We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)

Go down 
+4
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) Empty
PostSubject: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 12:31

The Japanese publisher Hamster Corporation has been releasing loads of old coin-op classics/oldies/fossils on other consoles as part of their Arcade Archives programme, and that's now including the Switch. There's five remastered Neo Geo games up on the eShop already at £6.29 a pop. It's not the Virtual Console, true, but it's a decent substitute all the same.

For some old school gaming, has anyone gone for Metal Slug 3, Shock Troopers, The King of the Fighters '98, Waku Waku 7 or World Heroes Perfect yet? I'm a fan of Shock Troopers, and I can see myself rooting about Waku Waku 7 soon enough. It seems inevitable that the likes of Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury and - everything crossed! - Neo Turf Masters will follow in the next while as well.  Dance

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 12:58

These seem to be the ones coming Cappa (Copied from the big game list) and the PS4 etc keeps getting new ones (but some seem to be exclusive to systems) that I think the ACA will just continue to grow beyond these:

Alpha Mission II TBC
Fatal Fury TBC
Metal Slug TBC
Metal Slug 3 March 3rd
NAM-1975 TBC
NEO TURF MASTERS TBC
Samurai Shodown TBC
Shock Troopers March 3rd
The King of Fighters ‘94 TBC
The King of Fighters ’98 March 3rd
Waku Waku 7 March 3rd
World Heroes TBC
World Heroes Perfect March 3rd

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 14:10

Metal Slug might see a look if I'm struggling for something to play.

I actually thought this was Nintendo kicking their Virtual Console off at first and I was pretty confused as to why they'd pick the Neo Geo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 19:12

The game shop on my road has just hooked up a Metal Slug 2 machine, so I can see myself downloading that after getting the taste.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 18:33

It was just a couple of days ago that someone on here said that Mario Golf on the GameCube was the best golf game ever. After reading that, I called the police (on 999, and then on 101 for good measure) because they made a very false and damaging statement, that should almost definitely result in a lengthy custodial sentence, or maybe death.

That's coming out tomorrow, and it's the best golf game ever.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 18:47

See I've play Mario Golf Toadstool Tour where Turf Masters, I've only played on NGPC as even I've not owned a AES.

So I'm interested in where you've played it before Cappa and anyone else who has?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 20:20

It's had a few re-releases over the last half-decade or so - I've played it on Wii Virtual Console, Windows and on Android.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 17:37

All platforms, I don't/didn't go near.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 23 Mar 2017 - 19:08

Don't care, get it played.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyFri 24 Mar 2017 - 6:03

We'll have to see how it stacks up against NES Open Tournament Golf. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 21:09

METAAALL SLUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGG

It's might be the best run-and-gun shoot 'em up ever, either this or Gunstar Heroes. Any of the Contra games are absolute fucking dogshite compared to either of those. The third Metal Slug came out on the eShop a few weeks ago, but it's a bit weird. This is the one to get, if you're at all interested. £6.29 on the eShop later this week - quality. Thumbs Up!

Hamster Corporation announced the next bunch of ACA Neo Geo games last week, but they're a disappointing bunch, with stuff like the first Art of Fighting, the first Fatal Fury and the first World Heroes. Remember when SEGA would do some amazing 3D Classics on the 3DS and thenm immediately follow them up with a load of bollocks that wasn't good in the first place? I think this is a bit like that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 21:12

Yep, this went right onto my watch list on the eShop to pick up at a later date. It's been ages since I've played Metal Slug but I remember having a goddamn blast.

Was it the third one that had you start off on a beach with loads of mental crabs looking to have a go?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 19:07

Who needs Ultra Street Fighter II when you've got Garou Mark of the Wolves coming to Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySat 17 Jun 2017 - 14:17

I've asked on Twitter but is their any Neo Geo games you want to see on Switch, guys?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 2:48

They've put out the first and third Metal Slug games on Switch, so the second would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 14:58

Noted, I'm planning to do a Gintendo piece but want the Nintendo fans input.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 22:49

I think that the developer has planned their releases very well - I think it's fair comment to say that a lot of the Neo Geo's very best stuff is already out on the Switch. Sengoku 3, Windjammers, Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy and Neo Geo Cup '98 are the small handful that I'd still like to see, but so far, so good.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 9:23

Windjammers is getting a new release elsewhere, with online play and so on, so I doubt they'll bring it out in this series just now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 17:16

Aye, DotEmu are putting it on the PS4 and the Vita sure. Separate of that, I'm hoping that Hamster Co. gets the Windjammers licence off of Data East so they can put their own version on the Switch.

I think that some of Data East's Magical Drop games are coming the Swtich through the ACA series soon - the second and third ones are quite good, as is Spinmaster, another Data East belter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 18:54

Yeah some of the top titles are on it or you hope to come right up-to Samurai Shodown V Special, yet I think I've got a good Top 10 and done some serious research with a points system and everything.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Arcade Archives - Arrives On Switch   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:25

Nintendo step into a slightly different area of their back catalogue with Arcade Archives. Mario Bros. is first up on September 27th. I'm keen to see how this plays out: in my head I'm calling it 'Switch Virtual Console Part One'.

Hoping to think of something snappier. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:39

I updated the ACA Neo Geo thread for these ACA Nintendo games but my latest post didn't show up. Maybe stick them together?

http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t1286-arcade-archives-series-nintendo-neo-geo-all-that-bollocks
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:44

I'll be keeping an eye on this :cyclops: but I'm not exactly jumping up and down with excitement at Mario Bros being the first game they release.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 21:16

Merged, as per request. Cool

And I know what you mean, Jas: Mario Bros. has been an added bonus with a couple of games and it's never appealed to me. I have my eye on Vs. Super Mario Bros. Grin
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 21:34

Vs. Punch-Out!! might be worth a butchers too.

I know it's a bit mental, but how good would it have been for Nintendo to launch an Arcade Mini with all these games on there instead? Just a wee miniture arcade cabinet to plonk on your coffee table in the living room. It would cost two hundred quid no doubt, but bollocks to it, I want a wee arcade machine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)   Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks) Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcade Archives Series (Nintendo, Neo Geo, All That Bollocks)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next