We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 16:16

Agree with you for the most part, especially on weapon durability.
Fun fact: this is the second Breath of the Wild review I've read, the other being Scullion's, because I was meaning not to read anything until I got my thoughts written down but I forgot about that just now and read yours.

Personally, I was pretty untroubled by framerate issues and I liked the horses. If I had to travel through unexplored territory, they were the fastest way to do it at ground level, which was the place to be when seeing new sights.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 18:06

I've went through phases of hating & liking the horses, I think the biggest problem they have is because the game doesn't limit you in where you can explore you want try this while on horseback as well but once you leave the noticeable pathways they get a bit fussy and sometimes don't want to trot up the smallest of inclines which can be frustrating especially when battling enemies.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 18:31

Frame rate is a very minor niggle for me, no more. It only got really bad in the forest and in Rito Village. And I'm ambivalent about the horses, they're fun enough to have (especially Chunkyhorse) but I've tended to opt for scampering, climbing, and gliding from towers for the most part. Would be better if you could summon them from anywhere.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 22:48

I like the horses. Being able to call them anywhere, a la Witcher III would be convenient but I don't think it would have fit the game or the tangible world it created.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 11:58

Fast RMX

I just got the credits on this today. Annoyingly, I got them after finishing third on the last cup, so although I've completed the game I do still kinda want to go back and get that 1st. There's also two further difficulties, which I want to test out in case they're like Mario Kart CCs where playing on the faster ones is a whole other game. As it is though, I've got some form of completion and I've unlocked all the tracks and most of the machines, which is me sorted for multiplayer purposes.
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 Sunshi10
It's a pretty good game! It definitely feels fast, and the controls are pretty easy to get to grips with. Having to switch polarities for boosts add a little extra bit of interactivity which I appreciated, and the courses do occasionally offer little mechanic twists or extra hazards. I'm not the world's biggest racing game fan, but this game did enough to keep me interested. That said, it didn't quite have as much character as an F-Zero. The announcer wasn't as OTT, the music was much more chilled out and there weren't all the weird aliens and stuff. Indie game in "not as inventive as Nintendo first-party title" shocker.
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 Kyoto10
It looks great; lots of cool lighting effects and weather and robots knocking about and very shiny cars. Sometimes it looks a little sparse on the big screen but normally it's moving too fast to be an issue. A favourite track was Neo Kyoto, where neon lights reflect off the hull. Very cash.

I played a little multiplayer. Me and Muss had a go on the TV which was cool and I can see being good, and I've had a few games on tablet mode at work which went down well. I think they've missed a trick not getting online play sorted for friends sooner, as every time I've played this with other people I've thought Mario Kart would do the job much better. When that launches, Fast RMX will unfortunately be pretty much forgotten.

As is though, this was a great launch game for the Switch. They could have gotten away with sticking this in a box for full price, especially in the launch window, so for £16 it was a steal.

10/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 12:53

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think they've missed a trick not getting online play sorted for friends sooner,

Well if you believe the devs behind the game, it's ready to go but Nintendo won't let them put a update out and also might be the reason Pocket Rumble was delayed as that is ready to go but devs have said the same not on the eSHop yet due to Nintendo and you'd hope Pocket Rumble has some sort of friends online support.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 13:56

Either Nintendo are deliberately holding online back to launch it with something of theirs, or it genuinely isn't ready yet. Part of me suspects the former - if true, let's hope every other game gets its online mode 'switched on' (pun, or play on words) at the same time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 17:09

ZeroJones wrote:
Either Nintendo are deliberately holding online back to launch it with something of theirs, or it genuinely isn't ready yet. Part of me suspects the former - if true, let's hope every other game gets its online mode 'switched on' (pun, or play on words) at the same time.

I'm going to say I don't see Nintendo holding it back for any other reason than it not being ready, Shin'en obviously test their own updates & think it is but they then need to be sent to Nintendo for testing too (it works like this on all formats) & they've likely found something that needs fixed so the process starts all over again.

---

I still want to get this even with MK8D on the horizon as they are both different enough despite being in the same genre.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 17:13

You might be right Jas and same might apply to Pocket Rumble but I personally am taking the word of the devs on why neither has happened.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 17:30

We'll never know for certain so it's probably better just to focus on what's cool/interesting about these games & discuss that instead.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 2:07

So I booted Breath of the Wild back up yesterday to start a new file and holy crap who's bright idea at Nintendo was it to make it one save file per Nintendo ID? See Nintendo it's stuff like this I don't like, how you constantly have all the tools to succeed and then do something really pointlessly bad for unfathomable reasons. Why only one save file? Why literally force people to throw their completionist file in the bin if they want to replay a game you deliberately made to be replayable? This is worse than Pokemon's single save file, at least when Gamefreak do it you can see the logic behind it (easy way to clone pokemon, and of course the added incentive to get people to buy both games).

Balladeer wrote:
Frame rate is a very minor niggle for me, no more.
You say that now, but you haven't had the misery of scaling the Guardian infested Hyrule Castle with a constant dodgy framerate causing you to lose a stockpile of fairies and protective spells yet. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 9:54

A mate at work has given up on his Switch because of a similar. He had WiFi issues, so sent back his Switch, got a new one and the realised he lost his save for Zelda as he thought it would save the cart or be away to get it like on everything else.

He started Zelda again and his new Switch had the Joy-Con issue, that has gone back as well and he's not bothering again with the Switch in-till something like Pokemon comes to it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 10:49

Athrun888 wrote:
So I booted Breath of the Wild back up yesterday to start a new file and holy crap who's bright idea at Nintendo was it to make it one save file per Nintendo ID?  See Nintendo it's stuff like this I don't like, how you constantly have all the tools to succeed and then do something really pointlessly bad for unfathomable reasons.  Why only one save file?  Why literally force people to throw their completionist file in the bin if they want to replay a game you deliberately made to be replayable?  This is worse than Pokemon's single save file, at least when Gamefreak do it you can see the logic behind it (easy way to clone pokemon, and of course the added incentive to get people to buy both games).  

Balladeer wrote:
Frame rate is a very minor niggle for me, no more.
You say that now, but you haven't had the misery of scaling the Guardian infested Hyrule Castle with a constant dodgy framerate causing you to lose a stockpile of fairies and protective spells yet.  Evil or Very Mad  

Yeah only having one file isn't good, if you create a new user on your Switch though then you could start over without erasing your original save.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 8:58

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................. I'v been thinking about this, and - sorry to be a contrary shitbag - I think you guys might be in the minority on this save game issue. I don't think most people would need / want a second save file. It'd be different in e.g. an Elder Scrolls game, where sections are optional - and more importantly, mutually exclusive - so you can have a Stormcloak and an Imperial run in Skyrim, for example. But in BoTW you can basically do everything, and I think most people would do everything, and then start again if they want to everything again. If it takes up space and clogs up the filing system (and of course you don't name your Rinky Dink any more) I can understand why that'd get the boot if everything else was put in.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 9:07

Sure but hasn't Zelda had 3 game save slots and nearly game has multiple ones. It just seems like another Nintendo thing, you can have one save file per profile and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 9:09

Zelda had 3 slots because 3 people might want to play the game, I'd argue. It doesn't know that JAMES, POOP and BUTT are all actually me, but neither would the Switch know if POOP and BUTT had their own user profiles.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 9:12

Sure and maybe that was their thinking, hopefully it isn't a common thing as a more RPGy game like Skyrim following it would be daft but then again this is Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 10:24

Postknight

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 Kurechii-postknight-featured-gamersaur

Funny one, this. You play a postman in dangerous times - dangerous enough that you are attacked every time you make a delivery. Delivering knightmail involves auto-running hack and slash gameplay, with a charge attack, defensive shield and healing potion in reserve, all of which have their own cooldown timers. Stops you spamming charge and wrecking everything in your path. The story has you solving a town's problems before being promoted to more challenging routes. There are five towns overall, with the fifth suffering a substantial increase in difficulty to get you to indulge in the game's IAP's. Overall, although it's a neat idea and became an obsession, the appeal dwindled by the end.

13/20
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2017 - 18:59

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 Header

Well I'm a bit behind the times with this 2013 game, which one of the course of gamergate but lets skip that bit. Now you will know I'm a fan of the Podcast Beyond! and what was Kinda Funny (still sort of am but no longer support financially), reason was due to Colin and Greg.

Colin if you didn't know has/does suffer from depression and anxiety, he's talked about Depression Quest before but for some reason I've never gave it ago.

As I was fiddling with PC gaming with that Orchid Dusk game Drunka brought up which I also finished but I've got nothing to say about it and sorting out Starcraft to play.

I'd thought I'd finally give the game ago, also I don't know if he minds me saying it but he did tweet about it but EofGizmo has felt down and as a friend, I thought this might be a way to experience that in a medium I can, ala the transgender game I played awhile ago.

I don't like using terms game or play, when it comes to something like this as it's more of a interactive short choice your own adventure thing.

Now I don't know what the goal was of the games but after I did feel bummed at what happened to me as I made my choices along the way.

I don't know what else to really say.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2017 - 20:13

I really do need to play that, I've known loads of people with bipolar or depression, and although mine is mostly just because the world is actually shit I've certainly had some of those feelings, so I should definitely play this at some point. I think Muss has spoken highly of it as well.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Apr 2017 - 16:25

I'm not sure if I speak highly off it, as it's such a odd one.

How do you critique something like this, as take Zelda I've played other open-world games and other Zeldas that I can go well based on them this is how I feel about it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017 - 12:34

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 H2x1_NSwitchDS_GracefulExplosionMachine

I liked the look of Graceful Explosion Machine when I first saw it in the Nindies Direct that was broadcast right before the Swtich came out. Having since downloaded, played and finished it, I'm really happy that I gave it a go. It does a lot of things right. For example, it's brilliant for undocked play - it looks and sounds amazing on the small screen. The HD Rumble is used well too, with the JoyCons buzzing depending on by what and on what side your spaceship is hit by an enemy. Subtle, but quite smart, I thought. The four weapons are great fun to use as well, and it's all very, very satisfying when it comes together. It feels a little samey even before the halfway point, but that's honestly the only criticism I have of Graceful Explosion Machine. It's all very good.

This isn't one of those rock-hard Japanese bullet hell shooters either - it's very approachable, fair and not too difficult at all. I can recommend this to everyone on the forum, I think you'd all quite like it. If it's ever part of a sale, get on it like a tramp on chips. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 19:12

Hmmm... that review's doing more than anything else to push me towards it, after I've finished Zelda anyway.

Undertale

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 Friends-or-loser

This game is a victim of its own hype more than anything else.  It's a great game that is not the Second Coming of Miyamoto it's sometimes been made out to be.

On the surface, it's a short JRPG with a disappointing art style (YMMV) and a bullet-hell gameplay system that... well it's trying something new, but it gets in the way somewhat.  You can spare monsters rather than just attacking them, which is nice, but not world-breaking.

I think that by now, most people know that UT is more than how it appears on the surface.

This is one of the best stories I've seen told in videogames.  A cast of genuine characters, well-thought NPCs, a twisty-turny plot, scary bits, heartwarming bits, and a bit that nearly made me cry.  The hype about the UT story is real, it is well-deserved, and even if you're prepared to have your conventions played with, you'll still likely be astonished in parts.

Unfortunately, UT's story is hindered by one of two things.  

At this stage, you've probably been spoiled on some things, that seems to be almost unavoidable.  Obviously that takes away from the story, because of course it does.  If you know the twists, then no matter how clever they are, you're going to be less impressed when they happen.

But if you haven't, if you go into it blind, then you're likely to have to play it through multiple times to get the true ending (and I consider there only to be one).  That's dull.  And as a result, if I hadn't had someone else come along who was interested in playing it with me, I would never have finished it.  What's even worse, you can manage to render the best ending ungettable by accident, although admittedly only if you really ignore the hints the game's chucking out.

Because of that, UT's story isn't quite perfect, and as a 'proper game', it borders on mince at times.  But if you treat it as a visual novel, and play it the right way with minimal spoilers, then you definitely won't have a bad time.

Also: I was a fan of Toby Fox's brilliant brilliant tunes before UT was ever a thing.  Just putting that out there.

8/10
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 17:41

I've cooled off on Undertale over time as well, but it's still an easy 9/10 in my eyes. We've discussed before about how retro stylings don't bother me and I was also fortunate enough to play it unspoiled, which was likely because I played it close to launch.

I'll admit that having to replay a large swathe of the game for the true ending was a little frustrating, especially considering I achieved the other conditions for the ending but I messed up on the first boss, resulting in me having to do everything again. Plus, the conditions to get the Genocide ending were deathly dull and even though the game does tie this into the route's storytelling, it still was pretty boring to sit through.

Still, good game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 19:51

The YMMV was specially for you Jay. Nah nah! I hope we can at least agree that it's more contentious visually than the other game I've been playing of late!

And yes. Good game indeed. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next