We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
shanks
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
Muss
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySun 1 Oct 2017 - 16:35

See I wouldn't mind something like Halo as I used to love it but now it's muh and I've not played a really good FPS for ages, do I think Metroid Prime 4 will be that? No!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 16:49

Who's behind the game:

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 18:42

That gives me the fear, pls don't fuck this up.........PLS.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 18:49

I have to admit that once I knew that Retro weren't going to be the developers of this, I was hoping it would be Nintendo themselves. I agree with Jas that this has to be right. *wishes we had a crossed fingers emoticon*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 20:44

Oh... oh. Er. I don't know what to think. I'm sure Nintendo will keep a close eye on things. The synopsis for SW1313 doesn't look bad, Mas could be right, but... er.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 21:03

ZeroJones wrote:
I have to admit that once I knew that Retro weren't going to be the developers of this, I was hoping it would be Nintendo themselves. I agree with Jas that this has to be right. *wishes we had a crossed fingers emoticon*

It was always going to be outsourced as you can sort of guess what all the Nintendo teams are doing or done recently. Sure they could get kids like Splatoon but that was a fresh IP not something like Metroid, I know this a similar thing a unproven studio but they have at least have some pedigree.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 23:03

Senior staff involved in previous Metroids will still be leading the project, and Bandai Namco obviously have ties to FROM. I'm pretty sure we're in very safe hands, guys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 5:55

masofdas wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

It was always going to be outsourced as you can sort of guess what all the Nintendo teams are doing or done recently. Sure they could get kids like Splatoon but that was a fresh IP not something like Metroid, I know this a similar thing a unproven studio but they have at least have some pedigree.

For me it's just an odd treatment of what is arguably their third biggest game series after Mario and Zelda, and considering the games that were just produced for those I really want the same for Metroid. Anyhow I might just be overly worrying about it since its my favourite Nintendo series but considering how well the last outsourced console Metroid game went I dont think Im wrong to feel like it deserves better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 8:24

I think we've got to face facts that Nintendo don't see it that way, Jas. I reckon they see Pokémon in third, and the likes of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and even Fire Emblem before Metroid these days. Hopefully everybody buys this and proves them wrong.

And while the last outsourced Metroid home console game went badly (according to people who played it), the last outsourced Metroid console game was MSR. It was pretty good! So it can be done. Albeit I'd hope this game has more charm and atmosphere than much of MSR did.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 10:54

I think Pokemon is a little too removed from Nintendo's internal goings-on to be considered the third pillar. However, if yoou come to Japan you'll see that right now the triforce is Mario, Zelda and Splatoon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 15:45

I was going to say similar to Balla, I think historically Metroid is a big series and the "Nintendo" fans on sties like us, it still is a big deal and why Nintendo can show a image of a title screen and not release the game till 2019.

But at the end of the day Nintendo are a business and if I was a share holder I wouldn't think it's big at all compared to the likes of Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem.

I would personally say Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest franchise by a mile if you want to include it but Drunka might right that it's own weird thing which can have a company just for it.

Other M, I've not played and funnily enough is likely the Metroid game I'd most likely like was from a proven studio where Samus Returns was from a studio who made two Metroidvanias before it and neither where good, yet look out how the game turned out.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 16:21

So long as they give Samus some mature jiggle physics then none of this matters.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 18:00

It is about time we saw more of the Zero Suit... and I mean that in a genuine, non-pervy sense, honestly! A great mechanic to ratchet up the - dread. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 18:07

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 Stupid-sexy-flanders-o
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 18:17

ZeroJones wrote:
It is about time we saw more of the Zero Suit... and I mean that in a genuine, non-pervy sense, honestly! A great mechanic to ratchet up the - dread. Cool

You have a Zero suit? Always wondered why you were called ZeroJones. Winky Face

-----

I understand what everyone is saying it's just that a Metroid-like/vania is a tough genre to get right especially in 3d & even Retro went a little too shootybang for the third Prime.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 6:58

The_Jaster wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

You have a Zero suit? Always wondered why you were called ZeroJones. Winky Face

It's comfy and easy to wear! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 17:58

Muss wrote:
So long as they give Samus some mature jiggle physics then none of this matters.

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 5a15bba424d0c

'Samus Pyra' is not a Google search I'd gladly repeat.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Feb 2018 - 21:10

Drunkalilly wrote:
Senior staff involved in previous Metroids will still be leading the project, and Bandai Namco obviously have ties to FROM. I'm pretty sure we're in very safe hands, guys.
This is the important point to take away from this story, all the framework is there and they'll get pointed in the right direction (if needed) so I'm sure it'll be great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Feb 2018 - 21:19

I posted elsewhere about numbers and I know Jas isn't a fan but on this week's NVG Peer basically saying same as me, Namco trusted with SMASH Nintendo's 3rd best selling series that he couldn't see why the 15th best selling game wouldn't be trusted to them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 12:48

It's more that's there's a chance that it could turn out bad and no matter how small that chance might be I'd rather it wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 13:24

There's always a chance a game could go bad though? Nintendo aren't totally infallible and I don't see them not watching over the game and ensuring it meets certain standards.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 13:30

True, but when have Nintendo botched one of their big games? A Mario & Zelda etc. (No mas BotW doesn't count)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 13:44

Oh yeah, obviously their hit rate is crazy high and I'm assuming your biggest concern is how Other M went down, but I'm sure they've learnt from that. At the end of the day if they don't have the talent in house or resources to do it justice I'd sooner see it from a collaboration than not see it at all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 16:03

Crumpy Andy wrote:
There's always a chance a game could go bad though? Nintendo aren't totally infallible and I don't see them not watching over the game and ensuring it meets certain standards.

You'd think going back to SMASH4 for instance, Namco developed but Sakurai was still the director and with Prime 4, Tanabe is overseeing a talented new development team to (actual quote from Bill Trinen) work on Prime 4.

Where he didn't for Other M.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2018 - 19:50

My personal opinion is that it isn't worth worrying about it at this stage. The game's too far away to know one way or another whether Namco's involvement will be good or bad. At least they're not Team Ninja.

The minute we get introduced to the cast of kooky NPCs, I'll worry. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?   Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime 4 - What are we waiting 4?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next