We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Meetup Thread

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer Meetup Thread Empty
PostSubject: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 19:30

I've heard your cries. I've heard your questions. And I've finally pulled my finger out and got round to making this thread!

It's that time again folks - the time when we start preparing for the big forum meetup! I hope we can get as many folks as possible out this time round. To get us started, we should probably decide on a rough timescale for when we'll be meeting up and also the big one... where?

I'd like to suggest a move away from Newcastle this time round. Let's explore pastures new, no?

Edited (by Zero): tell us the dates you can make here!

Last edited by JayMoyles on Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 15:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 20:08

I am pretty familiar with Manchester and mildly familiar with Leeds. I'm also happy to explore: Newcastle was really new to me and I loved it. In short, up for anything.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 20:11

Happy to travel almost anywhere in the UK, with enough warning... although I'd probably not want to spend much more than a day. I'm a shy fellow, that's enough time for me to associate with new peoples!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 9:21

I'm up for this! For suggestions, somewhere like Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield could be a shout, as they look like they're slap-bang in the middle of most folk. Alternatively, Scotland could be considered of people were interested in having an excuse to come up here. I'd consider ideas across England too.

Times - for me, ideally no sooner than the end of April. May looks promising, June a little bit less so, July much better, August is a bit up in the air. How about youse?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 10:53

There is no chance of April working out for me. Any other month you mention will be good, with July and August being the best. Those teachers and their ruddy holidays, eh? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 11:48

I remember the very first year looking and I think Sheffield was pretty much bang in the middle of me and Jas but I don't know that much about the place.

I've been Manchester before and seems Zero might have some experience as well, that it could be worth a go.

If I have to go further then that then I sooner just go Glasgow for a weeks holiday or something and see if I can get to a Celtic game then go Newcastle for a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 12:22

There is very little in Sheffield.

I figure we're better off thinking about what we're doing. If we're going to just hang out and play games in a room then it doesn't really matter. I still like the idea of getting an airbnb and getting an actual decent room/tv set up. If we're looking into doing something I think we need to figure out what as throwing random cities around without a goal just seems silly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 12:51

What about somewhere with an arcade or that games bar Muss was talking about in Nottingham?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 20:48

As I said in the other thread I can't do May (I'll be at my brothers wedding down in Oxford) so it's looking like July or August might be the best months.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 21:39

Now it's probably too early to narrow it down anywhere near this much, but these days look like they might work for people, so... if we could do July 28-29th or August 4-5th I would be ever so grateful to y'all.

May is out for me too.  (In before, 'No, she's still clinging onto power.')
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 22:15

Definitely neither of Balladeer's dates for me I'm afraid - birthdays and anniversaries on those weekends.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 22:53

Yeah - July 28-29th is also out for me too.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 23:54

For reasons that will become clear in the future I'd like to rule out any time beyond early August.

Location wise I'm easy and happy to travel but I definitely wouldn't say no to the aforementioned Manchester, natch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 8:04

Back to what andyman was saying - I'd want to tie this in with other things, like a night out, or a jaunt to somewhere for something like arcade games, or bowling, or Lazer tag, or something like that. Good drinks, good scran, good games - magic!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 10:29

I've booked most of my holiday's for the new financial year but have got a odd 3 days to book, so I should be good whenever maybe not wherever.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 12:44

Right, so.

My mate's wedding is Friday 11th May.
If I'm coming at all, it'll be that weekend or the one before or after. Still not sure if I'm willing to cough up for flying to the UK and back, so maybe don't plan entirely around my attendance if it means excluding someone else, eg Jas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 14:01

I'm probably quite flexible for dates but I have agreed to a few things over the Summer that I've completely forgotten the dates for. Week around the 2nd of June is one of them though.

If it was set in Nottingham then there's video games bars there, alongside the National Vidja Games arcade. There's also an all you can eat Chinese Buffet that's about £7.50 and hasn't given me food poisoning yet (and ain't that bad) or slightly more pricey, more choicey, buffets in addition to yer usual smattering of pubs/bars/places to eat. There's an American Grill place that's meant to be outstanding but is always fully booked.

There's also the King Billy, Log's pub, one of the Regular Features Podcast lot, which has a lot of different ales (although I've only been there once so I don't remember it too well). Bit of a walk from the highstreet but not too bad. Public transport in Notthingham is pretty decent so you could find Air BnB's in next door towns and be fine if that's the sort of thing we're thinking.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 17:41

I like the sound of Nottingham, been there a few times and there's plenty to do so I'd be up for there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 19:06

Nottingham sounds good actually. Bowling... doesn't. Please don't make me bowl. Aww! Would still quite like to do Scotland as well, although I understand if that's too expensive/time-consuming for Mas and the like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 19:19

Nottingham it sounds like and both Muss & Zero might be able to figure out are plans as they know the place.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 19:29

I'd wait and see how that'd be for the Scotts. I'd still be alright with Newcastle or Manchester. Still not been to the latter, and me girlfs a Geordie.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 22:15

I know the shops of central Nottingham but not the bars, really. I'd be happy to go there, too, natch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 0:00

Muss makes Nottingham sound like a banger!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 13:40

Getting to and back from Nottingham would be a bit more expensive and time-consuming than I'd hoped this would be. I can probably speak for Jaster and Jay when I say that. Unless everybody's really wanting to go there, I think that we should keep it somewhere between us all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 15:29

Yeah and they're are 3 of you from Scotland (that's if all go), where it is just me in the South West now and from looking Glasgow to Nottingham is 4hr 46m where it is only 3hrs 38mins for me.

The actual middle point from google maps is St Helens which is near Manchester.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Meetup Thread
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next