We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Remakes Chat and Stuff

Go down 
+11
Admin
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Jimbob
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
beemoh
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

General Remakes Chat and Stuff Empty
PostSubject: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 13:32

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a588511/resident-evil-remake-coming-to-current-and-next-gen-consoles-in-2015.html

Coming to everything except Wii U next year, the GameCube version of Resident Evil (which was itself remade on Wii) is being remade again in Glorious High Definition with extra polygons and a scrolling mode for widescreen users which may or may not have been in the GC version.

Jaster, I assume, is furiously pre-ordering as you read this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 14:49

I hope it sells well so they make a real Resident Evil again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 16:09

beemoh wrote:

Jaster, I assume, is furiously pre-ordering as you read this

Laughing 

Resident evil is dead to me.  Wave 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 16:10

Drunkalilly wrote:
I hope it sells well so they make a real Resident Evil again.

I hope it sells well so that we get more remakes!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 16:23

All I have to say is this:  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 11:04

Couldn't this go in the news thread, just kidding beemoh.

I'm fine with it the game is 12 years old, so you can't say to soon for a HD port. It's a download not a full price retail release, I think capcom are doing everthing right with this and like drunka points out if it sells well could we get number 2 remade or number 7 being a proper resident evil game again.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 13:15

masofdas wrote:
Couldn't this go in the news thread

Then I couldn't have done the thread title Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 13:24

Beemoh gets away with it 'cause he's funny.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 14:05

masofdas wrote:
It's a download not a full price retail release

Ah, I did not know that. I retract my eye roll and replace it with the following:  Neutral 

(not big on Resi, but I guess it'll be someone's cup of tea. It's just ANOTHER port coming along...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 17:02

masofdas wrote:

I'm fine with it the game is 12 years old, so you can't say to soon for a HD port.

True but folk are still entitled to say if they think its a pointless port or not, like I've said elsewhere its a really bad trend devs have got into & that's what bugs me the most about it.

masofdas wrote:
drunka points out if it sells well could we get number 2 remade or number 7 being a proper resident evil game again.

Let's be honest here, do you really think that Capcom would never do a RE7? Also I don't see how this port selling well would make 7 a "proper RE game" either, the main reason the series isn't what it used to be is original creator isn't involved & any number of sales wouldn't change that.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 21:54

This time round, Barry's voiced by Brian Blessed.

"You were almost a... JILL SANDWICH! HA HA HA HAAA HA HA HA "
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 21:59

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I'm fine with it the game is 12 years old, so you can't say to soon for a HD port.

True but folk are still entitled to say if they think its a pointless port or not, like I've said elsewhere its a really bad trend devs have got into & that's what bugs me the most about it.

masofdas wrote:
drunka points out if it sells well could we get number 2 remade or number 7 being a proper resident evil game again.

Let's be honest here, do you really think that Capcom would never do a RE7? Also I don't see how this port selling well would make 7 a "proper RE game" either, the main reason the series isn't what it used to be is original creator isn't involved & any number of sales wouldn't change that.

Hence why I said about number 2 getting remade, now that's a game that could do with a make over.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 9:53

I'd still rather have new games, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 9:56

Is this going to be a "general remakes discussion" thread? Because if so, Nintendo have been making more ominous remake-flavoured noises.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 10:08

I saw that, yeah might make sense to have remake/port/re-release/reboot/hd version thread seeing there's so many now. As the RE:Make isn't a remake though that's coming it's a HD port.

I'd much sooner have RE2 remade then RE7 being like RE5&6 which it's likely to be. So I'd sooner have a good game then a new game in RE's case.

I've said before else where the film industry reboot, remake films etc and some of those are good like the the recent planet of the apes films but some are unnecessary such as the rumoured ghostbusters reboot.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 10:11

masofdas wrote:
I saw that, yeah might make sense to have remake/port/re-release/reboot/hd version thread seeing there's so many now

He wasn't inviting you to make one.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 10:12

Jas is right: I was suggesting that this may as well become one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 10:19

I was agreeing this should be one.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 16:02

The Wii U is in trouble if Capcom have decided not to bother making it. Is it really not going to recoup the development costs? Maybe the fate of SEGA's Yakuza HD remakes is putting companies off. Anyway, if it were coming to the Wii U, I would be buying it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 18:01

I would of bought Yakuza HD if that came to the west.

Revelations sold 90k worldwide on the U, so that might answer the question why it's not coming to U.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 19:48

Balladeer wrote:
Jas is right: I was suggesting that this may as well become one.

Nah, we should do it in another thread, which is exactly the same as this one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 20:22

But with a pretty picture in the OP.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 21:56

Had a thought, Jas says this is a new trend devs like to do but didn't Nintendo start it all off by bring SMB1-3 to SNES in AllStars.

But some ports are good as most of us have enjoyed the re-release of Guacamelee.

Watching IGN's Scoop, and there talking about AC: Unity & Rogue with a user question in saying should I play Rogue first as it's set before Unity and set's Unity up in some way even though there on different systems & Unity coming out first. With them all going they would bet Rogue comes to PS4ONE. So just play Unity then pick up Rogue when it comes to current gen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 23:09

Did I say new trend? I believe I said "bad trend" and its only increased to nauseating levels in the last few years, I don't see how it matters about who started it either, I personally don't like it when anyone does the quick cash grab variety.

Yes, there are good and bad ports/remakes/reboots but recently there's been more bad than good.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 10:29

Cross Threading, today at Gamescom it's very likely what I'm hearing we will see The Uncharted Collection on PS4 announced along side the Uncharted 4 trailer in some way.

What's everyone's thoughts on that, if it's £40-50 for three great games that's good especially if Sony think there's a audience of 40% (4milllion) of PS4 players haven't played them and gets them excited for number 4. But really these games should be coming to PSNOW but looks like if your popular (I use that term loosely if Beyond it's a PS4 version) your getting the HD treatment instead. Well at least I'll be able to play Final Fantasy on Now Oh it's 13 not to worry.

I am work today, but will be updating gamescom thread when I get home with all the big news today which might include this.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Remakes Chat and Stuff   General Remakes Chat and Stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

General Remakes Chat and Stuff
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next