Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's Your 'Quick' Game?

Go down 
+11
nupkin
ZeroJones
shanks
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

What's Your 'Quick' Game? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 15:19

Yeah. You know, those games you play when you don't have a lot of time on your hands but fancy a spot of gaming. The sort of ones you squeeze into a ten minute session.

Bonsai Barber on WiiWare is mine - with it's five-a-day haircut limit, it's the perfect ten minute game. Sonic CD on my Android phone also gets quick playthroughs fairly often, particularly when I'm on my break at work.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 16:23

Most recently it would be Pac-Man. Good for a quick burst when I'm at a loose end. Tetris would be another good one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 17:21

Minesweeper. I'm not very good at it.

What's Your 'Quick' Game? DgdFogx
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 17:37

I've never actually beaten Expert. Then again, I've never tried very hard.

Anyway, this changes for me, and sadly I don't have one at the moment. The SSB franchise are usually good (beat up a few max-difficulty CPUs), as is Meteos (beat up a few max-difficulty CPUs), but Brawl is a pain to get into on the Wii U and the other options just feel... old. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 18:01

Appropriately for today, I do know a lot of people leave Football Manager running in the background all day, then pop in for five minutes to do a few matches, then alt-tab back out.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 18:44

Mine will always be a handheld game, if it's not for at least an hour I wouldn't be turning a console on. At the moment it's between Sound Shapes and Plants Vs Zombies. I like the way games pause on the Vita. I've never liked leaving my DS on standbye because it might run out of power and lose my progress but that's not an issue with the Vita!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyWed 8 May 2013 - 20:10

On the Wii/U it's Light Trax.
On the PC? Minecraft. Except Minecraft is impossible to play as a "quick" game. I don't sleep as much as I should it turns out.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 6:12

After missing my train on Tuesday it was bumpy road on my iTouch that was my quick game, I really should take my GB micro out with me more often though.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 6:38

On my 3DS it's Pokemon Rumble.
On my phone it's Jetpack Joyride
On my iPad it's injustice (at the moment)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 7:22

The 3DS game of choice in this category is Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo. Kung Fu Rabbit is the Wii U king at the minute, although where I'm at right now, ten minutes tends to get me through one level. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 10:16

I play "quick" games on my iPhone when I'm on the Tube and it's usually Tap Defense, Field Runners or Plants v Zombies.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyThu 9 May 2013 - 13:01

2 FAST 4 GNOMZ
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 22:42

At the moment, it seems to be Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. There is a gameplay mode to suit any length of spare time you want, and it's sometimes nice just to blast through a two to three minute song.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 10:46

Rhythm Games are perfect for this. At the moment Jam With The Band is mine on DS, Rayman Jungle Run on my phone and The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character on Vita.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 11:02

Tetris, usually. Although lately it's been Fate/unlimited codes.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 11:19

Tetris is the only game I actually have on my phone, so it does get played if I'm at the bank or something and don't have my DS. Or, more often, if I'm using my DS to listen to music or a podcast and can't be bothered to stop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your 'Quick' Game?   What's Your 'Quick' Game? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your 'Quick' Game?
Page 1 of 1