We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy

Go down 
+9
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy Empty
PostSubject: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 4:24

Wii Sports Boxing expanded into a big 3D Tekken-esque brawler with extendable arms. I'm going to be the fucking don at this.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:17

This looks great. I want it so much, looks like it will make great use of the magical joy cons. Colour me excited!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:24

I'm hearing this is from Platinum and I think it might of been what Project Giant Robot was.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:27

NintenDUCK wrote:
This looks great. I want it so much, looks like it will make great use of the magical joy cons. Colour me excited!
Agreedo! Very interested in this.
masofdas wrote:
I'm hearing this is from Platinum and I think it might of been what Project Giant Robot was.
Huh, weird. Hopefully a good sign though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 6:42

I'm going to be terrible at this. Whatever, I'll merrily give it a go!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 7:29

That has to be one of the worst names of all time for a game, the concept is cool though like a wacky mash up of Punch out, powerstone & wii sports boxing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 7:45

All over this. I love fighting games, and this looks like a wonderfully Nintendo fighting game.

The_Jaster wrote:
That has to be one of the worst names of all time for a game

They're just setting the groundwork for this to be a franchise. We'll have LEGS next, then HEIDS, CHINS after that, before the series ends explosively with WILLIES.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 7:54

JayMoyles wrote:
All over this. I love fighting games, and this looks like a wonderfully Nintendo fighting game.

The_Jaster wrote:

They're just setting the groundwork for this to be a franchise. We'll have LEGS next, then HEIDS, CHINS after that, before the series ends explosively with WILLIES.

WILLIES: Bawjaws edition.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 8:43

Do we reckon this is a download game? I can't imagine spending £40 on this, well up for it for about £10-15 though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 8:45

I'd be leaning towards yes at this stage, but if they announce it'll have a story mode and extra content then I'd say it'll get a boxed release.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 8:50

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Do we reckon this is a download game? I can't imagine spending £40 on this, well up for it for about £10-15 though.

$59.99 as Nintendo USA has a lot of the prices up for some games you can preorder.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:43

I reckon the final game will be similarly structured to Pokken and they'll be selling it as a legit fighter.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 10:46

JayMoyles wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:

I'm glad that somebody is returning to this, because the first attempt at making it a franchise was a bit keech:

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy 220px-Ballz
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 13:17

Thought this looked really cool, heck of a trailer. I just hope that the game is solid enough to be enjoyable in it's own right, and not simply a case of - it's fun because everyone in the room looks like a tit playing it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 19:02

JayMoyles wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:

Will suggest this post for the Appreciation Thread as soon as the 'Switch presentation chat not in the rest of the forum' embargo has lifted. Thumbs Up! Lol!

As for the game, it looks like a big heap'o'fun, though possibly a bit slight? A tech demo game, maybe, if that role hadn't been taken by 1, 2, Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 19:12

I wasn't bothered about this then the Treehouse stream sold me on it, I think this is the Switches Splatoon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 21:53

Great analogy Mas - I reckon this will do for fighting games as Splatoon did for shooters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 0:09

Yup, the stream has also sold me on this - look like great fun & motions controls arent the only option as well which is nice for folk who dont like that way of playing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 11:53

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm glad that somebody is returning to this, because the first attempt at making it a franchise was a bit keech:

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy 220px-Ballz

Oh shit - I knew it reminded me of something.
but I don't actually think this will be much cop
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 16:18

The_Jaster wrote:
Yup, the stream has also sold me on this - look like great fun & motions controls aren't the only option as well which is nice for folk who don't like that way of playing.

I saw you tweet this info and I'm even more excited now about it knowing it will have normal control scheme.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 17:47

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Yup, the stream has also sold me on this - look like great fun & motions controls aren't the only option as well which is nice for folk who don't like that way of playing.

I saw you tweet this info and I'm even more excited now about it knowing it will have normal control scheme.

I'll still be giving the motion contols a go as it doesnt seem like your movements need to be excessive for it work, if it does become tiring having the other controls to fall back on is good.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 18:17

This is great, there's so much more to it than they've initially shown yet it feels like something anyone could get in to if they're willing, really impressed, the only downside is the extra cost for 2 player.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 19:34

The treehouse viewing has got me into it big time too! Hoping for some sort of league system, i reckon the GNamer Championship would be quite tasty! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 11:47

...EofGiz has got a chuffing brilliant rank right now. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 12:42

Bloomy Scrumpler may well be ARMS persona from now on..... Imagine if this game had Create A Character?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy Empty

Back to top Go down

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: