Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii

Go down 
+7
Jimbob
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 17:32

I think I'll get this but not immediately. I might have said this before but it looks like the exact right game you need to play with family and friends to demonstrate what the Switch is and can do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 17:43

I'm excited to bust it out with family, like you say, as well as parties and work and with friends and in the club.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 18:18

Girlfriend is going to be subjected to basically everything. We're making hazy plans for a trip to Edinburgh the week after this blighter launches: we may collect some odd stares on the train. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 19:39

Had a good go on this last night! As a night's amusement for the family, it was a good show. I can definitely foresee some brilliant sessions on this among large groups of friends, in a party atmosphere and with the alcohol flowing. That said, for a couple of gamers wanting a deep multiplayer experience, this is a far cry from even a Wii Sports. Games tend to be either too basic, or guilty of some Just Dance style vague mechanics.

As a showcase of the Joy-con and their versatility, it was brilliant. They're super accurate- as much or more as Wii Motion plus, with far less synching needed. The HD rumble really did work, particularly in the ball counting thing.

A couple of accidents: despite repeated calls from both my dad and the game to not stand too close, my mum and sister edged closer and closer during sword fighting until it ended in tears. At another point, I answered an imaginary phone with such excitement and vigour I launched my con over my shoulder and over the back of the couch behind me. The wrist straps are recommended for a reason, though they're tricky to remove.

One amusing note: the first game it loaded up was the quick draw one. My brother immediately ran upstairs and returned with some cowboy hats. We played a round, then on the second round the game said: If you have any cowboy hats, put them on while you play.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the purchase. It helped me appreciate what the Switch could do that I didn't have before, and it provided a fun night and will do again. It's slick, entertaining, and full of little Nintendo touches, avoiding feeling like shovelware. On the other hand, only time will tell if this is something people will want to play time and again of if it will get used once with each group of friends then lose its appeal. I'd categorise it more like a novelty board game or a Twister than a traditional videogame. The fact that I can just open the kick stand and slide off the 'Cons makes that make sense more than it would on a traditional home console.

Watch this space!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 20:44

Buska wrote:
A couple of accidents: despite repeated calls from both my dad and the game to not stand too close, my mum and sister edged closer and closer during sword fighting until it ended in tears. At another point, I answered an imaginary phone with such excitement and vigour I launched my con over my shoulder and over the back of the couch behind me. The wrist straps are recommended for a reason, though they're tricky to remove.

That part in bold just made me laugh so much. Laughing (Hopfully yer joy-con isn't too scuffed)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 11:39

That's good to hear. Thumbs Up! At this stage a cute fun novelty is what I'm after. Looking forward to giving it a go some time this week!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 18:33

Sorry for the DoPo (he says for about the fifth time in four days): had a first go, and this is definitely not one for introverts. All the staring into people's eyes and wiggling around. This is a top Drunka game: to be played after alcohol if possible, with a bunch of mates who have shed their inhibitions. Clubbing for gamers.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 19:49

The man ain't wrong.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 21:11

Also, who the heck decided that the utter twerps demonstrating every game were more loveable than, say, Miis? Or characters with an actual art style? It made me cringe just to look at them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 21:33

Haha! My family and I quite enjoyed their performances. I think they went with videos of players to make it feel less like a videogame and highlight the whole don't look at the screen/play it at a party thing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 21:34

Also: one of them is the spitting image of Henry Cavill, albeit skinnier.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Mar 2017 - 1:02

Picked this up today as flatmates had some guests around and I thought this would go down well. I'm probably going to ebay it in a few weeks because it's only worth a few sessions, but those sessions are good fun.

The games which were focused on the haptic feedback or user reactions went down well, the dance like a tit ones less so. Either way I appreciate the joycons even more now, clever little things those. They're certainly the most versatile controller/s to date and the more I use them the happier I am with them in any configuration. A set of two is expensive though so I wasn't so keen on playing this game with booze in case of any mishaps.

I was more keen on trying to come up with some lore for a few of the games. I decided the telephone game is set in a near future where jobs are in such short supply office workers are employed two per telephone and have to fight over who gets the call and therefore the commission.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Mar 2017 - 2:43

muss wrote:
I was more keen on trying to come up with some lore for a few of the games. I decided the telephone game is set in a near future where jobs are in such short supply office workers are employed two per telephone and have to fight over who gets the call and therefore the commission.

Or it's the Reco scene from Boiler room.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 16:33

You simply have to say ‘fair play’ to Nintendo there, developing a game that was supposedly so boring that playtesters didn’t want to finish it’s gameplay rounds, sitting on it for over a year and then saying ‘bollocks to it’ and announcing its imminent release while most folk are still in their scratchers, and with no footage or further information.

In Tears of the Kingdom, Super Bomberman R 2 and Everybody 1-2 Switch, what a oddity it is that three of the Switch’s five 2017 launch games are all getting their direct sequels more than six years later. Like, why now? Zelda would have had a multi-year development cycle clearly, but a Bomberman R sequel could have been rustled up in about an hour. I never actually played 1-2 Switch, but nobody was talking about it with Breath of the Wild-style reverence were they?

Thinking about the Switch's other launch games, do you think we can expect Skylanders Imaginators 2 and, er, Just Dance 2018 soon as well?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 18:04

Seen we're getting some pastel Joy-Cons that's something st least.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 18:38

They can easily get Ciara to rewrite this.  Winky Face

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 20:18

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I never actually played 1-2 Switch, but nobody was talking about it with Breath of the Wild-style reverence were they?

Did you not make the GNamer trip where we all played it? I must admit, the trips merge together in my brain after a while, it's been so long since we did one.

You weren't missing much. There were laugh-out-loud moments, like there would be playing any bloody game when there's alcohol involved; but for each genius 'guess how many marbles there are' minigame, I'd swear there were four or so utter stinkers. And the presentation was chuffing miserable. It's by a distance the worst Nintendo game I've played (and I've finished Yoshi's Universal Gravitation), and would be the worst Switch game if I hadn't picked up Vroom in the night sky for a laugh.

To give Nintendo their due, my biggest problem was always that it was a party game where only two people could play at any one time, and it sounds like they've fixed that. It also sounds like they've taken some inspiration from the Jackbox games, what with the mobile input methods, and the Jackbox games en masse are still some of my top party games ever. That's as much due as I'm giving them, though. Nobody wanted this.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Jun 2023 - 14:44

1-2-Switch was a tech demo at best and the only sales it got I can only assume we're from people desperate for something new with their fancy console. I am one of those mugs who bought it despite having played it twice previously and knowing it had nothing to offer so I apologise to everyone for that. Anyway I'll let you all know how it is when I eventually buy it and play it once.

Balladeer wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I never actually played 1-2 Switch, but nobody was talking about it with Breath of the Wild-style reverence were they?

Did you not make the GNamer trip where we all played it?  I must admit, the trips merge together in my brain after a while, it's been so long since we did one.
I still get flashbacks of Andy assaulting me whilst we played catwalk, if there were a referee for this kind of thing it'd be an instant disqualification.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2023 - 15:12

I still have nightmares of playing the big man in that cowboy duel game against ZeroJones and getting my arse handed to me in a major way. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2023 - 18:46

I remember you saying "It's in the bag!" but then losing at one point. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2023 - 12:24

Sounds about right. I was just leaning into the heel role, of course... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jun 2023 - 21:02

The marbles and Jay shooting himself in the foot were the only two good things about that game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii   1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

1, 2, Switch - Mad Dog McWii
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2