We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
Muss
Balladeer
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles Empty
PostSubject: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:09

Looks alright. I'd buy it if I had friends.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:53

I'd buy it if I had friends with Switches. While I was underwhelmed when it first appeared, I do think it does some clever things with the machine, but it looks like you need multiple Switches to get the full potential out of it. That tank minigame looked class!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:02

I'm sure there will be an average Mario Party's worth of fun with one Switch . . . so not that much fun, really.
I think my years of getting the most from Mario Party are behind me, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:26

Didn't understand this trailer at all; I thought Mario Party games could only be played when you're blind from alcohol?

I mean, I don't hate Mario Party games, it's just that unless I was playing it as part of a family, I can't really envision myself wanting to play it without some sort of drinking game involved.

That being said, while I'm not interested in buying it, the games bar in Nottingham will no doubt snap up a copy of this so I'll end up playing it there at some point Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 19:14

It looks like it has some nifty uses of the Switch otherwise a pass from me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 23:39

I would have loved this when I had friends living anywhere nearby to me, but unless there's online play - I doubt that there is, to be honest - then it's a no from me, dawg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 0:08

I don't really have that many friends but I'm willing to give it a chance in the hope I'll get a party or two going. Looks like they've gone back to what makes them great party games.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 11:40

Muss wrote:
That being said, while I'm not interested in buying it, the games bar in Nottingham will no doubt snap up a copy of this so I'll end up playing it there at some point Thumbs Up!

What bar is this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyMon 18 Jun 2018 - 8:00

Hmmm... the people I'm most likely to play this with are also the other people I know with a Switch, so I may consider grabbing this. However, I do also worry that, as you've said above, Mario Party would appear to work best on a TV with four inebriated people on sofas.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 13:59

It looks like it caters for sofa/inebriated play as well but the two Switches thing is pretty clever.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:50

So did anybody pick this up in the end, or is it one for the bargain bin? I get the feeling a lot of us don't really play local multiplayer. I saw it being played on Saturday at a party, though, and it does look about as fun in local as ever. Got decent reviews too.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:03

I see this being the kind of game I'd play the heck of over a normal Christmas, but as my life is pretty uncertain at the moment and I'm still living with the parents meaning it isn't a special visit I'm not rushing out to get it. I'll have by next Christmas for sure.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 20:59

I picked this up last week and me and n the missus having a blast with it. The boards are fun, the mini games are awesome and the character dice blocks adds so much!

My only worry is that unless Nintendo does dlc the amount of core content is going to get stale pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 23:08

Balladeer wrote:
So did anybody pick this up in the end, or is it one for the bargain bin?

I have no friends, so instead I'll watch some people having fun playing this together on YouTube whilst I softly weep into a tub of Ben and Jerry's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:55

Glad you're enjoying it Giz! Only four boards, right? Which is fairly stingy. All about dem minigames, natch.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 21:51

Yeah sadly only 4, one of which is actually unlock able first!
The mini games are great though! Hoping for Dlc!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 21:33

They must be planning to add more, I heard you can only play 10 mini games in the online mode which just makes it seem pointless.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 0:53

Yeah the online is utterly baseless. I don't get why they couldn't of at least added a friend only online board or something if they are that worried about people leaving the game when they are losing!

I suspect it was just an after thought though!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 25 May 2021 - 0:42

My sister is into this and I've been having the odd online Switch session with my family recently so I've gone ahead and downloaded it. I haven't played it yet but I'd be up for a go if any of my GNamer friends get involved.

Treesmurf wrote:
I heard you can only play 10 mini games in the online mode which just makes it seem pointless.

EofGizmo wrote:
Yeah the online is utterly baseless.

Good news!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptySun 30 May 2021 - 21:27

Was such a strange decision to wait so long to update it but I'm willing to bet it's had a slight upturn in sales because of it, I'd be willing to get it if it led to semi-regular online games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyMon 31 May 2021 - 9:11

I'd buy it today if I knew I'd get semi-regular online games with youse.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 21:23

I think my plans to get this have gone to the wall with today's announcement about Mario Party Superstars. We can all get on that, right?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 21:32

If everyone gets on it and plays Superstars I'd be keen for it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 20:06

Yes a strange set of decisions, they finally make Super Mario Party what it should have been at launch and then make it irrelevant shortly after, kinda feels like this was DLC that they've decided to charge more for.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 17:29

That’s my feeling about Mario Party Superstars too. The four boards of Super Mario Party felt uncharacteristically and unreasonably sparce for a new game, and the five boards from this upcoming Superstars game just feels a bit tight-arsed too. Put them together though, and I think you’ve got a total number of boards that’s much more appropriate.

I’ll likely get Mario Party Superstars for a discount at some point. It should definitely be good – Super Mario Party absolutely was – but it’s the lack of new content and my relative freshness off of playing through Mario Party 1 & 2 last year that makes me want to wait for a cheaper pre-owned copy and wait for a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles   Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Party - Super Hot Switch Consoles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next