We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 9:37

Grumpy Gus that I am, I ask... when are the Rime and Yooka Laylee ports coming?

BUt out of that list, Mario Odyssey obvs., almost definitely Splatoon 2, keeping a hopeful eye on FIFA 18, maybe Mario Rabbids and Rocket League... and dare I buy Skyrim again? My 360's not plugged in any more...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 12:33

Gus cat isn't grumpy - if we're going for a gradjective, 'greedy' would be better.

DIGRESSION ALERT: Not making a deep or political point here - just genuinely talking about my youngest cat. Thumbs Up! We could all benefit from knowing when Rime and Yooka-Laylee are due.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 15:01

Rime is Q3 (July-Sep) and Yooka-Laylee no idea plus that list is missing loads like LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, which I'm more tempted about then Worlds but got a feeling worlds might be £20-30 with all the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 5:54

From the list:

Would have to get a 6/10 or lower from every publication on the Internet before I didn't buy: SMO, XC2
Almost certainly buying: Ever Oasis, Metroid SR, Mario + Rabbids
Probably buying: Spla2n, Rocket League, Skyrim
Interested: Miitopia, Arzest's Pikmin by Arzest, Mario & Luigi
I don't know, you fellows keep changing my mind on it: ARMS
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 9:26

Have literally bought ARMS
There is no version of reality where I won't buy Super Mario Odyssey, Spla2n and Rocket League
Unless they turn out to be proper terrible, I'll buy Xenoblade, Pikmin, Metroid, Mario+ Rabbids
I don't know yet, but I expect I'll buy out of habit FIFA, Skyrim
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 17:26

I'll wind up getting a few of those I'm sure, but right now it's just Sonic Mania, Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey that I'll definitely get pronto. I think I'll get FIFA 18 and Sonic Forces on PS4.

On a side note, I thought that diagram looked mince when I saw it on Twitter the other day. Big, blank spaces in the release schedule when it's known that stuff like the aforementioned Yooka-Laylee and RIME are out soon enough, as well as other stuff that's been ignored, like Steamworld Dig 2. It's not all that flattering.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:20

Seth Rollins has a message for you, GNamer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:40

While it's good to see 2K will be putting their big sports (shhhh wrestling is a sport) hitters on Switch the WWE 2K games have never been good & I can only imagine that the Switch version will be a weird abomination when compared to ps4/XO.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 18:46

The sheer fact that it's even coming to Switch makes me somewhat interested in picking it up. I'll see if it looks halfway decent first, mind.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 19:44

JayMoyles wrote:

Who he ed? Besides a wrestler, natch.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 21:58

Agreeing with Jay and Jaster there. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, and how many folk pick it up. I find it amazing that the folk who develop the WWE 2K games grew up on stuff like No Mercy and Here Comes The Pain, but don't use those as their inspiration. In it's current guise, WWE 2K is far too serious and stuffy to be any fun.

Your console has to be completely bollocks for there not to be a WWE game on it. The GameCube got four exclusive ones (two shite, two good), and the Wii got those really unorthadox versions of SmackDown Vs. Raw for a few years, the ones that were sold on the back of being able do the motion for the old DX chop with the controllers. Even the DS had the one that played more like Elite Beat Agents. Wii U sucked big boabby so it didn't get any.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 22:42

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Who he ed?  Besides a wrestler, natch.

He's a wrestler, natch. One of the bigger names going in WWE right now.

Cappa: Aye, I do wish they'd move away from the sim side of things, but I think they're embracing it with a Football Manager style Raw vs Smackdown GM mode this time round.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:54

As you may have seen on twitter I've been having a weird charging issue with my Switch where it appears to be charging but the percent number doesn't go up & I've not been able to figure out the cause of it. If I had to guess it's either my battery or the AC adapter being faulty, I hope it's just the latter as that's easily replaced.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 9:54

Ouch, Jas. Fingers crossed that's soon sorted. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 10:37

I'm assuming you've tried the obvious things, like switching it all the way off and on again?
Also, did you buy a Pro controller? The cable for that is a USB C, so it doubles as a spare wire for your Switch.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 11:01

The_Jaster wrote:
As you may have seen on twitter I've been having a weird charging issue with my Switch where it appears to be charging but the percent number doesn't go up & I've not been able to figure out the cause of it. If I had to guess it's either my battery or the AC adapter being faulty, I hope it's just the latter as that's easily replaced.  

I might be having a similar issue but I'm not sure, a few times I've left my Switch in the dock while it's turned off, then I take it out of the dock and leave it in it's case for an hour or 2 before playing it only to find the battery at about 60-70%, I'm not sure if it's just not charging fully, draining the battery despite being powered off or just not displaying the correct battery % and it doesnt seem to happen consistently enough for me to figure out what's causing it
Also it might be happening when I leave it charging in sleep mode as well because I've noticed the battery sometimes seems to drain a lot faster than it should but those times I usually didn't check the battery % before starting the game so it's possible that it was already low

How often do you play your Switch? I think I've noticed it happen more when I haven't played my Switch for a couple of days but I haven't been paying enough attention to know for sure
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 11:13

JayMoyles wrote:

I said this was coming weeks ago in either the NBA or FIFA thread, that if we are looking at sports games on Switch then 2K are showing EA how it is done by giving us the same as the other consoles in terms of #content, sure the Switch version performance will be worse then playing it on my PS4 Pro but all the #content and being able to play it on the go with 2 controllers out of the box is great.

Just a shame that the 2K games are very sim-like and I don't like them at all but manager like mode does sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 13:50

I've never been a big fan of the 2K WWE games, for similar reasons to everyone else. They take something I enjoy for the silliness, flamboyance and unreality then try to male it realistic. That said, I enjoy having one to lark around on and like FIFA, I'd rather have said game on the Switch for the foreseeable.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 13:52

ZeroJones wrote:
Ouch, Jas. Fingers crossed that's soon sorted. Thumbs Up!

Aye, today I'm just going to play it in handheld mode and run the battery completely down then see if it charges properly via the dock, my brother also has a switch so I can take it down to his and confirm if it is the adapter or not.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm assuming you've tried the obvious things, like switching it all the way off and on again?
Also, did you buy a Pro controller? The cable for that is a USB C, so it doubles as a spare wire for your Switch.

Aye I checked out the Nintendo support page & there was a whole thing about removing the ac adapter and HDMI but it didn't seem to change anything. I do have a pro controller and actually have 2 of those USB C cables but how would I get the console to charge from that?

Gwyn400 wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I might be having a similar issue but I'm not sure, a few times I've left my Switch in the dock while it's turned off, then I take it out of the dock and leave it in it's case for an hour or 2 before playing it only to find the battery at about 60-70%, I'm not sure if it's just not charging fully, draining the battery despite being powered off or just not displaying the correct battery % and it doesnt seem to happen consistently enough for me to figure out what's causing it  
Also it might be happening when I leave it charging in sleep mode as well because I've noticed the battery sometimes seems to drain a lot faster than it should but those times I usually didn't check the battery % before starting the game so it's possible that it was already low

How often do you play your Switch? I think I've noticed it happen more when I haven't played my Switch for a couple of days but I haven't been paying enough attention to know for sure

I know the battery can drain even when the system is off and you haven't played it for a few days but I had been playing it regularly these last couple days, to make it even more weird I tried charging direct from the AC adapter and after a few hours it didn't move from 77% but when I removed the adapter it changed instantly to 100%
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 13:56

The port at the bottom of the Switch is a USB C, just plug it into that and into a computer or a wall socket adaptor or whatever you've got.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Jul 2017 - 15:38

Ahh I guess that would just be a temp solution for playing in handheld mode.

EDIT: So, I drained the battery today to about 5% then when I was visiting my brother I turned on my switch and it said it was at 47% Eh? so I used his charger for an hour or so and it got to 100% no problem. I am thinking it might just be some sort of visual bug of not displaying the correct percent number.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyWed 12 Jul 2017 - 20:36

How bizarre. Hope it holds up Jas, the last thing the Switch needs is another technical hitch!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyWed 12 Jul 2017 - 21:15

Yeah it seems all good now thankfully, just didn't want to have to send it in for repair with Splatoon 2 so close.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 19:06

Monster Jam: Crush It! is coming out on the Switch in time for Christmas:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/monster_jam_crush_it_will_ride_roughshod_over_switch_this_holiday_season

My review from January:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 20:51

Ladies and gentlemen, the Switch has its Aero Gauge!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next