Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyFri 30 Mar 2018 - 17:27

There's a game that would look better in pixels. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 9:29

Balladeer wrote:
There's a game that would look better in pixels. Winky Face

Interesting...
(I think some fine person on this forum first linked to this, and I can't find it for some reason. If so, sorry for not acknowledging)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 15:43

Those first few minutes... shrieks of the damned. No

My Backloggery background is a pixel art rendition of one of the first bonfires in Dark Souls III - I think it looks pretty damn good in a pixel art style.

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 FB9qfta
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 20:50

That is an amazing gif, Jay - who’d have thought you like gifs? Winky Face

A thought has just struck me: do y’all think Dark Souls 2 Remastered might be made for the Switch?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 22:09

I'd say no, it's already been remastered, it's far inferior to 1 and I don't see them putting the extra effort in for the one platform.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 22:15

Like Andy says it has already been remastered but don't know why they wouldn't port it over if the first does well enough on Switch. Others like Bethesda with DOOM, Skyrim have put the effort in for just one system after the first release and the DSII Remaster to me would just be a port and it's not like it will be using FROMs time as a port house is doing the first for Switch on it's own and not the remasters on PS4 or ONE (which is a different port house), you'd just get them to port DSII over.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 0:18

ZeroJones wrote:
That is an amazing gif, Jay - who’d have thought you like gifs? Winky Face

A thought has just struck me: do y’all think Dark Souls 2 Remastered might be made for the Switch?

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'd say no, it's already been remastered, it's far inferior to 1 and I don't see them putting the extra effort in for the one platform.

This. It's also good that you can play each as a stand alone game so it's not like it's bad if Switch never sees the other 2 DaS games.

----

Oh and on the pixel art thing I've always loved this version of Ornstein & Smough.

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 Super_londo_bros_by_cyangmou-d6gse03
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 8:01

ZeroJones wrote:

I doubt it, but I really hope so!
I love Dark Souls II, and where I can bash through the original game with some pace the second one is larger so I'd love an opportunity to have it on Switch and slowly explore Drangleic, teasing out every little secret and challenge boss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 21:45

ZeroJones wrote:

If the first one sells incredibly well, then there's a chance. I'd be inclined to say no for now - I can't see the demand being that strong for it on Switch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 22:48

Thanks for that, chaps. Thumbs Up! Change of question, then: is the first one representative of the series as a whole?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 7:06

2 & 3 are very much iterations on the first and I'd say that 1 is the most pure/perfect way to experience it anyway, so in a way yes, but also no as it sets a bar high enough that the others seem a little disappointing in comparison (I should add that mechanically I prefer 3, but the overall game/world of 1 is better)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 9:25

In terms of story, character, world-building and pacing, the first game is untouched.
I also differ from Andy in that I prefer the slower, more methodical combat of the original game to the flashier third game and the outrageous ramping up of Boss difficulty that comes with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 9:59

I'd like to have the opportunity of playing all three DS games on Switch, even if I don't take it. Am I right in thinking that Bloodborne is a Sony game 'officially' and therefore will never make the jump?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 10:11

Yep. Also, DS3 was a very pretty, very big, very pacey PS4/ XBone game so I'm doubtful it could translate to Switch without being butchered.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 15:12

It having had time to settle, I wouldn't rush to play the third game soon after the first. I ended up playing all of the From Software games too close together - and III after I - it felt a bit too referential. I would like to have another go at II though, but I think they should wait until it absolutely "needs" remastering.
(hot take - the first one does. What? It is? Hooray!)

Sorry about the Spectrum loading on that YouTube video - it seems weird someone kept that in. Although it does remind me I wanted to recreate modern games as the best flick-screen experiences 1984 had to offer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 15:51

Dark Souls II has been remastered though, Jim or you waiting until PS5 when everything gets remastered again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:38

C'mon mas he said "absolutely NEEDS remastering" by that Im sure he means there have been major significant jumps in tech for games so theres a clear difference visually or even mechacnically. Going up one gen might not deliver that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:54

That sounds more like a remake to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 18:50

No reading between the lines for you eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 19:26

It might just be me but it's the second bit of Jim's post hot take - the first one does. What? It is? Hooray! and what we've seen today of the game which admittedly is the game running on PS4 Pro is resolution etc which surely the DSII remaster had maybe not to the same degree.

And most of you seem excited about the remaster of DS because it's on Switch, so why not with DSII if that came out let's say next year for the Switch.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 19:34

As you can probably tell, I'm just trying to gauge if I can be happy that I will have had a full-ish experience of the series if I only ever get/decide to play the first Dark Souls. It seems like that'll be the case, so that's fine. Thanks, all! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 20:02

I saw this fun Nintendoe paper video last night & I thought I'd share it. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 20:15

The first half of that video was okay. The second half was ace! Applause
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 10:27

masofdas wrote:
Dark Souls II has been remastered though, Jim or you waiting until PS5 when everything gets remastered again.

The_Jaster wrote:
C'mon mas he said "absolutely NEEDS remastering" by that Im sure he means there have been major significant jumps in tech for games so theres a clear difference visually or even mechacnically. Going up one gen might not deliver that.

You know what - I was going to get out my pedant-smashing mallet, but in all fairness I forgot that SOTFS existed as a standalone thing on the PS4. I got most of that change when I was playing the 360 version, so I hadn't made that separate thing.

Although I would say that SOTFS isn't really technically a remaster.
But then the DS remake isn't a complete revamp.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 EmptySun 8 Apr 2018 - 13:53

Yeah the terms do get muddled as like you say how much of a remaster is DSII on PS4/ONE over PS3/360 and the upcoming Dark Souls is being sold as a remaster which you can see from the PS3 to PS4 footage, is a decent remaster but then you see the likes of Spyro which is being touted like Crash as an AAA remaster when clearly it's a remake but as I guess as it will play the same as it did on PS1, it's a remaster, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next