Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)

Go down 
+4
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 18:15

I'm having a fair bit of fun so far! I've only played an hour or so and I already feel pretty damn competent with one character at least. It's simple enough to pick up that I reckon I can get to grips with the whole cast with little fuss.

The AI is pretty brutal when they're pressing the offensive but I've found they're really exploitable in that doing one move over and over again tends to cripple them. Online's where the real fun has been so far, as evidenced here.

I hope a fair few folks pick it up - I had a good few rounds with Giz there and I'd be keen for more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Jul 2018 - 7:36

Im enjoying it so far and for the price its a steal for me!

And im def up for more games Jay! Despite how brutal your Quinn game already is 😥
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:41

Played some more over the meet and Quinn is cheap as all hell but did manage to get an odd win in with June, I'll stick to Street Fighter: Third Strike & Ibuki Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:42

Jay ruined this for everyone I reckon. No
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:50

I did enjoy it and like I said I did get some wins in but I reckon if we played a 100 games between me and Jay, he'd win 75% of the time.

I do think why it was called crap by Andy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:52

Nah, I played this more on the train home and quite liked it even though I'm bad at it for now - when youre playing someone who knows a fighter better you just to need to keep asking questions about it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 17:00

(p.s. Jay I'm joking. Embarrassed )
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 17:07

From the session me n jay had, june is 100% the anti Quinn 😉

I always love the Haduken character though so ill stick woth Tenchi no matter the losses 😂
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 21:36

Balladeer wrote:
Jay ruined this for everyone I reckon. No

I had plenty of fun, no idea what you're on about.  Winky Face

Nah, Quinn is so in your face that he's overwhelming to play against in your first matches, so I do feel a wee bit guilty doing it to everybody except Andy who fully deserved every moment of pain and frustration after his mad shit talk during Runbow on the Friday night.  Razz

masofdas wrote:
I do think why it was called crap by Andy

That's just the Andyman Game Grading Scale in full effect there. Laughing

Give me a shout if you're keen for some games though Mas - I'm down to grind it out with you and help out where I can.

The_Jaster wrote:
Nah, I played this more on the train home and quite liked it even though I'm bad at it for now - when youre playing someone who knows a fighter better you just to need to keep asking questions about it.

Exactly right. That's how I got better at SFIV when I played with some of the lads on NGamer. The simplicity of Pocket Rumble means it won't even take too much time before you're both scrapping on a level playing field which is great stuff.

EofGizmo wrote:
From the session me n jay had, june is 100% the anti Quinn 😉

Oh definitely! I think I said as much at the meetup - her range is brilliant for keeping Quinn out or stuffing his super.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 15:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 21:46

My June is getting better and I've read how the two button system works on this now.

The ranking system is weird as hell, I got into the top 250 as June then played the number 2 Naomi and lost which started a bit of a downfall that I went to 4000 odd then I went back to 280 with the same happening again.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 21:50

Aye, the ranking system didn't seem accurate at all to me. I think there's some teething issues to sort out there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 15:38

Been reading some more on this seems like there was meant to be some DLC characters but the stretch goal wasn't met and someone is porting it to Neo Geo Pocket Colour.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 20:19

JayMoyles wrote:
Nah, Quinn is so in your face that he's overwhelming to play against in your first matches, so I do feel a wee bit guilty doing it to everybody except Andy who fully deserved every moment of pain and frustrating after his mad shit talk during Runbow on the Friday night.  Razz

So glad I missed this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)   Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pocket Rumble (What's that rumbling in my pocket?)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2