We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Balladeer
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon Empty
PostSubject: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:11

I cannot wait. I liked Okami on Wii but never actually got very far. Can't wait to sit down and power through it properly on Switch. Very excited!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:14

Oh Kami - oh kami - oh kami...

Brilliant game that’s coming to a machine it was made for. It will be an absolute pleasure to burst into its world once more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:18

If this had come out same time as PS4 and Xbox One, then I would have bought on Switch but the time has now past on that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:32

You’re right, mas - people who own multiple consoles are not going to benefit from this necessarily. I see it as righting a wrong, almost... and people who only have a Switch are going to have a great time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:33

Conversely, I never picked it up on PS4 when it was ported across to there, so colour me with an inkbrush and call me interested in this. I played a wee bit of it on PS3 - well, I thought it was a big bit but suddenly there was a lot more game to enjoy - but as I've never finished it, this is a likely pickup for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:34

I still had my Xbox for like 9 months after the Switch came out, and I wasn't buying any of these games because I resented having to play on anything other than Switch. I might be an extreme case, but I don't think I'm completely alone.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:45

I'm definitely not as extreme a case as yourself Drunka, but I will admit this in particular was one I held off on as I was pretty certain it was coming across to Switch at some stage.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 0:30

Yeah it's likely better to hold off on some things now eh just to see if they come to Switch and let's be honest there's more chance of that happening now than there ever was with previous Nintendo systems.

I can't wait to retry this again and I might even try playing it in handheld only so I can take advantage of those touchscreen controls. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:05

masofdas wrote:
If this had come out same time as PS4 and Xbox One, then I would have bought on Switch but the time has now past on that.
Same here which is a shame because I'd have loved it on the Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:18

Yeah, Switch would have been a great place to play it but is it digital only, I see. Now even at the time that would have put me off but I guess Switch will get the price the same as the other systems where it cost me £12 new and on Switch physical would be £30+ because of the cartridge.

That is one of my biggest issues with 3rd party games on Switch is the cost and I said before about them running better elsewhere for me personally that is a big deal, I want the most bang for my buck and I play almost only docked.

Sure 3rd party games like Okami do feel like they have a home Switch more than the other systems, you know like Final Fantasy feels at home on PlayStation and PUBG will always feel like an Xbox game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 10:54

Final Fantasy 1 to 6 might have something to say about that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 10:56

Drunkalilly wrote:
Final Fantasy 1 to 6 might have something to say about that.

Well as a European, I don't know what you're on about. But you know what I mean things suit things better, why I bought Sonic Mania on Switch not PS4.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 19:58

Digital-only is sad, I would've liked a box with that beautiful art on my shelf.

I'll still be buying it, natch. Okami is one of the most beautiful games ever, slightly spoiled only on the Wii because of waggle-to-attack. With that out of the way, it might claw its way towards my top ten games of all time.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 20:30

Joining the party late here, but I also have a strong urge to buy this, even though I could've got the PS4 version previously - and cheaper. As long as the primary attack button isn't "waggle" (which it won't be) I'll be in I think.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 21:05

I've just tried to watch that trailer again... gosh that narrator is terrible. There are just some game announcements that work better with written text descriptions. (See also: 'We needed a bounty hunter. We got a legend.' No )
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 19:15

Okay lads and lasses (no lasses), it's 9 days to release and I'm on this bad boy (or girl) day one. Anybody joining me in not!Japan?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 19:51

I'll buy it on the Switch when I fancy another playthrough but for now I don't need a third copy of the game.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyTue 31 Jul 2018 - 21:35

I'm sort of in-between you two as I'll play it alongside ya Balla but on PS4 as I don't need it twice, even if I did nearly buy it on Xbox One recently as it was a tenner.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 10:07

Own it on Wii but never played it, so I am in

Played Okamiden though (and stopped midway through what I think was the final boss...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 16:13

It'll be one for a later stage for me, so I'll be in at some point!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 19:26

OrangeRakoon wrote:

Played Okamiden though (and stopped midway through what I think was the final boss...)

Yass! Final boss, though? What stopped you? I thought Okamiden was a great game, hamstrung by the technology but doing a good enough job considering.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:17

I'll get it eventually. Not day one - got to save up for a new PC.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 13:08

Balladeer wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:

Yass! Final boss, though? What stopped you? I thought Okamiden was a great game, hamstrung by the technology but doing a good enough job considering.

Not actually sure why I stopped. I think I literally was just on the final boss when I got distracted and started playing something else, and then it didn't feel worth it to go back when I'd basically got nothing to go back to!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyThu 2 Aug 2018 - 22:23

Got to go hands-on with this a few weekends ago at a convention.

For what it's worth, the new brush controls felt a bit awkward:

Drawing with the touchscreen: Okay, the actual drawing works great. But having to hold down the right trigger to use it (and keep it held down) means you then have to awkwardly stretch your left or right thumb over to the screen to complete the drawing. And depending on where you have to draw this can be pretty uncomfortable. Probably why the DS and 3DS had smaller, narrower 4:3 ratio touchscreens that weren't a big distance from the button controls...

Drawing with Gyro controls: This just comes down to whether you think moving the device towards the ceiling should move a reticle up or down. Okami's interpretation was the opposite of what my brain expected so my brushwork was a mess. Didn't see any options in the settings to invert.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon EmptyFri 3 Aug 2018 - 10:43

You have to draw with your right thumb because you have to hold the right trigger? What?

I'm right handed, surely you can map that to left trigger so I can draw with my right hand?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon Empty

Back to top Go down

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next