Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 17:14

I backed for Wii U and I could change for PC or Switch as part of the backer survey just sent out. Worse case if you could list the code on eBay, if you have neither sytem.

That's the risk I took and very few are like Yooka and give refunds as they don't have to and says in the T&Cs on Kickstarter that you may never see your product or your money again pretty much.

The game is due this month on PC I believe, that I wouldn't be shocked if we saw it rather soon on Switch.

I messaged a few people of games I've backed or planned or Wii U and most have comeback saying they are looking into Switch versions.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 18:43

Wasn't Bloodstained meant to be heading to Wii U? I'm assuming that's been canned, considering it was meant to be coming out in like 2018/2019.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 18:46

The reply from them was we have nothing to confirm at this time.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 21:36

The Bloodstained team had better change things up - I've got money riding on that too! Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 6:07

Likewise... I can't help with the Konami backlash if Iga won't let me!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 13:11

I've also got money on it but I easily change mine to PS4, I know it's not great and I hope they do change it to Switch but who knows.

That may also been the riskiest thing to back from a Wii U perspective as I think we all would have thought the Wii U would be dead by 2018.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 11:36

Nindies Showcase announced for the 28th, probably going to be the last opportunity for them to drop a few deets on how online and that operates.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:07

I reckon that's where Snipperclips was going to be announced as day one and not because of Nintendo Netherlands and Famitsu.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:15

Looking forward to that presentation - with a bit of luck, I might be able to watch the European one live! Dance

Also, I am now firmly of the opinion (humble, unsubtle and often wrong, natch) that the day one eShop for Switch is now better than what'll be available in actual shops. Cool Come at me/High five me, bro! [delete as appropriate]
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:22

If Zelda wasn't there, I'd be with you. GOAT and all that.

Man, once you take eshop into account the Switch has a bloody fantastic launch line-up and no mistake.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:52

Agree if Zelda wasn't a launch game then the eShop is loads better then the physical line up.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 16:54

Battle Princess Madelyn.
I love the look of this, very glad to see it headed to Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:30

GAMES WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE NINDIES SHOWCASE

Steamworld Dig 2 I know there are some big Steamworld fans here, so more Dig Dug Metroidvania should be good news.
Yooka Laylee Still looks good
Overcooked Gave this one a thread as it got big chat elsewhere and I think the Switch will be the perfect home for it.
Kingdom Loved the look of this when it was covered by Cool Ghosts, dead keen to play on Switch.
Bit-Trip Runner 3 If you're into it, I guess.
Blaster Master Zero Yeah, okay.
Flipping Death This looks really good and creative, but the crap sense of humour will probably put me off.
Graceful Explosion Machine A shooty thing. Looks forgettable.
Mr Shifty Finally, a game that captures that Nightcrawler bit at the start of X-Men 2. Looks amazing.
Pocket Rumble Looks cute, kind of Scott Pilgrimmy. Always up for a bash on a new fighter.
War Groove YAAAAASS. Was tempted to give this one a thread. If Nintendo won't make an Advance Wars, someone else has to. Dead keen.
Stardew Valley Been meaning to play this anyway, so having it on a Switch and multiplayer features, this is a must.

I've missed a few out, assume I just didn't care.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:37

Very impressed with that presentation! Looks like we will have a ton to play between big releases.

For me Pocket Rumble and Wargroove look like must buys gor me

And Stardew Valley (with co op first) and Overcooked are huge deals for the system. I know they are on other consoles but the portability makes this the perfect console for them!

EXCITING TIMES PEOPLE!!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:56

Drunkalilly wrote:
GAMES WHAT WAS SHOWN IN THE NINDIES SHOWCASE

Steamworld Dig 2 I know there are some big Steamworld fans here, so more Dig Dug Metroidvania should be good news.
Yooka Laylee Still looks good
Overcooked Gave this one a thread as it got big chat elsewhere and I think the Switch will be the perfect home for it.
Kingdom Loved the look of this when it  was covered by Cool Ghosts, dead keen to play on Switch.
Bit-Trip Runner 3 If you're into it, I guess.
Blaster Master Zero Yeah, okay.
Flipping Death This looks really good and creative, but the crap sense of humour will probably put me off.
Graceful Explosion Machine A shooty thing. Looks forgettable.
Mr Shifty Finally, a game that captures that Nightcrawler bit at the start of X-Men 2. Looks amazing.
Pocket Rumble Looks cute, kind of Scott Pilgrimmy. Always up for a bash on a new fighter.
War Groove YAAAAASS. Was tempted to give this one a thread. If Nintendo won't make an Advance Wars, someone else has to. Dead keen.
Stardew Valley Been meaning to play this anyway, so having it on a Switch and multiplayer features, this is a must.

I've missed a few out, assume I just didn't care.

Here's the video for anyone that want's to watch it.

----

Lot's of cool looking games in there, the most interesting to me were: Pocket Rumble, War groove, Mr Shifty & Steamworld Dig 2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 18:01

Pocket Rumble is the big one and seems to be a homage to the Neo Geo Pocket Colour.

Can you play spot the game on this as they're are bunch not been announced?
Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 Switch10
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 19:54

Just Yooka-Laylee out of that list, at least until the reviews come around. Nice to know some developers are using the HD Rumble feature; at the same time, I was sick of how much he kept pushing it. Yes, let's make this out to be a massive gimmick console.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:45

From mas' picture I am extremely excited about Duck game & to learn more about what NBA playgrounds is. (Pls be like NBA Jam pls)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:29

I'm super excited for Celeste on that list: it's not going to everybody's cup of tea, but I love the look of this trailer.

Game for Yooka-Laylee, Overcooked, Runner 3, Stardew Valley and War Groove too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:35

I'm surprisingly fond of old-fashioned, hard-as-nails platformers with heart. Henry Hatsworth, the DKCs, and bits of Guacamelee spring to mind. I'll be keeping an eye on that one. :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:37

That's surprising indeed, as you were one of the people I was thinking of when saying it's not going to be everybody's cup of tea!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:39

Well none of those have old aesthetics, unlike e.g. Shovel Knight. This looks a bit more 16-bit, but I'm still curious. But yes, I'm still surprised by it myself! Neutral
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:42

Celeste seems a bit Super Meat Boy to me, which means I'm wary of it... but if it reviews well and I've got nothing else on, I might be tempted to grab it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:45

The artwork in the dialogue boxes reminded me a lot of Cave Story, for some reason.

Zero: Yep, I was getting Super Meat Boy vibes from the spiked walls sections, but that only encourages me more... that is providing they nail the controls like in Meat Boy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:46

JayMoyles wrote:
The artwork in the dialogue boxes reminded me a lot of Cave Story, for some reason.

And now you've ruined it for me. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next