Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet

Go down 
+9
Crumpy Andy
Muss
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 2:10

mas wrote:

Don't listen to me as I've cancelled mine because of a certain company is behind the game.

Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 Laughter
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 9:31

I'm just a man of my word.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 21:24

It's still funny that you pre-ordered it without realising. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 21:27

I totally forgot and I think Hudson when thinking about Bomberman.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2017 - 23:30

masofdas wrote:
Don't listen to me as I've cancelled mine because of a certain company is behind the game.

You know, I heard Kojima was strapped to a chair and forced to play 10,000 straight games of Bomberman '93 during the development of MGSV, I don't blame you. Kojima tweeted about it after his hundredth picture of Norman Reedus last week.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2017 - 11:25

Kojima found running around square mazes to stop a chibi bomberman quite traumatic, but worked through his feelings with one of his games.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2017 - 11:38

I have it on good authority that Death Stranding is just Kojima's take on Bomberman & when Guillermo Del Toro found out he just had to be involved seeing as Pan's Labyrinth was inspired by the very same game.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 1:15

masofdas wrote:

I've actually decided to pre order two copies of the game now
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 10:49

I can't think of a funnier line than those last ones, and I have sat here for 5 minutes trying! #TryHard #DontLetThatAwardGoToYourHeadJimbobYouFiuckingArsehole
I have also sat here thinking about the moral implications; however they should probably go in the Konami thread (I'll check there in a bit and see if this is kicking off again); however the people that have worked on Bomberman R are unlikely to be the people who are responsible for the prising of Hideo Kojima from the walls. And should Konami's games division go under, we need people to want Bomberman so it doesn't disappear again.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 17:37

Muss wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I've actually decided to pre order two copies of the game now

Can I have one
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 20:44

Don't trust him Muss, he'll burn his copy because it's made by those FOUL AND WICKED BASTARDS AT KONAMI.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 20:51

Bomberman? More like BUMberman, am I right Mas?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 20:53

Sounds like it might be more like Burning Man.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 20:41

This is the only game I've got today, thanks to either The Royal Mail making an arse of my Zelda order, a thief running off with my post, or a neighbour being a vadge and not giving my package. Anyway, Bomberman thoughts:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 21:38

The story mode is absolute gash - the boss battle devolved into me wasting my time running about in the most frustrating experience of cat and mouse I've ever played. Awful. I'm going to try a bit of the multiplayer with my mate tomorrow, but the single player stuff has properly soured me on the game.

I'm honestly tempted to go and trade this in on Sunday and recoup as much of my costs as I can - after some store credit and a trade-in of a couple of old PS3 games, it worked out around £40 in GAME, and I can get £32 for it at CEX. Think I might just do that and use the money on Fast RMX and Snipperclips. £8 for a bit of single player and a few multiplayer laughs is probably worth it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 12:38

"Absolute gash" is a bit forgiving, but you've described the rest of it well. I have no idea about those boss battles, it doesn't seem like there's any skill or technique to them, it's all about luck. The magnet boss about ten levels in just ripped the piss, and the rock one on the next zone of levels was at least as keech. It's a complete waste of time right enough. The version of Mega Bomberman that come out on the Wii U Virtual Console earlier this year has a campaign that's light years ahead of this - Super Bomberman R's story mode is just the most unexciting type of dull. You can't accept this in 2017, this isn't passable.

I'm with you Jay - I can see me punting this very soon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 13:00

Konami putting out a gash game in 2017 what a surprise.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 13:49

Gaah, sad to hear. I was hoping for better things. Still, now I know to avoid it when the time comes! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 14:08

I don't doubt that it'll be fun in multiplayer, but I don't think you can even play with friends online just now, so that's another black mark against it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 14:11

The online friends thing is a Switch issue but would have been the saving grace.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 15:51

masofdas wrote:
Konami putting out a gash game in 2017 what a surprise.

You trashing Konami in 2017? What a surprise. Winky Face

masofdas wrote:
The online friends thing is a Switch issue but would have been the saving grace.

There's what only 2 online MP games at the minute? I wouldn't say it's a Switch issue until we know more are the same.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 15:54

Sure it might not be but knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting for the App to launch to solve this.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 16:02

Perhaps it's just their way of trying to push the local MP idea of Switch but that's very risky in my book & I'm not a fan of it.

(Them handicapping online MP that is as I love local MP as well.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 19:09

Until decent friend play is added and the price drops, I'll be steering clear of this. I can see myself buying this months or years down the line and having a blast, but I'm not being taken for a ride just yet, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 22:52

Haven't experienced any Switch online issues that weren't to do with the shitty wifi in my room. Fast RMX worked like a dream online when I moved to an area with decent wifi signal.

I'm no interested in this if there's problems with its multiplayer though. Thumbs Down... Thumbs Down... Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet   Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Bomberman R - R U Having Fun Yet
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next