We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Jimbob
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 19:38

I'm pretty sure Treesmurf has done this on Twitter as well!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 20:24

I'd join in, sure.

If we're doing it on here, we could do a *really* hard mode where nobody repeats any games anybody's posted before...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 20:33

Question does it have to be Nintendo as I'm going to really struggle otherwise (lot of older stuff may have been ported anyway)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 20:42

If we play Cappa's version we might need an 'other platforms' loophole... (Up for really hard mode, natch.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 21:05

I'd be humped if we couldn't use other platforms!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyWed 29 Jul 2020 - 22:28

Yeah, I think I'd struggle with Nintendo-only, even though that's probably most of the music I remember! But otherwise I would also like to participate, even though I usually pick music that everyone hates.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 1:25

I'll do it. I may go Nontendo, if that "triggers" you then I'm not sorry, suck my red-blooded, America PENIS because I AM A MAN. Also, not gonna commit to that "Hard Mode", your mum sees my "Hard Mode" every night, I'm bald and I do WHAT I WANT.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:30

That's word for word what I was going to say
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2020 - 19:24

Nontendo thread amnesty it is. First challenge up tomorrow I guess!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 8:29

30-Day Video Game Music Challenge! Day 1: Title Screen Music

Good luck not repeating this most obvious game...A Shadow's Tale on Wii.

A Shadow's Tale a very atmospheric puzzle platformer where you control a shadow that's become seperated from it's body. You control everything in the background and solve puzzles by playing around with light and distance. It's quite clever. The title theme sets the tone brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 9:47

I'll listen to yours after work Cappa but for me, as soon as I heard "title theme" this track was in my head:

Unique, atmospheric, exciting and a little bit scary; the perfect introduction to a true masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 10:44

I'm hoping Buska's going to duck out of Really Hard Mode at some point, because I'd love to use MP1 down the line. Tongue Absolutely tremendous title music, and it's a compliment I think that Cappa's choice could've come out of the same franchise.

I flitted between two choice for this, but in the end, there's one title screen theme that evokes more emotions in me than any other:

If you can ignore the MIDI, and the shoddy wolf howl at the end, this is truly glorious.  It sets the tone perfectly for a darker Zelda that's still got a lot of triumph and joy to give.

That excessive bloom though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 11:06

Buskalilly wrote:
I'll listen to yours after work Cappa but for me, as soon as I heard "title theme" this track was in my head:

Unique, atmospheric, exciting and a little bit scary; the perfect introduction to a true masterpiece.

At launch I definitely remember being pulled in by this title theme and sitting there for several minutes soaking it all in even though I was stupidly excited to play it.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 11:37

My pick for title screen music goes to Bit.Trip Flux, which has the accolade of being the only Bit.Trip game I managed to beat! I'm not crazy about chiptune music or anything but I love the thumping bass and the pace of this one. Gets me hyped for some impossible Bit.Trip action!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 12:09

I really like the melody in Rum's choice, but it's a bit too busy for me. There's a squeaky beepy thing that first appears at 0:13 that seems to be making up the countermelody or something, and it sets my teeth on edge.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 15:04

@Cappa: I hadn't previously heard of that gam, but it sounds really interesting and that track was decent.

@balla: That one was another one I had in mind so I'm very glad someone else nominated. I've already said I don't care about your hard mode or really hard more or all that, so if you're waiting for my blessing to use other MP tracks, you have it I guess?

@rum: That was pretty nice. I was expecting more bass and pace from your description though . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 16:06

I've always wanted to play Shadow Tale but it's now a £60, which I know I've spent more and will on GameCube amongst others but is a lot for a Wii game

I'm sorry to spoil the Nintendo fun
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 16:32

Boo

The echoing choral stuff at the start sounded like a game trying too hard, and the string section after that feels like it was interrupted before it got going - but the last segment was good stuff, a real orchestral conflict feel. I can't dislike the first Nontendo piece of the thread! Disappointing.

Buskalilly wrote:
I've already said I don't care about your hard mode or really hard more or all that, so if you're waiting for my blessing to use other MP tracks, you have it I guess?

It's all in challenging ourselves if we like that kind of thing, right? And giving ourselves the level of challenge we're happy with. For now I'm happy to strike MP1 from my list. Might change later.

...actually looking at the list there's no snowy music, so probably wouldn't have used MP1 for anything after all!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 17:03

Balladeer wrote:
I really like the melody in Rum's choice, but it's a bit too busy for me.  There's a squeaky beepy thing that first appears at 0:13 that seems to be making up the countermelody or something, and it sets my teeth on edge.

Buskalilly wrote:
@rum: That was pretty nice. I was expecting more bass and pace from your description though . . .

I don't like either of you
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 17:11

The Halo opening is an all-timer.

Yes, even the choir bit.Balla you've really embarrassed yourself there.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySat 1 Aug 2020 - 22:03

As I mentioned to Balla on Twitter I'd done this challenge a couple of months back but I'm gonna try again here without repeating any of my previous games as well, so I'll probably give up after a week, anyway here goes:

Have some Wii Sports for your earholes, I don't know how they did it but if you asked me what family sports fun sounded like then I couldn't picture anything more perfect than this.

My previous choice:

I played A Shadow's Tale and I'm utterly bewildered as to why I sold it, good game, I don't remember the title music but Cappa is spot on when he says it sets the tone brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 0:54

Wii Sports was perfection. We'll never see its like again.

30-Day Video Game Music Challenge! Day 2: First Level Music

There are several likely candidates for great opening level tracks, natch, but I'm all about E1M1 from DOOM. It perfectly sets the stage for the violence which is about to happen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 7:02

Openings level's you say
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 12:56

Wii Sports is perhaps the correct answer to the previous question.  Lovely tune there.  Halo's choral bit is as trying-too-hard-to-be-a-film and not-meshing-with-the-belting-third-section as it was yesterday.

The other idea I had for yesterday was the Prelude from basically any Final Fantasy.  Beautiful evocative harp.  Anyway!

Probably my favourite first level music!  Sets the tone brilliantly, and gets the toes a-tapping, while still having a great hummable melody.  The best bit of the game IMO.

Buska's sets the mood nicely and is probably great in context but has no melody to speak of, so it's not for me.  Mas' choice is too much of a classic for me to comment on - it'd be like feeding back on the Super Mario Bros. theme.  I will say that it's one of the few retro pieces I have turned to high frequency on Smash, but that's at least partly due to a lot of Sonic's other soundtracks...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 EmptySun 2 Aug 2020 - 14:28

Uh-oh a bit late. I liked the Bit-Trip Flux music!
Uh, day 1:

Link to the Past opening theme - I don't think there had been anything like this that really conveyed how epic your adventure was going to be. A bit odd without the text scrolling noise at the same time though!
Trying to avoid doing honorable mentions as there's one other theme to a piece of old crap that keeps coming up

Day 2:

Yeah! Bob-omb Battlefield. Hey you! You're playing the game properly now, and it's like nothing you've ever played, lad. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0   Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0 - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official(?) Nintendo Consoles Music Thread v2.0
Page 16 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 39  Next