We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 22:42

Nope, but I've not had to play the Switch in that way yet.

---

I was just browsing the Switch eShop there and I hope they update the main page into separate sections (maybe by genre?) soon because as it starts to fill up with games it's going to be hard to find certain games. The charts section is a good addition though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 7 Apr 2017 - 0:04

FYI, you can sort of do that already - on the main eShop screen, press up to highlight the magnifying glass on the left, and then press right to Enter Keyword. Don't do that - instead do a Filtered Search and you can see everything that's on the eShop just now (and arrange it by popularity, price and genre). Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 7 Apr 2017 - 0:49

Ahh cheers.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 19:19

A Nintendo Direct is coming! http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/nintendo_direct_confirmed_for_12th_april_-_focused_on_splatoon_2_arms_and_more
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 19:06

A colleague has purchased a Switch and Zelda. This chap's a PC gamer primarily, hasn't bought a Nintendo machine since... at least since the Wii, anyway.

This is a Good Sign.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 19:13

Sure is, people in work have asked about it quite a bit.

It seems and I guess your work colleague will be like this, the second system (even Reggie said this) and with the handheld nature as well makes even more sense. As I remember back in the day, most people I knew had a PS1 as their home console but also a GameBoy and even now reckon lot have ps4, ONE or PC and a 3DS.

No reason the Switch can't do the same.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 21:58

A lot of my friends who are primarily PC gamers are either interested in or have already picked up a Switch. I can see why, as a lot of PS4/ONE games are on PC.

I'm looking forward to the Direct tonight - not expecting much beyond the advertised news though, but I'd like some Virtual Console chat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:05

Well every Xbox One (exclusive) game is on PC, which is great for PC gamers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:40

True, that's more or less what I was getting at there anyway. A PS4 might tempt a PC gamer with it having actual console exclusives, but I still think they'd be more likely to plump for a Switch as Nintendo games are of a different breed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 23:49

Sure are and with the PC being better it once was for things like Japanese things like a Nier Automata which was always a strong selling point of PlayStation.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2017 - 5:40

One thing that may be an annoyance for this end of the world is when the e shop updates.. like for example decided to get the Jack box pack and had to wait until 12pm to be able to get it despite the date saying the 13th (technically still was the 13th but cutting it close)

But with that direct yesterday that fate stay game looks alright if I say so myself
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2017 - 8:51

I reviewed Fate/Extella on VITA for Gintendo. It's a decent Musou game, some technical issues on the VITA which shouldn't be a problem on Switch hopefully, my only real issue was the story as it continues after a previous game or the anime and it's talking about the 5th holy grail war etc and I'm like what you going on about.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2017 - 11:05

Ahh that'll be a pain as haven't played any Fate games and I'm way behind in the anime
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2017 - 11:37

Same when I've played things like Senran Kagura and even Tour de France to some degree, if you're a fan anyway know what's going then you'll love these games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 11:49

I'd completely forgotten about this, but apparently I actually got around to giving Switch Player some money. So Issue 2 (not sure what happened to Issue 1) dropped onto my doormat today, the first print journalism I've actually wanted to read in ages. I stuck it on top of the loo to read later.

Initial thoughts are that they mark too many games as 'good' (3.0-3.9/5). I suppose it's not too bad if you think of it as 60-79%, but Just Dance getting in the high 70s makes me raise an eyebrow. And there doesn't seem to be any humour on the level of NGamer or latter-day ONM, which I'm unsurprised but saddened by.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 12:26

From the sister Magazine VITA Lounge which has now been discontinued, it seemed to be lots of people reviewing stuff and because it's a VITA game let's give it a good score.

Without reading Switch Player, I reckon that will be the same deal.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 19:34

It's more because it's a collaborative effort from a lot of freelancers etc so it's never going to get close to that normal magazine feel never mind the sense of community that NGamer gave us.

I wasn't a fan of the first issue at all.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 20:20

If I saw this on the shelf in a newsagent I'm sure I'd give it a go, but I'm not going to go through the fuss of ordering. I think Jas has pretty much nailed it for me. The two big advantages of games mags over online content were convenience, and knowing that there was a whole community reading the same stuff. Now that I constantly have a phone or tablet to hand, magazines aren't that handy so without the community aspect I'm not fussed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 20:25

I think the VITA lounge did get a bit of community though. I can't see why Switch Player can't do the same but it depends on if you want to put the time and money into it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 9:34

Myself a page or two back wrote:
I haven't played the Switch a whole lot in that mode (handheld) but when I have it often felt like I needed to stretch my right thumb to use the right stick

Now that I have a few more Switch games other than BotW & SK: SoT I'm thinking this may have been a BotW issue or any game that uses the right stick for camera control. As after a go of GEM without those joycon gel guards handheld mode felt pretty comfortable. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 18:52

Maybe it's just my flexi-fingers from all of my music-playing, but I've not had any problems with the layout in BotW (that being the only Switch game I've properly played if we're honest). But I'm glad it's improved for you in other games. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 19:37

I've also been fine, but I have tiny little hands.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyMon 24 Apr 2017 - 7:33

Balladeer wrote:
Maybe it's just my flexi-fingers from all of my music-playing, but I've not had any problems with the layout in BotW (that being the only Switch game I've properly played if we're honest).  But I'm glad it's improved for you in other games. Smile

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've also been fine, but I have tiny little hands.

It's a very minor issue especially since I rarely wish to play BotW in handheld mode.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 0:12

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is downloading! It's gonna take more than an hour, though, so I'm going to bed.
I also bought Kamiko so I've got about £37 left on my Switch. I'm currently thinking Graceful Explosion Machine and one of either Snipperclips or Jackbox Party. I'll probably wait until the meet, and play Jay's copy of Jackbox. No point buying Snippers until I'm sure I've got a co-op partner lined up.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 9:08

Drunkalilly wrote:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is downloading! It's gonna take more than an hour, though, so I'm going to bed.
I also bought Kamiko so I've got about £37 left on my Switch. I'm currently thinking Graceful Explosion Machine and one of either Snipperclips or Jackbox Party. I'll probably wait until the meet, and play Jay's copy of Jackbox. No point buying Snippers until I'm sure I've got a co-op partner lined up.

Everytime its launch day for a game i wish i would go digital! But i just cant get over having it all neatly on my shelf!

Any of the jackbox party games are great for partys ironically enough (the only video game that gets played whenever non gamers visit us here!) and Snipper Clips is the best Co Op on the console for sure! BUT if you aren't going to play local multiplayer that much perhaps it might be best to hold off till some more lovely nindies arrive? Pocket Rumble and Flipping Death for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next