We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 11:02

I've not really taken mine out of portable mode, except briefly plugging it into the monitor to see zelda in big. I'm sure part of that is due to the wifi in my room bring about as reliable as a ceefax page during a storm, but I think I prefer the portable configuration anyway. Might change if I get a pro pad, still getting used to the joycons but I've not had a chance to play too much.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 11:15

Balladeer wrote:
More seriously, it really is magical to be playing the latest, possibly greatest 3D Zelda on the go.  That's just amazing when you stop and think about it.  Absolutely mind-blowing.  

That feeling was what made me realise this is the console I've always wanted without ever realising it. Having all my games playable at peak performance in whatever configuration I fancy...
A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 Giphy
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 11:19

I think a large reason why it feels great in walkies is because the loading times are super swish. I remember playing a friend's original PSP, and thinking it was total shite because not only were its games low-res versions of the home console, they also came with the same sort of load times that assumed you were sitting in front of a telly playing it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 11:28

I've not really tried handheld mode yet, but I think that's because none of the games I had suit it. I'd never play a game like Zelda on the go for the very same reason that I played 20 hours on Saturday, it's not suitable for short bursts to me.

I think Mario Kart will be the true test for handheld mode to me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 11:30

Muss wrote:
I think a large reason why it feels great in walkies is because the loading times are super swish.

That's something Nintendo made a big song and dance about in the Wii and DS era and I think it's going to be key to the Switch coming across as a slick, desirable bit of kit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 12:34

Crumpy Andy wrote:
...it's not suitable for short bursts to me.

See, I play all my games like that! What's more, Zelda's 'save anywhere' thing is really grand for portable trips. If it doesn't work for you then fair enough, but I'm really happy with the concessions that have been made by BotW towards on-the-go gamers.

Also: means I still have something to play in single-player three days after the console's release. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 13:17

I think with how long it takes to get anywhere that a quick trip would just take me half way to where I want to go. Obviously this is going back to me not being able to just roam with a target - even if that target is just an interesting point in the map. But for my 20-30 min journey at least I know I'd be getting more out of a smaller experience.

It's the same reason why I rarely take my vita outside (also a part of the reason it failed), the games are too involved for commutes, but if you're at home you want to be playing on the TV (something the switch has right at least!)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 19:47

Muss wrote:

I've not really taken mine out of portable mode, except briefly plugging it into the monitor to see zelda in big. I'm sure part of that is due to the wifi in my room bring about as reliable as a ceefax page during a storm, but I think I prefer the portable configuration anyway. Might change if I get a pro pad, still getting used to the joycons but I've not had a chance to play too much.

I've been the opposite to this, I've played in handheld mode exactly 2 times one to try out SK:SoT and the other because I had to charge the joycons & still wanted to play Zelda. The screen is absolutely stunning though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 22:26

I've used handheld mode primarily for Shovel Knight and a bit of Zelda in bed, but games like Zelda feel better to me on the TV. I suppose that's the beauty of the Switch, really!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 18:06

I bought myself a joy-con charging grip yesterday purely so I didn't have to either stop playing to charge them or be in handheld mode to do the same. I also got these duo grips because I'm not a fan of the official straps.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 21:23

How did they run out of charge?! I played about 20 hours in TV mode on Sat and didn't have to charge...
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 23:02

I've only had a low battery warning once and only in the right Joy-Con (I assume because that's the one Zelda uses for motion controls) and that was only because I forgot to charge them overnight. And even then I played for another hour without charging them and it still had battery left
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 2:25

Crumpy Andy wrote:
How did they run out of charge?! I played about 20 hours in TV mode on Sat and didn't have to charge...

They didn't fully run out but I've had the warnings mainly with the left JC (this was on Sunday) as I've used that to play SK, I'm just planning ahead so I have a more convenient way to charge while in TV mode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 8:47

I don't even use the Joy-Cons, it's all about the Pro Controller which I have charged once after a long session of Zelda and this one first time using it, since then the battery bar hasn't dropped at all.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 9:58

Crumpy Andy wrote:
It's the same reason why I rarely take my vita outside (also a part of the reason it failed), the games are too involved for commutes, but if you're at home you want to be playing on the TV (something the switch has right at least!)

I play(ed) my Vita all the time on the bus Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 10:45

I always found the vita too bulky to carry around. If I was catching a long train or plane I'd consider it, but it never fitted my commute in the same way as the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 12:37

The Switch'll be perfect for my commute. Grin I've really warmed to the whole 'hybridisation' thing, I just hope other gamers do likewise. Initial signs are good, mind!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 13:37

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I always found the vita too bulky to carry around. If I was catching a long train or plane I'd consider it, but it never fitted my commute in the same way as the 3DS.

And yet compared to the size of the switch the Vita is positively tiny Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyFri 10 Mar 2017 - 22:45

masofdas wrote:
I don't even use the Joy-Cons, it's all about the Pro Controller which I have charged once after a long session of Zelda and this one first time using it, since then the battery bar hasn't dropped at all.

The Joy-cons while in the grip are fast becoming one of my favourite controllers, not too small or big & is very comfortable to hold with the only draw back for me is that there is not a lot of space between the L/R & ZL/ZR buttons.

Also bonus points for the fact you can stand it vertically making storage much easier.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:24

I've spent a bit more time with the Switch in handheld mode. I was playing Zelda in the living room whilst I half paid attention to the wrasslin' this week, and I completed a shrine or two in bed during a lazy morning. I'm really warming to the portability of the machine. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 22:16

One of my favourite things to do at the moment is to save up some shrines in my exploring and then fast travel to them and solve them during lunch breaks or public transport journeys. Also, Fast Racing is great for handheld play.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2017 - 10:45

Quick question about the pro controller, are the face buttons clicky like the joy-cons or do they feel a bit more sponge-y?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2017 - 10:54

I've got a Pro on order, will report on its quality. I do love the Joy Cons in the grips, but as its so small I find myself pushing the sticks in by accident when I'm excited. Link suddenly doing squats in the middle of a fight is a pain in my arse as much as it must be in his.
The_Jaster wrote:
Quick question about the pro controller, are the face buttons clicky like the joy-cons or do they feel a bit more sponge-y?

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2017 - 16:58

The_Jaster wrote:

I've not used the Joy-Cons part from like 10mins the first day but just had a feel of my DS4 and the Pro, the face buttons feel very familiar.

The Pro to me feels like what the Xbox One controller should be like as it has similar bumpers but I'm not catching my hands on the plastic.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2017 - 18:59

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next