We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 21:26

A score that low from Cappa is a real blaring sign, for me - yer man gave Nintendo Pocket Football Club 4/10, and that was one of the worst games I've played in the last few years. Pale In related news, Axis said on Twitter that he's seen a good chunk of Switch shovelware announced recently; this concerns me, because shelf space for Nintendo products is at a real premium at the moment. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 21:44

I'd honestly say that Aero Gauge is better than Monster Jam. Monster Jam is the Switch equivalent of the Wii U's Game Party Champions, or Sports Connection: the very worst sort of shite. Very definitely shovelware, very definitely unwelcome. Naughty
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 22:04

Shovelware is inevitable when you have a system that is selling well though, isn't it? As long as Nintendo & other devs continue with the 1 or 2 top retail releases per month for the Switch then these titles shouldn't have much of the limelight.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 22:12

Totally agree, Jas - in many ways I suppose it's a back-handed compliment for the Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2017 - 17:41

I've not seen much retail shovelware announced but a lot of indies that don't look great. How the eShop is setup at the moment, good games may get lost, this is a problem with most digital platforms but does seem the Switch is getting everything and anything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2017 - 18:58

ZeroJones wrote:
A score that low from Cappa is a real blaring sign, for me - yer man gave Nintendo Pocket Football Club 4/10, and that was one of the worst games I've played in the last few years. :pale

Only just saw this, and nearly shat myself! I really enjoyed NPFC, what was it that rubbed you the wrong way?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2017 - 22:05

masofdas wrote:
I've not seen much retail shovelware announced but a lot of indies that don't look great. How the eShop is setup at the moment, good games may get lost, this is a problem with most digital platforms but does seem the Switch is getting everything and anything.

Thankfully, I think the Switch eShop charts will push a lot of the drivel out of the public eye. Finding older gems is going to be a bit of a pain in the future, so what I'm doing to counteract that is adding anything that looks like something I might even consider picking up to my Watch List on the eShop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 16:13

Yeah that is a idea, but you look at PSN even though it has the likes of Life of a Black Tiger, it has highlighted stuff and things for you and Emily Rodgers pointed out toady you look at the PlayStation Twitter they're promoting Pyre, Undertale etc were Nintendo has Memes and stuff about Cake.

I think Nintendo has done a great job making a system which is easy to develop for and sounds like getting the game on the system is much easier but they could do more with Indies.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 18:52

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'd honestly say that Aero Gauge is better than Monster Jam. Monster Jam is the Switch equivalent of the Wii U's Game Party Champions, or Sports Connection: the very worst sort of shite. Very definitely shovelware, very definitely unwelcome. Naughty

Ah well, never mind.  Shovelware's not all bad, as mentioned above.  At least they didn't announce another shovelware driving game the day after... oh for God's sake.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 19:33

Using the word 'buggy' in your game's title is very brave, isn't it? Winky Face

And also:

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
A score that low from Cappa is a real blaring sign, for me - yer man gave Nintendo Pocket Football Club 4/10, and that was one of the worst games I've played in the last few years. :pale

Only just saw this, and nearly shat myself! I really enjoyed NPFC, what was it that rubbed you the wrong way?

Mostly how difficult it was to truly influence things, but I can very clearly recall the moment that the whole thing fell apart for me. My leading striker, a bald man with stubble whose name is consigned to the ages

DIGRESSION ALERT: Not entirely true, as I can look it up on Miiverse. He got sent off in the early stages of a season and came up to me to apologise personally. I was so shocked I put the whole thing on, yes, Miiverse.

, was clean through on goal. It was a happy moment... until the utter dork passed the ball backwards to a teammate. Needless to say, a highly grateful goalie grabbed the ball. Completely ridiculous. No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyMon 24 Jul 2017 - 10:30

Remember when the Switch was newly announced and there were hardly any eShop games? And we all said Nintendo were being very strict on quality control so the Switch looked good and wasn't filled with shovelware? This is what they were forestalling...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 18:51

Loads announced for Switch today

Resident Evil Revelations 1 HD & 2 (I was only saying about RE coming to Switch yesterday, in the retro thread) some are worried that RE: Rev 2 could be the VITA version which ran like tripe but the Switch has more POWER! then the VITA that hopefully if it is the VITA version the Switch can iron out the issues but hey it's £40 for two games at retail (RE: Rev 1 HD is on the cart with 2 being a download code).

This Is The Police - a resource management title, might be the game for Jimbob

Shinobi Rifure: Senran Kagura, you massage the girls with the motion controls of the joy-cons.

Peach Ball: Senran Kagura, Which uses HD rumble when the ball hits a body part
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 19:18

Ahh nice to see that the battery charge issue I was havinga number of weeks ago has been addressed in the latest system update.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/switch_firmware_update_3_0_1_is_live_fixes_battery_charge_indicator_issue
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 21:59

@mas: it's a tiny bit upsetting to see that Capcom's promise of making more Switch games has resulted in today's announcement that we're getting both Resident Evil Revelations games. I hope more is coming, because those Revi games felt like a bit of a consolation prize for Nintendo fans.

@Jas: saw that and thought of you. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:04

As long as we get AA7 on Switch in English, Capcom can do whatever the heck they will with the Resis. But seriously, you didn't expect the company whose first gambit was a SNES game with purple characters released at almost full price to announce something worth paying attention to for their next trick, did you?

I too thought of Jas. Know that you are ever in our Nintendo-related thoughts.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:08

Resident Evil Revelations was a certainty - it's the new Rayman 2, it'll wind up everywhere. I smell Switch ports of those first two Dead Rising games that just came out on PS4 too, because (obviously) the work's already done.

It's good to see that so much is being announced though. It was just a couple of year's ago that the Wii U was on it's arse, and Nintendo Life would go weeks without any new news. Switch and 3DS are both having a really good year in that regard.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 0:27

Zero wrote:
@Jas: saw that and thought of you. Winky Face

Balla wrote:
I too thought of Jas. Know that you are ever in our Nintendo-related thoughts.

Ahh that's why my ears were ringing to the starman theme earlier. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 16:44

it is the first time Res Rev 2 has been on a Nintendo system which is something and Res Rev 1 like Cappa says just comes to everything, with it coming sort of the same time of the PS4ONE versions.

That I feel more okay with these then Street Fighter 2 but I wouldn't be shocked more games like Res Rev, Rayman Legends, Skyrim, Payday are ported to Switch as can like the kid says the work is pretty much done and you can spin it as first time on Nintendo and hey you can Payday on the go, can you do that on 360 nah mate.

Which hopefully means we get Bioshock Collection ported to Switch.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 22:47

masofdas wrote:
This Is The Police - a resource management title, might be the game for Jimbob
I read a review of this for its original release, and the consensus was that the "decisions" are a bit arbitrary - plus, most of the choice is "how much of an arsehole do you want to be?" which I'm not keen on - I couldn't get through Papers Please.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyFri 4 Aug 2017 - 9:31

I've not read anything about it part from coming to Switch.

On the ports topic Virtuos a port house in a similar-vein to Blue Point but I would say not as good looking at both studios works and how they turned out.

Their recent stuff includes Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Heavy Rain, Batman: Return to Arkham, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Assassin's Creed : The Ezio Collection.

If it was any of those, I'd reckon it be Assassin's Creed : The Ezio Collection.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptySat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:05

Not 100 percent sure on this yet but those of you with a JPN or other region profile you might be able to stop that regions news coming into the News menu. Just go to system settings > system > news channel settings then unfollow that regions e shop channel & also the main Nintendo News channel, I done this the other day and I've had no Japanese only news messages since then.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptySat 5 Aug 2017 - 13:52

Jimbob wrote:
I read a review of this for its original release, and the consensus was that the "decisions" are a bit arbitrary - plus, most of the choice is "how much of an arsehole do you want to be?" which I'm not keen on - I couldn't get through Papers Please.

I'm guessing by arbitrary you mean, the choices you make have a mostly illusionary bearing upon the final outcome of the story, rather than, the choices you're given are themselves silly. If it's the latter, I'm out. But I'm always surprised by how significant a bugbear the former is to so many. I always play these 'choose your own adventure types' once and with a specific role in mind. My role play is subject to its own development dependant upon the story, but more important than the final destination is the ways in which in game agents react to my decisions. Provided I feel like a part of this world, and provided I'm being presented believable outcomes to certain actions, then I'm normally pretty happy because that one playthrough I did was my canon and I don't need to see the alternate outcomes.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 9:28

I don't like choice much in videogames in any case, but - yes, definitely was Muss said. If I have to play through games multiple times to see all the important #content, or even to get the 'best ending', I'm out. XCX did this well, actually: you didn't lock off any key ###content### but you could lose NPCs based on your choices, which was surprisingly gutting.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 14:33

I sort of get Balla's outlook as you spend whatever on a game, you want to get your moneys worth see everything where possible. But I know when I play something which has a heavy emphasis on story and choices I play it, normally only once as that's my choices and story.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 13:54

Balla is, as ever, utterly wrong. If interactivity is a bad thing we might as well not have narrative in games. Just read a book or watch a film. Player involvement and agency in a story is the primary thing games as a medium can do which nothing else can. It allows us to experience an alternative point of view in a way which is much more real than any passive form of entertainment.

If I play through a game, get a good experience of a decent length with a cohesive story, what does it matter to me if someone else got to see other stuff because they chose otherwise? That's why I have friends to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next