We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Meetup Thread

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:42

Balladeer wrote:
Woo, we dun it! Dance Thanks to everybody who came for coming: grand to meet Masofdas and Username_TBC for the first time!  No thanks to Jay for eventually caving and playing Andy at Battleships. DAMN YOU!

Andy after playing Jay
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 16:48

Also: obligatory clothing for next year's wotsit.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 8 Jul 2018 - 21:26

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I'm up for not having a raging hangover on the journey back. No
Is this what happens when I'm not there? Sobriety? Drama queen  No

I hope the call from Andy and myself proved this statement wrong. Laughing

Cracking weekend, although I paid the price today. Rough as hell!

Here's some snaps from the weekend:

The  Preliminary Rounds of the First GNamer Pool Tournament:

Nintendo's next big venture:

The dodgiest N64 controllers ever:

Moment of the weekend for Andy:

The computer is a cheating bastard:

Sadly, no Ghost Squad in sight:

Andy working on his arcade skills to take on Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe:

Top stuff and as fun as I hoped it would be. Cheers for coming, gents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 11:19

Aye it was good fun and those are some decent pics as well, after I botched my train home by getting on the wrong 10:26 I ended up travelling back with Mr-JRPG (aka TCK) and I was saying it'd be good for the Scottish half of the meet up to sort a night out soon rather than waiting another year for a forum meet up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 15:48

It was a good weekend, next time I think I will drive overnight on the way up as traffic was horrendous in Bristol which was by far the worst area on the motorway heading north, south was fine part from the roadworks which is on both sides to make the M6 a smart motorway (whatever that is).

The barcade was okay but did seem lack games but might just because I have an arcade 20mins up the road with 50+ games in it, that if we go Manchester again we could maybe organise to go to that arcade outside of town Cappa mentioned.

Out of the games, we played I really enjoyed Pac-Man Vs but I do think it would have worked better on Wii U as you need two Switches.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 9:10

When you say Pac Man Vs. you don't mean the Gamecube freebie do you?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 12:06

Yeah, that one, which I never played on Cube as you needed three GBA's for the ghosts and the Cube for Pac Man using a controller who uses the TV.

On Switch it's in in the Namco bundle but works the other way around, so you don't need three Switches for each ghost as the ghosts use the TV instead with the Switch being docked and using 3 controllers this time to control the ghost but you still need a second Switch for whoever is Pac-Man as they play undocked.

Where on Wii U the gamepad comes with the console, so Pac Man would use the gamepad and the 3 ghosts would use 3 controllers on the TV making it much easier to get a game as you need less stuff.

That needed for the GameCube version is 1 Cube, 1 TV, 1 game, 1 controller, 3 GBAs, 3 link cables
Switch version needed is 2 Switches, 1 TV, 1 game, 1 game app, 3 controllers for ghosts (they used 3 joy-cons), some sort of control method for Pac-Man (I used my joy-cons attached to Switch), 1 dock
Wii U version if a thing would have needed 1 Wii U + Gamepad, 1 TV, 1 game, 3 controllers
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 13:39

To answer treesmurf: no, it wasn't the GameCube freebie, it was the updated port on Namco Museum for Switch. Bloody hell, masofdas!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 13:49

Just giving context why I said it would have been better on Wii U than Switch.

Also I thought Smurf was asking if it was a port of the GameCube game seeing I said we played on Switches.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 15:55

I quite enjoyed that Pac-Man Vs. game, although I wish we hadn't been plagued by sudden lag spikes. Aww!

With the meetup moving into the rear view mirror, this is now unstickied. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:53

I do quite like the idea of an updated Pac Man Vs. so good to know it's possible in Switch at least, I never played it but it seems quite similar to Luigi's Mansion Nintendo Land gane which was brilliant.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 12:12

Bump!

I've just seen that Glesgames have announced on thier Twitter that they're not running any more events, at Drygate or anywhere else. Sadly, it's done. That's a bit rubbish as that news probably changes the plan for the eventual Scottish GNamer Meet Up 3.5: Football Didn't Come Home. 👎

Hopefully we can get something else sorted someday,
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 19:23

Gutted for you lads, and for the GlesGames lot. Aww! Did they say why? Shame, regardless.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 20:08

Nah they just said there was several factors involved and that they would explain at a later time, it definitely sucks since I always wanted to go to one but never got the chance as the timing was always bad for me.

I'm sure we can still find something else to do though, even if it's just going for a few at Super Bario/other places.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:16

Ah, that's gutting, especially as we seemed to be gearing up for finally getting a move on and getting ourselves to one of those events. A shame. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 17:58

Sod's law
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2019 - 22:11

Bump!

I just seen that Play Expo is in Glasgow in June: https://www.playexpoglasgow.com/ . I think it sounds all right! Is anybody up for maybe going? We could do a Saturday or Sunday, maybe cap it off with a few jars in the city. Dance

For a bigger meet-up, I could do something later in the summer if anything's sounding like it could be on the cards.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2019 - 11:16

Definitely up for checking that out. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2019 - 21:51

Good lad. I quite like the sound of Play Expo, it would be something different for me. Maybe some of the other Scottish forumites could do it too. Let's see...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2019 - 10:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

For a bigger meet-up, I could do something later in the summer if anything's sounding like it could be on the cards.  Thumbs Up!

Y'all are doing Tokyo, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2019 - 19:12

It's the only suggestion so far to be fair. I'll go check the West Lothian/Shibiya bus timetable 👍
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2019 - 22:00

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Good lad. I quite like the sound of Play Expo, it would be something different for me. Maybe some of the other Scottish forumites could do it too. Let's see...

While we were playing a bit of Apex Legends Jay did say that he could probably do the Sunday.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 31 Mar 2019 - 17:11

Correct - the Saturday would be a struggle due to work, but I could do the Sunday without any bother. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 31 Mar 2019 - 19:14

I'll see what else I've got going on in June, but I think I should be fine for that Sunday. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2019 - 18:36

Nice. Grin

As for an overall meetup - with our usual July time coming up sooner than later, when would everybody prefer to meetup this year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Meetup Thread   GNamer Meetup Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Meetup Thread
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next