We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy

Go down 
+9
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 15:29

Treesmurf wrote:
This is great, there's so much more to it than they've initially shown yet it feels like something anyone could get in to if they're willing, really impressed, the only downside is the extra cost for 2 player.

That's great, cleared up the main concern I had about it based on the Direct. Bloody Nintendo, making a new game I didn't know I wanted so badly DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 15:42

EofGizmo wrote:
Bloomy Scrumpler may well be ARMS persona from now on..... Imagine if this game had Create A Character?!?!?!?

Aw don't do this to me Eof, I'll be really disappointed! I remember when people kept theorising track creators for MK8 DLC, and then there wasn't one, and I kept thinking about how there should have been... (Still nothing in MK8D Ninty, just saying.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:36

I'm already sold, as it looks so deliriously Nintendo-y that I couldn't be anything else. Besides, I'm claiming that I sort of called it when I mentioned Punch-Out!! Switch in a Facebook Messenger conversation the night before The Presentation. Grin Go Go Gadget Purchase! Tongue

Little Mac a secret character. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:26

Each character has their own attributes and choice of fists so I'm gonna guess no to the create-a-character. If Little Mac isn't in it I'll eat my hat.

It was probably me just being bad but I will say the special flurry you can do feels very over powered, the demo guys assured me it was easy to dodge however and it was just me. Speaking of the demo guys, they were genuinely getting very competitive with each other on this, suggesting Nintendo were right about its potential to be "hardcore".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:59

Little Mac will surely need some edits to his arms first? Those biceps don't look very springy...

Also I feel that if that's the case (and I'm glad it seems to be), Nintendo need to market that side as well. ARMS had a faintly confused, Wii U-esque message to it in the trailer, if not in the Treehouse (didn't watch), where I couldn't tell if it was casual-based or core-aimed/armed.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:27

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Yup, the stream has also sold me on this - look like great fun & motions controls aren't the only option as well which is nice for folk who don't like that way of playing.

I saw you tweet this info and I'm even more excited now about it knowing it will have normal control scheme.

I'll still be giving the motion contols a go as it doesnt seem like your movements need to be excessive for it work, if it does become tiring having the other controls to fall back on is good.

It reminds me of Boxing in Wii Sports, although your Miis didn't have stretchy arms, natch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 20:21

Balladeer wrote:
Little Mac will surely need some edits to his arms first?  Those biceps don't look very springy...

Also I feel that if that's the case (and I'm glad it seems to be), Nintendo need to market that side as well.  ARMS had a faintly confused, Wii U-esque message to it in the trailer, if not in the Treehouse (didn't watch), where I couldn't tell if it was casual-based or core-aimed/armed.

I've seen Miss Rodgers on twitter saying they should copy blizzard on how they marketed Overwatch and show off each character in their own videos etc
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:34

I think I'm the only person on Earth who's actually gutted it isn't all motion controls. I was an inexplicable savant at Wii Sports Boxing and I thought I'd finally found my calling. . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think I'm the only person on Earth who's actually gutted it isn't all motion controls. I was an inexplicable savant at Wii Sports Boxing and I thought I'd finally found my calling. . .

Nintendo monitored your wii and decided this was the only way they could balance the game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:50

I don't think I'd play without motion controls, the control scheme lends really well to motion control (without being too over the top) that I can't see translating over to the traditional controls as well. Control.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 15:43

There's a feature on this in the current issue of EDGE (306, by the way - it makes me sad that EDGE survives whilst ONM sits in The Great Newsagent In The Sky... but I digress. Oh, crap! Duh! ). It's curiously lacking in detail, sadly, but does suggest that the game will be a bit more strategic than Wii Sports Boxing was (come at me, Drunka), with

Spoiler:

No word of game modes, though. Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 15:59

No news of game modes is worrying considering the game is a month away from release, perhaps they'll do a mini direct for just this soon....maybe...yes....I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 18:32

I never claimed there was anything interesting or deep about Wii Sports Boxing - I just always won for some reason!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 22:57

ZeroJones wrote:

No word of game modes, though. Meh

I'm hoping to chalk this up to EDGE being given a preview build with a simple versus mode to muck about with and hope that it's not indicative of what's to come. Please Nintendo, give it a story mode or something.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 23:04

It literally can't come out without some sort of campaign. Having a multiplayer-only game will cut into the sales painfully. And, yeah, the article's writer makes sure to mention the embargo. We'll just have to wait for another splot from the drip-feed...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 23:12

E3 is three days before the release date of ARMS. That's probably when we'll find out more. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 17:47

Everything Nintendo have done so far with the Switch has been gold so I'm hopeful this'll be good, even if it's a little under the radar currently. I can't see a first party Nintendo home console game being online only or without much more than a VS. mode.

My main concern is that there'll be commentary that's repetitive and grates the ears after minimal exposure as in Pokken. Hopefully like the latter you can turn it off or change the language if the former is the case.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 16:31

I'll personally be happy with an arcade mode and multiplayer, but I'm sure Nintendo will have a little something. It will seem bare-bones at first glance but hide surprising depth and charm.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 May 2017 - 21:07

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 23:36

Looks ace. Great characters, lots of style, a weird and mysterious lore, and a very energetic playstyle. Lots of weird and wonderful modes and game types, an arcade mode with bosses . . . yep. That's all I was after. GUARANTEED PURCHASE.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 0:58

Yup, that's convinced me now as well - love that it's basically taking the Splatoon model and applying it to a fighting game.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 1:34

I was always quietly confident this would have a decent selection of modes. Could be a day one purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 6:29

As happy as I've always been to get this on Daye The Firste. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 9:51

I do think it still lacks as a Single Player game with what looks like just a arcade mode. Multiplayer wise looks great and hopefully this service like model translates to this and their is a community around it like Splatoon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 May 2017 - 14:21

masofdas wrote:
I do think it still lacks as a Single Player game with what looks like just a arcade mode. Multiplayer wise looks great and hopefully this service like model translates to this and their is a community around it like Splatoon.

I got the impression that all those 'party modes' could be played solo if you wanted to, so not sure what else a fighting game can do tbh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy   ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARMS - Armsfulls of Joy
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: