Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 20:07

I don't know much about ROM but I've heard good things, so I'll check it out I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 24 Jun 2017 - 13:43

Balladeer wrote:
Ooh, what's that one like?  
Everyone starts by answering a question then the ones that got it incorrect have to fight to stay alive with various minigames, sometimes it's about not having the worst answer to a Quiplash-esque question, other times it's a rock, paper, scissors style betrayal game among others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 15:00

Sumo Digital have announced that Snake Pass is 40% off until next week. As aggravating as it can be, as pointless as the collectables are and as much as it would have benefited from better play testing pre-release, I recommend downloading it for £9.49. When it comes together, it's great fun.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 20:02

As a current owner, does it get better? The pace and controls have put me off thus far. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 28 Jun 2017 - 8:05

Oooh, apparently Hollow Knight is coming to Switch. I've been seeing this name pop up on various podcasts and stuff, and was considering playing it on Steam, so very glad to see it on my Nintendo.

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 28 Jun 2017 - 15:08

Bloody hope so or they owe me $15 for backing it
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 16:22

The_Jaster wrote:
Some Cave Story characters in a fighting game? Interesting.....of course, Nicalis won't release it over here for like another 5 years.

Seems Binding has been delayed to September here, that I think you might be right. Also, does anyone care now with UK sites selling USA retail version and it easily accessible of the eShop but then when it does come and we've already bought it and flops in Europe, then we won't get games going forward here.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 18:27

Maybe in five years time they'll include US versions of games when they're air-dropping care packages into the third-world country that is Brexit Tory Britain.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 19:24

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Some Cave Story characters in a fighting game? Interesting.....of course, Nicalis won't release it over here for like another 5 years.  

Seems Binding has been delayed to September here, that I think you might be right. Also, does anyone care now with UK sites selling USA retail version and it easily accessible of the eShop but then when it does come and we've already bought it and flops in Europe, then we won't get games going forward here.

Laughing I'm not surprised one bit by this & after it didn't appear in June like they said it would I decided I wasn't going to bother buying it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 23:06

Namco Museum is coming out on July 28th:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/bandai_namco_confirms_july_release_for_namco_museum_on_nintendo_switch

Somewhat looking forward to downloading this - it'll be good to play Pac-Man Vs, Rolling Thunder 2 and Galaga '88 again. It's a bit shite that a better variety of games isn't included though. There's no getting away from the fact that this is typical Namco Museum stuff, with the same uninspired choice of stuff that they've been reselling for years. Nobody's ever liked Sky Kid or The Tower of Druaga - bollocks to those. And I would be quite happy to never play Dig Dug ever again.

Time Crisis, Tekken, Ridge Racer, Ace Combat, Mr. Driller, Point Blank and Soul Edge are just some of the top-quality Namco franchises that are never represented on these compilations. Why's that? What the fuck are they playing at? Is there any nostalgia left for the likes of the first Galaga and the first Splatterhouse? I'd be willing to bet all your houses that, in today's gaming scene, there's much more nostalgia for stuff from the mid-to-late '90s than there is for all this '80s bobbins.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 17:29

I don't know why likes of Namco aren't playing to the 90's Nostalgia as companies are just got to look at two of today's releases Crash and Micro Machines.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 18:51

The thing is, 90s nostalgia will never financially be the powerhouse that 80s nostalgia was. That generation had such a perfect hand dealt to them, with disposable income allowing them to indulge but the slightly blurred memory that came from a pre-internet age. I've got much less spending power than the people my age 10-20 years ago had, and throughout my life whenever I've thought about a game, film or cartoon from my childhood I've only been a quick google away from the answers. If they re-released Digimon World tomorrow, it wouldn't be some half-remembered classic I was rediscovering because the truth has always been readily available to me.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 9:30

I can confirm the above - although with regards to the above above, Micro Machines was the early 90s, so I'd still say that's old enough for what I would call "actual proper nostalgia" (although I understand the new Micro Machines is a bit basic). But I think you guys are right, in that Namco, when talking about their museum of work, I suspect the people that are deciding this are a bit older than us, and that the 90s are only 5 minutes ago to them.
Cappa, you're dead right, Dig Dug* is a load of shit. However, I don't think I own the original PacMan*, and actually being able to play PacMan Vs would be a good thing indeed - it sort of felt legendary after NGC magazine. So I think I'm going to get it.

*As an Acorn Electron owner, I knew these games as The Mine and Snapper, because the early UK games development scene was embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 13:19

Drunkalilly wrote:
The thing is, 90s nostalgia will never financially be the powerhouse that 80s nostalgia was.

How would Namco know this if they've never tried? I think the fact that Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is completely sold out in my town (Aberdeen) shows that there's a definite appetite for new old (if that makes sense).

And Dig Dug is all right! It's just that it's been brought out again more times than milk. No joke, there's more Dig Dug in the world than there is actual milk.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 9:37

Crash from what I'm hearing is sold-out all over the country, seems they underestimated the hype for a 90's Classic.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 9:58

The bandwagon starts here, then! Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 19:50

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Time Crisis

I don't know about the other games you mentioned, but isn't Time Crisis knackered with new TVs not being compatible with lightguns?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:14

A straight port, sure, but Wii and Wii-esque controls can recreate lightgun classics pretty accurately.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:47

True... the issue is that the Joycons don't have a pointer on them, do they?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:51

No, but Skyward Sword's aiming was all motion controlled and that worked a treat. It'd just have to get you to centre at the start of each level, I guess.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:56

Really? There wasn't any pointer nonsense going on? I suppose SPLATOOOOOON was gyro controlled...
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 21:19

Just wondering if anyone else has picked up Mighty Gunvolt yet? Bought it this morning and really enjoying it! Will tide me over until Shovel Knight DLC
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 21:36

Yeah even though the Joy-Cons don't a pointer like Wiimote had it can be used as one as just look as World of Goo, it is something people have looked past that the Joy-Con can do what a Wiimote can do with no sensor and on the go.

What more SK DLC is coming?
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 21:58

Pretty sure king knight and battle mode coming this year!!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 1:16

EofGizmo wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else has picked up Mighty Gunvolt yet? Bought it this morning and really enjoying it! Will tide me over until Shovel Knight DLC

Not yet but I think I'm going to get that plus GoNNER.

EDIT:

I have Mighty gunvolt burst now & have cleared 2 stages, the customisation of the weapons is interesting but I don't know how deep I'll get into that as I'm yet to see any real payoff for doing it. I noticed in the controls menu that you can have skills is this just for Gunvolt or do you get them for Beck as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next