We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Meetup Thread

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 1 Jul 2018 - 20:06

Just Switches or peeps take other things as well?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 2 Jul 2018 - 10:37

The only consoles I've got here are my Switch, PS4, 3DS and SNES Mini. I think we'd have enough between us for playing Switch in between other stuff we'll be doing (pubs, arcades, watching football, going for a scran, that kind of thing).

If Jay could bring a dock, that would be brilliant. Do we need spare JoyCon for anybody?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 2 Jul 2018 - 17:54

Aye I think we will all be sorted on Joycon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 2 Jul 2018 - 18:45

Reckon we'll all have a set of Joycon, but I'll pack my Pro Controller just in case.

I've got the first three Jackbox Party Packs on my Switch so if folks can bring a smart device of some sort - phones or tablets - then we'll get in some rounds on that. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 2 Jul 2018 - 19:51

Yes please! There is no game more fun in local multiplayer than a Jackbox. No game.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 11:17

I'm bringing my Pro, that someone could use my Joy-Cons but sounds like we will have enough controllers as I'm guessing everyone is bring a Switch. Just not bringing my dock that someone bringing one will be useful for charging at least.

You bring up things we might do Cappa but do we know which barcade we're going to etc also we going into City Centre? I guess Friday due to you 3 Scotts and me not to later it's just playing games in the evening?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 15:19

I'd assumed we'd mostly play it by ear in regards to what we'll be getting up to. Andy will be there on the Friday too, Mas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 15:27

Didn't know that and ohh I thought you found a place Jay.

I've only been to Manchester once and all I can remember is that there is an overpriced retro game shop in an old shopping centre.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 15:30

Play it by ear, aye.

I think Friday night depends on when masofdas is arriving. I assumed Andy and Jay would catch up with Jaster and I in the city centre after we've all travelled to Manchester, we'd head over to the flat, hang about for masofdas, and maybe head out locally eventually.

Saturday can be a day for exploring a bit more, and heading to some pubs and arcades we've been recommended, with Balladeer catching up with us whenever suits. Saturday will be interesting, with the England game on at 3pm. Everywhere will be mobbed! I'd imagine we'd head back and play games in the evening, but yeah, play it by ear.

EDIT: I take it treesmurf isn't coming out anymore?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 15:34

I think I'll arrive around 8 or 9 o'clock depending on traffic and if I stop etc I don't mind playing it by ear if we've got recommendations for places to go. Yeah, it will be packed in any pub showing the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 16:23

We might get lucky and find a place that's quiet enough on Saturday afternoon, but I reckon we'll be in the city centre around that time anyway as that's roughly when Balla arrives, if I recall correctly.

I've asked the host of the flat to give me a rough idea of how much taxis cost between the city centre and the flat so we can get a decent idea of how much our transport will be within Manchester. He said it's roughly £8-12 for a taxi although with it being rush hour he recommends using the train to Levenshulme Station as it's only a £3 return seemingly.

When's everyone arriving then over the weekend exactly? I'm getting in at 2:15pm on the Friday.

Jas and Cappa, are either of you two coming through Edinburgh for this or are you direct from Glasgow way all the way down? My train's got a change in Preston at quarter past 1.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 16:34

I'm happy to do whatever, just don't want to be wondering around aimlessly seeing we only really have the one day together, just want to make the most of the time we've got especially if Balla not arriving to Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 18:05

Aye, hopefully we'll get out and about. Me, I'm not too concerned about the costs of taxis and trains, I'll just do what's convenient and quickest, and what other folk are happiest doing.

IIRC, Jaster and I are on the same train that's heading from Glasgow Central, switching at Preston at around quarter to two, and then getting down to Manchester Piccadilly for just before 3pm. If you're happy holding on for a bit, would you want to catch us in the city centre and us all head to the flat together?

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 19:02

Aye, figured that was the plan for getting along there anyways - think Andy's arriving between 2 and 3 as well so we'll all head across together and wait for Mas turning up later in the evening. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 19:59

I'm arriving at Levenshulme station at 1250 on the Saturday. Do you think y'all'll still be recovering at that point, or shall I meet you in town?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 20:06

I don't think we'll be recovering, I don't think this is going to be a mental-heavy weekend for drinking. Those might be famous last words, of course...

I've got to guess we'll have headed into town by then, but it would probably be best to give us a shout on the day.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 16:17

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

EDIT: I take it treesmurf isn't coming out anymore?
Nah, got an absolutely dire shift on the Saturday which also means I'll miss the England game, if it wasn't the first day of sale I'd be pulling a sicky but they're arseholes when people don't come in for it.

Hope you guys have a corker though. I still have next Saturday booked off so I propose we have Meetup 4 a week later.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 18:05

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I don't think we'll be recovering, I don't think this is going to be a mental-heavy weekend for drinking. Those might be famous last words, of course...

GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 Yump

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 22:08

I'm up for not having a raging hangover on the journey back. No

I'm also hoping that, given that we're going to be three Scots, me, and (I believe) two others, by majority decision we can opt to find somewhere that won't be showing the footie (and therefore borderline suffocating)...? Whistle
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 23:06

I think you're being very optimistic about there being a place that won't be showing the football Laughing I also think the scots are more invested than us, especially considering your man Moyles has England.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 6 Jul 2018 - 5:40

It's not really fair on Balla to have to watch 90mins+ of football almost as soon as he arrives but I do think almost everywhere will show it. Just maybe somewhere where it isn't the thing you go there isn't to watch sports, so like a barcade who may have it on but you're going there to play street fighter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 6 Jul 2018 - 20:02

Cocktail bars and them maybe? Anyway let me know if y'all find somewhere. Hope you're having fun and not developing too many forum culture classics without me! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 7 Jul 2018 - 7:59

Balladeer wrote:
I'm up for not having a raging hangover on the journey back. No
Is this what happens when I'm not there? Sobriety? Drama queen No
Quote :
I'm also hoping that, given that we're going to be three Scots, me, and (I believe) two others, by majority decision we can opt to find somewhere that won't be showing the footie (and therefore borderline suffocating)...? Whistle
Actually, I'm glad I'm not going!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 7 Jul 2018 - 8:42

So am I, means I have more of a chance of missing the footie today. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:40

Woo, we dun it! Dance Thanks to everybody who came for coming: grand to meet Masofdas and Username_TBC for the first time! No thanks to Jay for eventually caving and playing Andy at Battleships. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Meetup Thread
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next