Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy

Go down 
+9
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 14:26

Checkout Injustice 2 on what the gold standard now is.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 14:37

Injustice does have the best story mode, but that's all it has. That's like 6 hours or something, and then I'm pretty much done. I'd rather have some depth in the actual combat and game modes. Fighting games are the one genre where I'd definitely say Phil Spencer know what he's on about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 14:50

Injustice 2 has all that now from reviews I've been reading.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 14:58

Cool, I did enjoy larking about in the first so it'll be good to have a bit more depth.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 15:06

Yeah I'm looking at both games as someone who mainly plays single player and ARMS, I think I will play Arcade with every charcter then some online but not much and that be me done.

Where Injustice 2, I'll do the story mode and arcade along with getting loot boxes in the multiverse to customise my team of heroes that can battle online without me even playing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 15:14

Injustice also has the benefit of being able to pull from the history of an already established universe so to expect or want that to happen with ARMS is a bit ridiculous IMO - certain genres just don't need to rely on story as much and this is one of them, for me fighting games will always be about learning the in and outs of the mechanics and getting good with your favourite characters.

ARMS looks to have that in spades plus perhaps there's a still a few surprises left for us to see in the GP mode.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 17:13

I don't really view Arms and Injustice 2 as anything approaching mutually exclusive purchases. Arms is going to have a completely different movement system and a heap of customisation. Plus I'd wager it's going to see much more local play time because it looks more intuitive than a traditional fighting game, although I'll know more about that after the testpunch.

Also if I'm playing Injustice 2 for its story - which I would be for the most part, I'm never going to be any good at fighting games, nowhere near the patience to learn their intricacies without a local partner, and I doubt I'll know many people to fight online -  then I'm happy to just wait for its price to drop to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 18:38

I don't know what this Nontendo filth y'all are talking about is, but I'm definitely more optimistic about ARMS than I was. The character roster's looking respectable now, and it seems almost certain that we'll get more. An arcade-ish single-player... well it isn't the bold campaign I was hoping for, but then I didn't really expect that. As long as it's good fun, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 19:23

Muss wrote:
I don't really view Arms and Injustice 2 as anything approaching mutually exclusive purchases.
Yep.
Quote :
Also if I'm playing Injustice 2 for its story then I'm happy to just wait for its price to drop to be honest.
Same.
Balladeer wrote:
I don't know what this Nontendo filth y'all are talking about is
Injustice was on Wii U, that's where I played it. Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 19:25

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Wait wait.

Wait.

The Wii U had third-party software?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 19:27

It even got most of the DLC in Injustice's case!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 19:49

*raises hand*

Injustice on Wii U was a lovely game that I enjoyed very much in the early days of the machine. Thumbs Up! As for ARMS, still a big yes. I believe we're promised more player characters down the line (I have yet to see the Direct myself), so that's promising. Growing a fighting game like this from scratch is going to be tough, which is one of the reasons I'm keen on supporting it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 20:09

Well spring my backside and call me Ninjago.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 20:12

I will not do any of those things.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 20:24

I think ARMS looks great but for how I play games, I feel that I won't get much out of ARMS as from what we know of GP seems basic and the party stuff will be fun once or twice on your own. I won't play local multiplayer but will play some multiplayer online with you guys but I don't know if I'll play that much of it to be honest.

Where Injustice 2 from what I've read, I can see me get loads out of it without even playing multiplayer.

That for me if I had to pick one of these fighters, I would pick the one with more single player content.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 21:20

It's launching with more features than Street Fighter V, so that's me sold. Laughing

A standard fighting game doesn't need a story mode to sell me - it needs an arcade mode and some extra challenges, which ARMS seems to have. Plus, I'm enjoying the variety in the roster too. I think I'll be going for Hair Lass or Min-Min, undecided.

The promise of free DLC - none of your "EARN YER COINS OVER 2000 HOURS OF ONLINE OR BUY CAPCOM BUCKS TO GET THE CHARACTERS" pish here - has sealed the deal. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 21:52

I'm starting as Byte and Barq(sp?), just for the #punz.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 1:03

Story mode feels fairly pointless for a fighting to me anyway so not fussed about that. Like the other game modes though, volleyball feels like it could be a hit.

I think the real depth for me though will be figuring out the best combinations and play styles, it feels like there's quite a bit of depth to the gameplay and seeing how many different fists there are is only gonna increase that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 13:43

Hopefully the test punch can showcase some of the customization. I'm looking forward to giving everyone a go for sure
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 19:43

Not sure I can be bothered with the million-and-two different arms, but I'll definitely give all the fighters a work out!

Speaking of which, they're doing a poll on 'best fighter' currently on Nintendo Life, and Twintelle is winning. Because she's got a large bottom. The human race is rubbish.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 19:45

I'm still trying to break a Twintelle tagline. It's proving difficult. Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 20:13

'Twintelle Twintelle Little Star'?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 20:22

I can't think of any because I'm thicc sorry balla
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 May 2017 - 20:43

Balladeer wrote:
'Twintelle Twintelle Little Star'?

That was less than half an hour. No [/pastit]
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 16:20

Testpunch info: Only 7 characters will be available to try out - so this excludes Kid Cobra, Byte & Barq and Twintelle.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sat 20 May 2017 - 16:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: