We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch

Go down 
+6
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:16

Drunka's a big Mass Effect fan and Jay's the one plugging this. I outweeb the both of you! 🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:19

But do you listen to J-POP?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:19

閉め切る
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:29

JayMoyles wrote:
"King of Weebs, Shin Nihon JayMoyles".

Balladeer wrote:
Drunka's a big Mass Effect fan and Jay's the one plugging this.  I outweeb the both of you! 🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

Drunkalilly wrote:
閉め切る

GENTS! Put the weebs down you might open up some sort of vortex.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:42

So, LA Noire, eh? Out on November 14th, I read recently. I'll probably still be knee deep in Odyssey at that point, but third party supporter gonna support third parties.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:44

To western for me, I'll stick to Nights of Azure 2 with its fanservice.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 1:32

ZeroJones wrote:
So, LA Noire, eh? Out on November 14th, I read recently. I'll probably still be knee deep in Odyssey at that point, but third party supporter gonna support third parties.

I think with its release date being so close to Chrimbo, I'll end up asking for it from the family. It'll make a fine ol' Xmas game. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Nov 2017 - 21:16

Blimey - that's a hefty download. 14Gb is enormous - it feels like it's going to be mandatory to get a big SD card on board your Switch, if you're going to be wanting the bigger games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2017 - 1:41

The file sizes for this & Doom have put me off getting the games a little bit as I currently have about 62Gb between my sd card & system memory, even though that's plenty for these games that doesn't leave me with a whole lot for any eShop games that take my fancy.

I suppose I could just play through them to completion then delete to get it all back but I feel like I'd end up rushing myself through because of that.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2017 - 10:09

Is it time for a maybe likes of GAME to do deals like get this SD card for this price when bought with this game as these games aren't big in the grand schemes of things (Forza 7 is 110GB) but are for the system and you would think games will only get bigger as time goes on.

I said in the DOOM thread that's only two games of November, when the Switch is getting 30 at retail then all the eShop titles like Rocket League even if you only pick it up two retail games and a couple downloads that's it a new SD Card.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2017 - 18:47

That would be helpful but the devs should honestly be doing a better job at compressing the data to reduce the file sizes, especially so for LA Noire when it is a 6 year old ps3/360 game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2017 - 20:48

It wasn't that long ago that I was stressing out about the Wii's 512 MB of flash memory. Aww!

LA Noire - I had it for years on 360 and couldn't be arsed to start it. What's the GNamer consensus, is it worth a second look?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Nov 2017 - 20:32

Can't say I'm afraid, never played it - and to be honest the memory fiasco makes it look more likely that I never will. I do feel Nintendo and third parties have to meet halfway on this, but massive day one patches for retail games isn't really on. Especially patches bigger than the Switch's (available) internal memory.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Nov 2017 - 11:53

LA Noire on 360 was 3 Disc's I believe Jas and we've now got some new content. I don't know if they could do a better job then they're doing with compressing data but
I'm not sure what 3rd parties can do, if they want to bring big games to the Switch and the Switch has limited space from a download point of view, what can they really do.

Imagine if Forza 7 was on Switch, that's up-to 110gb and unfortunately some games are that big now.

Physically sure they can make bigger carts but then will they cost even more then they do now and will we Switch games £20 more then PS4 games due to the 50gb cart cost like back in the day with the N64 and Res Evil 2.

Day One patches is something I've just got used as it's been something for 12 years now on console since the 360.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Nov 2017 - 19:43

@mas - It was that many discs on 360 probably because of the capacity they held & again likely poor compression of the data, it really isn't something that should be accepted as "some games are that big now." I get that my expectations are higher because of the magic Nintendo pulls off at times with their games in how much memory they take up but I'm not even thinking 3rd parties should be to held to that same standard but it definitely should be a little better. (Maybe sitting at around 7 - 10GB for LA Noire at most)

You're correct that the limited space of the Switch doesn't help the matter & Nintendo probably should allow us to attach an external hard drive for docked mode. Anyhow I still plan to get the game but it just sucks that I am not going to be able to play the game at my own pace or I'll have to do a lot of data management which also sucks.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Nov 2017 - 22:09

I get likes of LA Noire maybe should be that sort of size but due to the Switches popularity will we see more ports from this gen like DOOM and will they be some of these games which are like 50GB on PS4ONE.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Nov 2017 - 22:40

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It wasn't that long ago that I was stressing out about the Wii's 512 MB of flash memory. Aww!

LA Noire - I had it for years on 360 and couldn't be arsed to start it. What's the GNamer consensus, is it worth a second look?

If you've never started it I'd say so, it's enjoyable enough if you like those story driven type games, I don't think I'd double dip though personally having played through it already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 15:15

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I'd say it is. It's properly story-driven though, so I'm not sure how up your alley it'd be. The shooting's alright, but the real meat of the game is in the investigation and interrogation bits. It plays closer to an adventure game with some driving and shooting interspersed between the crime-solving.

I've got my preorder in (had some Tesco points saved up, so got it for a decent price) and I'm quite keen to get investigating with Cole Phelps again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 16:00

Here's the Switch trailer.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 16:07

The touchscreen stuff does look good and what is enticing me to the Switch version over the PS4.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 16:24

Going by what Jay said above & these touchscreen controls this could be one to play while in full relax mode lying on a couch/bed.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 22:27

Oh aye, definitely whilst you're investigating or interrogating. But the game will no doubt then spring a chase scene or a shootout on you right after and there goes your rest and relaxation. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 22:54

Ahh at least it also sounds decent in TV mode too then.

http://www.godisageek.com/2017/11/la-noire-switch-htc-vive-vr-preview/
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 23:07

Ah, that part about them having "Good Cop/Bad Cop/Accuse" replacing "Truth/Doubt/Lie" is an interesting one. It was sometimes a bit tricky to gauge what response you should give following a suspect's statement and their subsequent expression, so I hope that the new system takes away some of the doubt from the interrogations.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 23:11

*reads Jay's post*

*plays bad cop*

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch   LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LA Noire - I knew this port was trouble the moment she walked into my Switch
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next