got 99 problems but a temporarily available simultaneous multiplayer videogame ain't one.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Magazine Chat

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Major Circuit Champion
The Cappuccino Kid

Old Magazine Chat - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Magazine Chat   Old Magazine Chat - Page 9 EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 22:57

I wonder what's happened with Switch Magazine there? I didn't bother with it - I'd heard that it was the size of a pamphlet. Surely not?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Old Magazine Chat   Old Magazine Chat - Page 9 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 6:40

Was sort of and it always read to me anything on Switch is great, like I wouldn't be shocked if they would give Caretaker at least 2/5 because its on Switch.

Same with the VITA one they did.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Old Magazine Chat   Old Magazine Chat - Page 9 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 18:47

I'm pretty sure Switch Player is still going, they usually have nice cover art at least.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Old Magazine Chat   Old Magazine Chat - Page 9 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2021 - 19:52

The main fault is that they're something like 2/3 reviews. Nobody actually refers to a magazine to find out how good or otherwise a game is: they'll go to the Internet. The edge I always felt NGamer had over online coverage is that it had quality writing, interesting features, and pure entertainment. It obviously wasn't enough of an edge (yes yes, ho ho) to guarantee its survival, but if you're just going to give reviews that outline the features of a game without eliciting even a glimmer of a smile, you may as well make a website and do so in a timely fashion.

I guess the bottom line is that I don't think Switch Player's writing is very fun to read, whereas Ninty Fresh's is. It probably also benefits from the more staggered releases: I had a pile of SPs building up on my loo that I just hadn't read.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Magazine Chat   Old Magazine Chat - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Magazine Chat
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9