We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 19:28

Sure, if by 'twee' you mean 'emotional and moving'! Hissy fit Nah I do see what you mean, especially re. Goosebucket. I just find it quite cute. For a less cute overworld theme, Threshold of Fate is pretty nice and creepy.

Shifty You were definitely a person I had in mind Jay! I think another couple of people might read and listen, even if they don't comment, and I'd love to see e.g. Jim or Jas have a shot... but they probably won't. Sulk
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 20:19

*lurks in dark corner of the music thread watching.....waiting...*

But whats that rapping at the forum door? Oh its you Kanye West, "Jas will you post in this thread and chat about a video game score?" So I reply "maybe one day I will but it'll likely be games you seen me talk about a thousand times or more" A dark souls, or perhaps a monster hunter - I dont know where this post is going so i think I'll shut up.

*disappears into the darkness*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 20:25

I KNEW IT!

(grabs torch, turns its beam into the corner - but there was nothing there any more...) Pale

Have we even had a Dark Souls music week, or feature, or whatever here?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 11:08

I don't know.....maybe Buska done one at some point?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 21:40

If so it'll presumably have been in the Nontendo thread and therefore immeasurably inferior. It'd be good to get one up here for all to see!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 7:41

I did, and it was!

Drunka's Dark Souls Post from 4 years and 6 days ago:

Unbelievably, I missed out Nameless Song. Also, that post predates my discovery that the actual best song in Dark Souls is Red by Taylor Swift.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 9:00

That Nameless Song is beautiful. Love I'll go through all the others when I have the time: it's good to have The Big Man back in the thread!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 9:22

I would love to spend more time here, but I'm rarely in a good position to spend the time and internets necessary to listen to what y'all are posting.

I am, slllloooooowwwwwwlllyyyy making steps to get proper home internet :p
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 9:26

JayMoyles wrote:

Yeah, I can rise to the occasion for the next time. Thumbs Up!

Penis.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 20:39

Balla's Humming Corner

Where I tell you what I've been humming to myself these days, whether or not you care!

On the way to and from work, it's generally been this bloody stressful little offering from Overcooked.  Standard orchestral stuff, but quite a nice tune that's wormed it into my brain as The Lady and I frantically try to three-star some of the trickier stages.

At the office, however, it's been Metal Crusher.  Something of an odd move from myself, I think, since that character's other battle tune is pretty much objectively better... but then, when I'm at work, do I feel more like a functional machine, or (slight spoilers) FAAAAAAAABULOUS?  No prizes for guessing...

This has been Balla's Humming Corner.  (shuffles out of thread)

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 8 Aug 2019 - 7:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : D'oh! Track mix-up.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 22:31

Wrong link for your second UT track, unless Mettaton turns up in Overcooked...

I got some deep Mario + Rabbids vibes from that first track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2019 - 19:39

Oops. Embarrassed Fixed.  Not a bad track though, is it?

In fact, stuff it...

GNamer Music Thingy 169
Sizzle Reel

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 Header

I'm not going to pretend that Overcooked's soundtrack is the best in the world, but it's wormed its way into my head and my singing as The Lady and I try to three-star enough levels to unlock Panda Chef.  However, one piece sticks in my mind more than any other.

Restaurant

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fovercooked%2Fhome%2FKitchen1-1920x1080-aeb19d379c9d394479acdbdbfc7ae0335bda83fe

a.k.a. 'Guitar Fret Noises: The Piece'.  Tell me this doesn't get you bobbing in your seat.  It introduces you nicely into the game, and it's not dramatic or anything, but it's really chirpy and bouncy and it's probably my favourite piece of the selection.  

(Side note: how did this player manage to get minus thirty!?  That's appallingly bad!)

Best of the rest: mucking about on trucks, and sliding into the sodding water again.  It's just all part of a really nice cheery soundtrack that takes itself exactly as seriously as the music for a game about a spaghetti monster eating the world should do.

Musical side-note (ha): today I found out that the Dragon Quest composer is an arse.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 21:03

"Jaunty" is a great word to describe the Overcooked soundtrack. Pleasant tunes all round, although I doubt you'd hear them in a normal playthrough over the obscenities being screamed at your fellow chefs. Also, that's disappointing to read that about the DQ composer - I found myself appreciating the tunes playing on the stage released alongside the Hero in SSBU. Can I pretend they were composed by Uematsu instead?

In a note of sadness for this thread, a number of big VGM channels on YouTube like GilvaSunner and BrawlBSTMS3 have had hundreds and hundreds of videos pulled by request of Nintendo. The hope is that this is a sign of Nintendo adopting official methods of accessing their soundtracks like Spotify as most of their OSTs aren't available even for purchase, but I strongly doubt that. Just when you thought Nintendo were getting better, too...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 21:56

'Jaunty' is ideal. You absolutely don't: even when I'm playing with The Lady (at whom I try not to swear) it's all, 'Get the onion. The onion. NO THE ONI- CHRIST RESTART THE LEVEL.' Still, enough must have snuck through for me to get some of them stuck in my head!

I saw that and despaired a bit. BrawlBSTMS3 got it even worse than you say: they'd already tried to take most of their Nintendo videos down, but got their entire channel shut down anyway. I can't help but admire the blind optimism of people who think that Nintendo, who has never 'got' YouTube, is doing this for anything other than pettiness.

They'll keeping popping up in other places, is my hope. I can't say how helpful listening to extended Nintendo musics has been to me down the years. Aww! Basically Nintendo is worse than Japanese MIDI Music Hitler.*
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2019 - 19:51

Stuck on the England match there and the pre-match national anthem reminded me of this from 2012:

ZombiU was all right. But it never looked or sounded as good as it did in that trailer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 12:41

Yup, that was top.  See also: that Dead Island trailer.  I remember the trailer better than I remember the game!

GNamer Music Thingy 170
Spirited Away

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 Super_smash_bros_ultimate_nintendo_switch_cover_1534157121839

Oh yes.  We've reached a number with a nought on the end, and however unofficial, that means it's time for a BIG WEEK.  They don't come much bigger than Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.  Even with the focus being on old content, they still found time for a shedload of new musics (although Star Fox fans might feel themselves justifiably aggrieved on that score - not as much as Final Fantasy fans, mind).  

So, that's what we have.  My top five new remixes from SSBU.  I'd love to listen to the ones I missed out, but for now, listen to these before they're all taken down by Nintendo's music lawyers:

5. Kass' Theme

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fzeldauniverse.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F06%2Fsuper-smash-bros-ultimate-great-plateau-tower

Sorry Delfino Plaza: there's only one best accordion remix, and it's this.  If you'd told me that my favourite BotW remix was going to be of Kass' reasonably forgettable organ ditty before I got my hands and ears on the tracks, I'd have laughed you out of town; but it's bloody excellent, especially that bit when the series main theme kicks in.

4. Vs. Ridley

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDfgaZxtWAAMfFZJ

The first part of the song I can take or leave, but once the second part kicks in at around 43s you know you're dealing with some serious evil.  Then you get the music box remix later on, amidst the rocking guitar bridge; and that haunting section just before the pre-loop crescendo.  Ridley isn't a joke villain, he's not a Bowser or a Dedede, and this remix makes it very clear that Smash's greatest ( Winky Face ) character isn't just evil, he's sinister.

3. Electroplankton

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fserebii.net%2Fsmashbrosultimate%2Fstages%2Fhanenbowbattlefield

'Remix' is debatable here.  This is essentially an all-new composition using Electroplankton sounds, and it has me bopping in my chair.  Nowhere is this more true than when the invincibility star kicks in.  Excellent stuff.

2. Gangplank Galleon

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fassets1.ignimgs.com%2F2018%2F08%2F08%2Fking-k-rool-1533742762217_1280w

The Internet's favourite.  Why not?  A bold-as-brass mix of a DK classic by the Xenoblade sound chaps, complete with incomprehensible rap and 'nah nah nah' section.  It's excellent, and was my favourite good while.  There's just one song that's been a bit more hummable for me...

1. Galaga Medley

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fabni1L-V6cA%2Fmaxresdefault

Another one that's basically a new composition.  Top dance tune with some calmer bits.  It's just an excellent mix that I completely didn't expect.

Some other songs I really like:

• The Happy Home Designer rock head-banging remix - again, completely unexpected;
  • MM5's Dark Man is my favourite of the new Mega Man remixes, just over Snake Man;
  • Every Donkey Kong remix.  K. Rool did very well out of this game!

Any great ones I've missed?  You can include un-remixed if you like!  (I'm a fan of Moonstruck Blossom coming back myself.)

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 6 Dec 2019 - 20:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 21:02

Smash Ultimate's got some absolutely top remixes - certainly too many to list! The only one out of the five you listed that I'd have immediately remembered would be Gangplank Galleon.

Lorekeeper Zinnia might just be my favourite new remix. A genuine banger, through and through. The battles I've had with this playing instantly feel more intense as a result.

I'm not sure if Beneath the Mask is any better remixed compared to its mellow original, but I appreciate it for being a funky and uptempo version of what is a chill tune.

MEGALOVANIA honestly doesn't start that much differently from the original version, but then Toby Fox decides that he wants the credit of having the best remix of this track and kicks it into overdrive around 1:45. The wee hints of Bonetrousle, Heartache and ASGORE in there didn't go unnoticed!

I think Castlevania might just have got the most love in the music department in SSBU. There's two here that I particularly love. Lost Painting is one of my favourite tracks from SotN and I love how they've made this a groovier version whilst still maintaining that almost ethereal nature of the original track. And then there's CERTIFIED BANGER. God, what a tune. I've changed my mind - this is my favourite remix. It takes everything I loved about the original tune from Rondo of Blood and ramps it up to 11.

Actually, I've just remembered another two utter crackers. Vega Stage perfectly encapsulates that character - preening and dangerous. That opening piano is perfect and the launch into the Spanish guitar is ace. God, this game's soundtrack! Also, this. Those strings. That guitar. Give me more.

Right, I should stop before I post this game's OST in entirety in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 12:06

Still managed a good chunk though. Laughing

Admission: I didn't go through and listen to all the Castlevania remixes because there are loads and I have no attachment to the franchise. Obviously Bloody Tears and Vampire Killer are tremendous though, because of course they are. Those two are... good. I think I'd need to listen to them more to develop that attachment though.

Lorekeeper and Megalovania benefit from both being amazing tunes from the off. They're both great tunes with good remixes and deserve mentions. Thumbs Up! I considered posting the Vega tune too: based on their music, Zinnia and Vega should be shipped more often.

Brinstar is good. They're all good! I do prefer the more up-tempo remixes in general though.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyThu 19 Sep 2019 - 22:04

On the back of finishing Katamari Damacy REROLL, I want to highlight two bangin' tunes:

Katamari on the Rocks (i.e. the main theme

Encapsulates the delightful batshittery of the game. NAAAA NA NA NA NA NA NA NAA NA KATAMARI DAMACYYYY

Angel Flavor's Present (Angel Gifts)

What does that title mean? Nobody knows. But this song, from a level about midway through the game, just has a really peculiar and wonderful feeling to it, and I love the way it builds up in a frantic crescendo.

I'll only take up about 10 minutes of your time with music though. Any longer than that, and even the King of All Cosmos can't be expected to wait.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyFri 20 Sep 2019 - 21:58

I think that first tune might be in the best fifty or so videogame tunes ever. It's a thing of utter wonder. The way the second one builds is rather charming too. I'm a sucker for a good build-up! (wistfully thinks of Tarrey Town and Vah Naboris)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 15:02

Fuck the national anthem. Stick her under the guillotine, replace it with the theme song from only fools and horses.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2019 - 17:06

Presumably the Queen too is a zombie in Cappa's variant.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptySun 27 Oct 2019 - 16:55

I've just bought the whole Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soundtrack of iTunes for the princely some of £30. Shocked While that's a lot, it's also 105 tracks from one of the best soundtracks on Switch.  In fact, I'd say it's in my top five.  It's also reminded me how good the game was - easy to forget, since I tend to remember the bad things about JRPGs more than the good things, but it's easily the best of the bunch on Switch that I've played.

Anyway, as a result I've restored the original music post to actually work.  Some tremendous tunes there, but I've been reminded how excellent, for example, the very first town/trade ship is, or the normal 'boring' battle theme.  (Although, for those who've played the game, that'll be permanently replaced by this version in my head.  RIP in peace Patched-Out Mor Ardain Grunt wanna run 2 u xx.)

For the rest of you who haven't played the game ( Sad ), what are your top five Switch soundtracks so far?  I'd say it's this, Celeste, Odyssey, Smash, and then it depends if Wii U edits are allowed - if so Tropical Freeze, if not maybe Octopath.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:30

Balla wrote:
what are your top five Switch soundtracks so far?

Good question. In no set order I'll go with:

Cadence of Hyrule
Celeste
The Messenger
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:45

GRIS
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Oxenfree
Night in the Woods
Final Fantasy IX

Are what come to mind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 10 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next