We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017 - 19:23

Balla wrote:
Whereas with Soulsborne I'd find it a hindrance - except Jas has been CAPSLOCKED by his love of Soulsborne so we won't get anything out of him until he's had five cold showers and a beard deep-clean.   Razz

So, would it make you feel better if I told you that I get the same feelings from BotW that I did from the souls games? Razz

Both games clearly have their set stories but both also give an immense amount of freedom in how you uncover that story, most of the time though it's the parts in between all of that I find I enjoy the most because as Jay said they allow me to shape my own journey and thus make it feel unique to me.

Love  Love  Love  Love  Love  Love  Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love   I LOVE DEM VIDEOSGAMES. Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

What was the question again? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017 - 19:26

Something about beards?

The_Jaster wrote:
So, would it make you feel better if I told you that I get the same feelings from BotW that I did from the souls games? Razz

It'd make me feel slightly dirty every time I fired up BotW. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017 - 19:35

Can't tell if serious or playing up for the camera...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017 - 19:40

Strangely the freedom on how you uncover the story in BotW is something I like dislike about the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 22:51

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I had a really similar experience with the ending of Life is Strange, so I'll jump in with my thoughts here.

I get what you're saying, sir - but that's LiS, a game that even I know is all about the stories and the choices.  Even I'd want my choices to matter in that!  (Which is why I'm not playing it. Tongue )  Whereas with Soulsborne I'd find it a hindrance - except Jas has been CAPSLOCKED by his love of Soulsborne so we won't get anything out of him until he's had five cold showers and a beard deep-clean. Razz

I was using it more as an immediate example of the importance of choice and agency in video-games - BotW, the Mass Effect games and yes, the Soulsborne games would have all sufficed in my example. As Jas said "they allow me to shape my own journey and thus make it feel unique to me." That's my two cents on it. I've no qualms with anybody who likes a more linear experience!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 23:19

I just realised that apart from BotW all the current Switch games have a big multiplayer focus to them whether that's locally or online, don't get me wrong they have been really fun games but I really want that next big single player only game to come out & have me hooked on nothing but that for a month or 2.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 23:42

That sounds like Super Mario Odyssey to me. Love
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 23:47

Yeah Bounce & even though it isn't October seems like a long way off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 14:04

What about one of these 14 games coming in September
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptySat 19 Aug 2017 - 20:28

Nah, the only one I have a slight interest in there is FIFA 18 but I'd want to play a demo of that before making up my mind up & even then that's hardly a single player only game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 10:07

Most of the 14 games aren't or they're something like Rayman Legends which most of us have played.

I wasn't on the Podcast where the plan as to talk about Switch 6 months in but I said in this thread before that I love the hardware but unlike someone like Drunka who I know loves the Switch has put in 100+ hrs on Zelda, MK8 and Splat 2 sure make it a great system but that's not my gaming habits to play that much multiplayer or 100% a game.

I'm much more do the story and done, sure they're games on Switch that I can do that like a I Am Setsuna but like you say their isn't that big single player game but we've got Mario + Rabbids to come which will focus more on Single Player and even MHXX will be something I will play on and off single player and multi player but I think it is wait for Super Mario Odyssey to really fill the void.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 14:31

The_Jaster wrote:
I just realised that apart from BotW all the current Switch games have a big multiplayer focus to them whether that's locally or online, don't get me wrong they have been really fun games but I really want that next big single player only game to come out & have me hooked on nothing but that for a month or 2.

You're not wrong, Jas. Much though I laud the Switch as a party console, I reckon it's got some way to go on the single-player front. I reckon the 3DS might have more big single-player games this year than the Switch! I felt this way about the Wii U, actually: shortage of big bombastic single-player adventures (and, y'know, most other types of game).

That said, the Switch has BotW, SMO, and Xenoblade 2 (while not your sort of thing, you can't deny it fits the description) in its first year. You can deny the quantity, but not the quality!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 1:07

Mas wrote:
I wasn't on the Podcast where the plan as to talk about Switch 6 months in but I said in this thread before that I love the hardware but unlike someone like Drunka who I know loves the Switch has put in 100+ hrs on Zelda, MK8 and Splat 2 sure make it a great system but that's not my gaming habits to play that much multiplayer or 100% a game.

Oh I've put a fair amount of hours into these games as well so I clearly like them & the system.  

Balladeer wrote:
That said, the Switch has BotW, SMO, and Xenoblade 2 (while not your sort of thing, you can't deny it fits the description) in its first year. You can deny the quantity, but not the quality!

Indeed I cannot. I'm just looking to break my current gaming habits a wee bit as even on ps4 I'm more into the MP stuff these days so I have a lot vying for my attention but sadly none of them are single player focused.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 15:30

No doubt their good games but not my sort of thing that I'd put loads of hours into.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 17:44

The end is nigh as EA is bringing a game to Switch that isn't FIFA, where getting Fe which looks like a 3D Ori and part of the indies that indies sort of games but I do think it suits the Switch.

Also, Fire Emblem Warriors is coming October 20th, 7 days before Mario. Why Nintendo, why do you do this all the time with releases, spread them out urghh
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 19:01

Fe and FE, eh mas? Winky Face On a serious note, Fe looks right up my street as well as making me better disposed towards EA (will it sell more copies than FIFA 18? Who can tell for sure?). In other news I watched the new FEW trailer and, well... shouldn't a warrior want to protect their chest better? Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 21:42

masofdas wrote:
that's not my gaming habits to play ... a game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 21:52

I've finished over 20 games this year 😜
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 7:37

Have you truly enjoyed and had fun with them though? Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 9:44

The_Jaster wrote:
Have you truly enjoyed and had fun with them though? Razz

I don't know if you can have either of those with Depression Quest.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 19:03

Just got back from the in-laws. We took the Switch so that my nephews could play a bit of MK8D (and Sonic Mania and Rayman Legends DE demo, as it happened!). There are now five user profiles on the Switch, which is three more than my Wii U ever had. Dance
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 19:56

There's two on my Switch: me and Japanese me.
That said, I also had some kids on my Switch yesterday. My mum was babysitting some of her friend's children and I kept them entertained with Mario Kart and ARMS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 20:22

I've got 3,

one for each region because of possible deals, games releasing at different times etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 20:33

My Switch has myself and Pandaface. The Wii was my last machine with more than one profile: it had my whole family. Meh
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 18:18

Had this thought a few days ago. As we know, Joy-Cons can slide into the main unit of the Switch so that you can take it out of your home. Do we think other such controllers are planned? I had the quick idea of a Joy-Con-esque controller with a D-pad instead of the four buttons. If this is to be a thing, what would y'all like to see, if anything?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next