Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)

Go down 
+10
Muss
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
masofdas
EofGizmo
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) Empty
PostSubject: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 21:42

No sign of Jay today, I'm doing this.

The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) Video_38565

Now with one screen and new content. TWEWY on the big screen for the first time is a very exciting prospect indeed... as is the thought of what might happen if this sells.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 6:29

The World Ends With You 2/Too is a long-held forum dream, I'd say - but this will more than do in the meantime. I wonder how the controls will be rejigged without the dual screens of the DS, and whether I'll be able to handle it this time. Embarrassed

Another thought: is this the start of big handheld games on the Switch? Nintendo's wonder machine has proved it can do the big screen experiences time and time again, after all. Let's see how the little screen experiences shape up. Love
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 9:34

Very happy about this, TWEWY is a game I've always wanted to get but was always a little too pricey for me to justify for such an old DS game. I can finally rectify that here!
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 12:33

Very excited to play this again and the new content is a bonus!

I think you are spot with this being the start of big handheld titles finding a home on the Switch, I think the variety of games that are possible with a hybrid machine will start to become apparent this year with titles like this at one end and dark souls/wolfenstein at the other!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 12:37

Ooh I do hope so. Ghost Trick 2 LGI.

Also, Infinite Space Switch can finally deliver the epic space opera the original game didn't quite have the tech. to deliver! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 20:44

This was the most exciting thing from the Direct as I did play very briefly on DS but didn't get on with it, I think due to the two screens that I hope single screen means I'm good with this version along with my taste in games also changing as well since when I played it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptySun 14 Jan 2018 - 0:29

I picked it up on DS but ended up having to sell it on before getting around to playing it.
I doubt I'd go back to that version now, but I'm well up for seeing what the fuss is about on Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 15:04

...old game, old news. Moving on. Sleep

Okay, I actually had to come back to the thread after initially just posting that because I'm well too bloody excited to even pretend to be uninterested. Laughing

The prospect of getting to play this again with brand new content was like a pipe-dream for me, but I'm absolutely over the moon that I'm getting to do just that. I was initially a wee bit wary of how they were scrapping the dual screen combat, but it seems like they'll be substituting that with Joycon controls. I'm sure it'll work well.

I'm excited to read about everyone's experiences. The TWEWY thread back on the ol' ship was a treat to revisit during this game's heyday and whilst it'd be ludicrous to expect the same level of activity as back then, I'll be revisiting this thread often to share my own thoughts on this port. This really is one of my favourite games, if not my most favourite, and it's helping to cement the Switch as my favourite console of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 19:36

Blimey, that thread! That was a corker, although I'm sure you made more than half the posts in it. Laughing You and... Darunia, was it? Maybe? There was a hardcore crew of TWEWY enthusiasts who clocked up a stupid number of posts between 'em, and I think you may be the only one left... Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 21:05

There were a few names that contributed most of the posts in that thread, but it was definitely myself and Darunia that made the most. That's where my Neku avatar spawned from! Only enthusiast left from there... but I'm sure they're all as excited as I am to play this. Grin
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyMon 22 Jan 2018 - 13:39

Never seen this coming, didn't give it much of a chance when I had it on the DS so will be a day one from me. A release like this makes me feel anything is possible with Nintendo at the moment (F-Zero) and it may even pave the way for a proper sequel I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyMon 22 Jan 2018 - 20:05

Treesmurf wrote:
A release like this makes me feel anything is possible with Nintendo at the moment (F-Zero)...

Steady now. Down that path lies nowt but disappointment. Naughty
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyTue 23 Jan 2018 - 8:23

I'm up for giving this a try again since my taste in games has changed a fair bit over the years, also maybe I won't back myself into a corner of needing to grind this time & actually beat the boss I got stuck on.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyTue 23 Jan 2018 - 16:47

Never played so I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyTue 23 Jan 2018 - 22:02

Balladeer wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
A release like this makes me feel anything is possible with Nintendo at the moment (F-Zero)...

Steady now.  Down that path lies nowt but disappointment. Naughty
But for the first time as a Nintendo fan it seems like nothing can possibly go wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 17:15

The_Jaster wrote:
I'm up for giving this a try again since my taste in games has changed a fair bit over the years, also maybe I won't back myself into a corner of needing to grind this time & actually beat the boss I got stuck on.

The trick is to do a few fights in each area - try out different pins and different strategies. So long as you're gaining a level here or there, you shouldn't need to grind.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 24 Jan 2018 - 19:21

Treesmurf wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:

But for the first time as a Nintendo fan it seems like nothing can possibly go wrong.

The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) 927
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 12:05

We've got box art and Nintendo is publishing, at least that's something from E3 on this so far as could turn up at Treehouse I guess.
The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) Search?q=twewy&src=typd
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 19:09

Surprised it didn't get a bit more attention in the conference to be honest. We still know very little about it.

Treesmurf wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:

Then E3 happened. Tongue
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:17

I mean, it's a port - there's not a wealth of information they can really give for it, no? I'd still like to know more about how it controls stripped from its DS shackles, so I reckon I'll check out a review or two before launch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 19:08

The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) Original

That was announced in Japan, I'm not too sure on this special edition.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 19:16

I'd love it to come over here tbh! Hopefully the release date is a worldwide one!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 20:49

Also we got what is apparently a brand new trailer.  Doesn't have a lot of/any new content in, but hey: it's got Twister sounding great!

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 22:58

masofdas wrote:
The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) Original

That was announced in Japan, I'm not too sure on this special edition.

I'd love some collectable TWEWY things - I'd be all over that.

Balladeer wrote:
Also we got what is apparently a brand new trailer.  Doesn't have a lot of/any new content in, but hey: it's got Twister sounding great!

I don't think we'd seen the little teaser for the new content before...

I can't believe how excited I was watching that trailer. I'm super pumped to wreck fools with Josh and step it up with Beat. And Shiki will be there too.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 1:07

Yeah I'm going to try and import it, I want!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)   The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!) Empty

Back to top Go down

The World Ends With You (Big It Up, Phones!)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next