We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
+14
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Jimbob
Muss
JayMoyles
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 19:50

Neo Yokio is bad and almost stopped watching after EP1 but seeing it's only 6 long, I did watch it all and it ended up being so bad its good.

I just finished Castlevania Season 2 and have to say again really decent, maybe Konami should you know license its IP out.

A few weeks ago I finished Luke Cage Season 2 and it's really slow to get going an the ending has me wanting more but it's now been cancelled like Iron Fist, the difference being in the press release for Iron Fist they said he'd be back in some way but didn't for Luke Cage.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 20:21

Aye, I watched the first four episodes or so of Castlevania S2, will likely polish the rest off over the next few days. Chuffed to bits to hear it's getting a third season too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018 - 22:59

On the above note, the second series of Castlevania on Netflix was outstanding. An easy recommendation - I couldn't believe how much emotion was injected into a show that was built from a line in an ending from Castlevania III ending in which it said "Alucard feels guilty because he killed his real father". Like, it's well worth a watch even if you're not that fussed about the Castlevania game series.

The show runner, Adi Shankar, has just nabbed the rights for a Devil May Cry show as well and I totally trust him with that series on the basis of Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Nov 2018 - 10:14

Just seen Devil May Cry and Castlevania are going to be part of the same Multiverse as well.

Dante vs Alucard, yes please
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov 2018 - 0:16

I didn't take that statement as "I'm making a video games animated universe", but more a remark that he's nabbed up the rights to DMC before Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov 2018 - 0:26

I didn't see his statement but a news post about it, maybe they blew it out of proportion but we can dream.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 18 Nov 2018 - 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Nov 2018 - 12:57

Capcom are big into their crossovers, to be fair, so it wouldn't be the craziest idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 17:28

I'm unsure if Konami would be as relenting with Castlevania, but then again the boys Belmont are popping up in Smash, so who knows?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyMon 7 Jan 2019 - 22:33

Two Doors Down is back!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b072wv8z?suggid=b072wv8z

I think it's great fun, brilliantly awkward, and it's got a superb cast (Taggart! Elaine C. Smith! Fergie from Still Game! Grado from the wrestling!). Does anybody else watch it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Jan 2019 - 9:28

I binged over the weekend Netflix's Sabrina which does have a teen drama feel to it which is likely due to Riverdale but does have a Buffy vibe to it as well, which I guess looking back was a sort of a teen show as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 16:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
Every character is revealed to have more and more layers and emotion and actual characterisation. Jake does remain "Whacky" but it isn't his entire character, and seeing his relationship with Holt especially develop is something special.

This is fair. We've just finished Season 1 and, so great has the turnaround been, will probably get Season 2. The other characters haven't changed much thus far, I'd say, but Jake has become... bearable! And the jokes are mostly funny.

So, yep, consider me a convert. I'm not going to go around preaching that it's The Best Show Ever like some (nobody here, mind); but it dun good.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:15

Russian Doll a few weeks ago on Netflix, it's a decent darker sexier groundhog day.

Then last Friday, Netflix finally got season 5 of B99, which I finished watching last night and it's just more quality B99. Now to wait another year for Season 6 to come to Netflix.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 11:18

DP as I watched all of Season 1 of The Good Place Thursday night and got to say it's a fun little series.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 11:59

I'm n the middle of season one of the good lace and I'm enjoying it so far, but I need to share this with you all (no clue where better to put it)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 19:20

Drunkalilly wrote:
Star Trek is better anyway.

Yes yes it is, which you can guess is because I've finished S2 of Discovery.

Also now watched S2 and S3 of The Good Place, which made me want to check out Veronica Mars which is a bit of a cult classic which I can only find a near £30 DVD boxset.

Matthew Castle
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 19:58

I watched snippets of that half-hour Poké Rap video, and... they were really good so I'll probably watch the rest at some point. Embarrassed Some quality puns there.

We're currently watching Warehouse 13, which seems good from its first two episodes; but I wanted to take a big shot in the dark and asked whether anybody here has watched The Mentalist? And if so, does it improve from the first season? I'll say more if this shot hits someone, anyone.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 May 2019 - 0:53

...god, I hate this thread's title. Laughing

Has anybody else been watching Chernobyl? I'm hooked - it's bleak viewing (well, as you'd expect) but gripping stuff. I'd imagine there's been some creative liberties to dramatise the real events, but it's still incredibly frightening to think how close mainland Europe was to total disaster.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 May 2019 - 1:16

I've been watching Designated Survivor again, currently 5 eps into season 2 & while I think it's good I can't help but think they are throwing away parts of the US Government conspiracy angle way too easily. But with that said the season is 22 episodes long though so there's a long way to go yet.

Also found out last night that Sneaky Pete is back on prime & it's still some superb TV. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 9:39

The Lady made me watch an episode of Reboot last night. Anybody remember that from when they were tiny? It was apparently the first entirely CGI cartoon. Christ it's aged like mouldy bread though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 15:04

I remember Reboot! My dad actually liked it more than me at the time, but I've got a little nostalgia for it.

You're right, it looks shite now. Beast Wars, on the other hand . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 18:02

I don't have enough, it would seem...

I've also watched the first three episodes of Good Omens. It's a belter, unsurprisingly given its source material. The chemistry between the leads is wonderful. Some of the other characters aren't quite so great (Anathema, Gabriel), but Sheen and Tennant carry it all well enough!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2019 - 21:17

Yep that pretty much carried on as it started. Gabriel held his own though. It's amazing how Tennant and Sheen don't really have much to do with the actual plot, but still carried the entire show.

Anyway! Amazon's next drama is this, which instantly reminded me from its trailer of the book Drunka sent me to read ages ago. Should have published earlier... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 20:49

I finished watching Dark Crystal last night, really good in basically every department.

Going to rewatch the film which now due to the series has raised some questions and I'm looking forward to the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019 - 22:54

DP as yesterday the Disney+ twitter tweeted around 800 times in a row all the stuff that's coming to the service when it launches which is still unknown in the UK.

Some things were obvious to be on it but looking through the list I'm excited for the old cartoons like X-Men from 92 (I think 92), Spider-Man, Gargoyles along with stuff I didn't even know they owned like 10 things I hate about you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 20:57

The casting of the Tearry Pratchett-based series The Watch continues, and - hmmmmm. I don't mind the gender-swapping so much as I do making Lady Sybil and Doctor Cruces young and sexy. They're not meant to be young and sexy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next