We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)

Go down 
+24
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Buskalilly
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Gwyn400
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Admin
Crumpy Andy
rlsniper789
Silver light
NintenDUCK
Kyranitar
ZeroJones
Kezz182
shanks
Balladeer
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Best Starters?
Gen. 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_lcap47%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gen. 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_lcap27%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Gen. 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_lcap13%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Gen. 4: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_lcap7%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gen. 5: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_lcap0%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gen. 6: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_lcap6%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 17:40

Status report: Finally after almost ten hours of game time have reached the second gym.  Only to find out of the five of the Pokemon I've been raising four are weak to rock type moves and the fifth is Pikachu.  Duh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 18:43

If anyone's managed to find a Dusk Stone NOT through Super Training, please let me know where! I have a sword thing in dire need of one.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 19:28

Well, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I just got Fly, but I can't choose a flying Pokémon to go in my squad. I did catch that one Balla saw earlier, but I've already had to make on heart-breaking choice between two fighting types.

I've gotten on quite well with the new 'mon so far, so the news that there are only
Spoiler:
is pretty lame.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling they've deliberately gone for a really non-threatening evil team to make up for the last couple getting too deep/ dark?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 19:39

I've noticed that there aren't many boxes in Someone's PC.

Forgive me for being cynical, but is that because they want to push a certain $5-a-year service or do more unlock?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 19:45

The same company behind the Rumble U figurines? Surely not.

Buskalilly wrote:
Well, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I just got Fly, but I can't choose a flying Pokémon to go in my squad. I did catch that one Balla saw earlier, but I've already had to make on heart-breaking choice between two fighting types.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling they've deliberately gone for a really non-threatening evil team to make up for the last couple getting too deep/ dark?
Who did you choose as a flier, Busk?

If anything, I'd say that the evil team is the best in the series. They're not just "take over the world, take over the world". Their boss is misguided but well-intentioned, and all the more real for it. And if the team's not as dark, the story is. Much more, so in fact. I'd love to play a "Pokémon game for adults" that centred around X/Y's backstory. Alas...

In other news, Rum has been consigned to the box. She had a good run, but her final form was hideous. She had no chance up against the box monster.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 19:53

BallaDEER wrote:
Who did you choose as a flier, Busk?
Umm... I'm just making do without at the moment!

Quote :

If anything, I'd say that the evil team is the best in the series.  They're not just "take over the world, take over the world".  Their boss is misguided but well-intentioned, and all the more real for it.  And if the team's not as dark, the story is.  Much more, so in fact.  I'd love to play a "Pokémon game for adults" that centred around X/Y's backstory.  Alas...
Huh. Maybe I just haven't gotten far enough yet? Though he did promote genocide just now...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:00

Sorry - fighter. Misread. Duh! And he goes... no, I won't say anything yet! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:07

Yeah, sticking with Lucario at the moment because mega evolving looked fun. He's been a fave of mine since he appeared, but for a while there I thought he might get replaced by Pangoro in the dream team. I like bears, but I can live with just having one on my team if it means keeping the Ancient Egyptian Gaurdian of the Scale, Lord of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:12

Wrestling caped bird and wild Eevee get!  The gym battle was a nail biter, that blue dinosaur thing just didn't want to die, and then Tyrunt came in and ran through my weakened team like a hot knife through butter before succumbing to sheer numbers.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:14

Heading to the 3rd gym, this is my team at the moment and more likely will stay my team on X

Frogadier, Charmeleon, Combusken, Lucario, Eevee and Tyrunt all about Level 25
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:16

ALL HAIL THE CAPEBIRD.  He even gets a unique (as far as I know) move to go along with his unique typing.

Are they doing some Torchic event at the moment? I really like Blaziken, you see.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:18

Yeah, you just need to go on Mystery Gift. Mine is sat in the box, where he'll probably stay until I start to worry about the Pokedex.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:40

*raises hand* I, er... I've just done the first Gym. Seemed a bit simple, really. There's a wealth of Pokémon to be had early on, which makes a nice change of pace.

early Pokémon X/Y monsters:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 20:48

Yeah, I hated them in black and white and I hate them now. Lazy, cheap designs which make your choice of starter irrelevant.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 21:44

Well, I'm going to stick with my starter! Those Pokémon I mentioned are rubbish; they're slow to level up and I've had more powerful Twixes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 21:46

Which was your starter, Zero? At least two of them look amazing when they evolve.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 21:48

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 21:52

Chespin, whom I have humourously named Hawk. He looked so cute with his little hat! He also harks back to my Pokémon Red days, when I chose Bulbasaur as my starter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 21:59

Ah. Slow-burner, that one. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:03

There's this woman in Lumiose city who won't let me in her shop because I'm not stylish enough. Because of a combination of that epic burn and the fact that it seems like the only place I'd be able to Suit Up, I've become obsessed with getting in. Gym 5 can wait!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:22

BallaDEER wrote:
One thing I haven't mentioned yet is the music.  It's pretty great.  The first original main-series Pokémon game since RSE to make me notice it... in a good way.
Yes! I *love* the music. Was a bit unsure at first but after a few hours I found myself humming the tunes. The gym leader boss battle music is excellent, and I like how the 'friends' tune is used several times in different ways. Strong battle themes and distinctive town music too.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:24

I don't know what it is about it, but I love the music in the little buildings between routes.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 2:07

Does anyone know if there is a fairy type TM about I can use or will Eevee learn a move later on?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 5:38

I got both games, my daughter taking X and leaving me with Y.  I refuse to accept a single starter Pokemon, so I am restarting my game repeatedly until both of us have all 6 Pokemon.  My daughter already has all 6 and I have two transferred to her for safe keeping.  Technically, that means I only have to do it two more times (the second being the one I continue), but my obsessive behaviour says that I want all 6 Pokemon multiplied by the number of times they evolve.  That means I have one of every character at all the levels.  I figure I need to do it an extra 12 times.  It only takes just over an hour to complete each time.  Then I will finally play the game properly.

Why settle for 2 when you can have them all!

I am surprised there isn't a factory in China with 5 year olds doing the same thing and then selling them online Cool 

I also get an extra Torchic every time I restart the game - I have 2 already.  I wasn't sure if the Mystery Gift allowed for repeated downloads, but it does.

What I have noticed so far is how much the game reminds me of Dragon Quest on the DS.  It shares very similar graphics, but obviously better.  Plus, some of the music really reminds me of Dragon Quest music.  So all in all, I really can't wait for a proper 3DS Dragon Quest game, preferably XI, but also Monsters.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 9:16

OS, you're insane! Mind you, all three starters would be a very nice starting point for a team. I agree with Buska in really liking what they've done there.

Buskalilly wrote:
There's this woman in Lumiose city who won't let me in her shop because I'm not stylish enough. Because of a combination of that epic burn and the fact that it seems like the only place I'd be able to Suit Up, I've become obsessed with getting in. Gym 5 can wait!
There's another place in the game where you have to be "cool" to get in. I said "sod it" and moved on.

shanks wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a fairy type TM about I can use or will Eevee learn a move later on?
I thought there were a couple in its moveset? Does it not learn Charm, or Baby-Doll Eyes, or anything like that? Anyway, the first Fairy-type TM doesn't come for ages, and I don't know if Eevee can learn it.

In other news, I found my Dusk Stone. I prefer Doublade to its evolution, to tell the truth, but I can't argue with the magic of Stance Change. Beemoh just keeps getting more and more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)
Page 21 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next