We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
gjones
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Muss
JayMoyles
masofdas
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:13

Nintendo isn't exactly starved for platformers, so I think it's firmly in the realm of "never happening" for now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:04

Yeah... it is a shame though - Popo and Nana are cute, and it's a shame Nintendo's classic characters are in a game that's aged worse than the Black and White Minstrel show.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 21:21

I envision it as almost like the Captain Toad version of a platformer, or like DK94: little diorama-like mountains that take no more than three minutes each to negotiate, on eShop. It's not the giant semi-open world mountain-exploring extravaganza that I would have liked, but it'd be nice. Also: doable, and the sort of thing Nintendo actually does.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 17:31

I found my old Nintendo DS and it's receipt the other day.

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 IMG_20180826_110353975_zpsxhjodlpn

Fond memories of skipping school that afternoon with my mate, heading into town on the train, trying not to get caught by anybody senior that I knew, being gutted that GameStation didn't get Mr. Driller in, and plonking for the abysmal-in-hindsight Project Rub on launch day (because I thought Super Mario 64x4 played like utter arse on the demo pods in the shop).

On another note, what an ugly bastard of a machine. Such a shite first attempt!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 20:33

Dunno what you mean, it's a thing of beauty!

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 TM_NDS_DSTouchScreen

Aww. To be honest I've always had a soft spot for uglier machines. I firmly believe it's how it feels, and what's on the inside, that counts. This stems back, I suppose, to things like the GameCube looking distinctly toylike, or the Wii U and its 'Fisher Price' comparisons despite feeling great to hold for me.

I also have a soft spot for SM64DS: I liked some of the things it tried to do, if not all. The controls were definitely backside though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:44

Balladeer wrote:
the Wii U and its 'Fisher Price' comparisons despite feeling great to hold for me.

It's been ages since I held the Gamepad so I may be misremembering here, but I do recall it feeling surprisingly light and therefore it felt a bit cheap, especially compared to the Switch which has got a decent heft to it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 22:01

It did feel light, but it just seemed to fit in my hands really well. Combine that with doing things that no other controller had done as well before, even if Nintendo didn't really know what to do with that, and I remain a big fan.

The Switch is nicer to hold, natch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Aug 2018 - 0:25

Balla wrote:
The Switch is nicer to hold, natch.

But definitely not as comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Aug 2018 - 20:30

I never tried them both in parallel, so I couldn't say. I find the Switch easy enough to hold. Pro Controller >> Joy Cons, though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyTue 4 Sep 2018 - 21:39

I really miss the Wii U's giant D Pad. This makes me nervous for the NES games coming up on Switch...
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 10:25

The gamepad is really (and very surprisingly) comfortable to use, but god it looks ugly. And that's an issue when it extends to the screen too, which is one of the worst screens I've ever seen on a gaming device (probably /the/ worst on anything serious).

And yes the DS lite was such a huge design improvement over the DS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 18:50

I just didn't notice that at all. I mean, I noticed the look of the thing (and duly didn't care), but I can't say the screen quality bothered me in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 5 Sep 2018 - 19:09

Yeah the Wii U screen is rather dreadful, also would the DS Lite be the best redesign ever? As most I can think off part from SP and Slim 360 are worse.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 9:52

Getting a WiiU when already owning a Vita, the screen quality drop is incredibly noticeable. Resistive touch screens feel really cheap compared to capacitive, but the DS line gets away with it because of the smaller screen size and the existence of the top screen. The WiiU screen being so large makes the low resolution really noticeable (you can genuinely easily see the individual pixels), and the screens colours are very washed out.

But yes, Mas I would agree that the DS lite is the best redesign ever! SP is probably up there for the backlight.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 7:12

I've actually been playing Shen's Wii u a bit recently (mostly beating Tests of Strength in BOTW for her) and it remains a nice little machine, but also it feels embarassing now that the Switch has made the concept actually work.

Really weird having both sticks at the top playing Zelda though. . .

As for the DS, I was 15 and it was the first machine I ever saved up for and bought with my own money. It will never be any less than the epitome of cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 15:21

I had seen that treesmurf had retweeted this from the guy who used to do the Classic Game Room sideshow on YouTube.

Some Dick wrote:

Let’s play a game.

Nintendo has released five 3D home consoles. Below is a list of each console’s five highest-rated games according to Metacritic.

Based ONLY on their five best games, which console wins?

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 DnJqCV_XsAYV6sr

...it's got to be the Wii U, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 17:19

I like all the N64 games and the rest I only like 3 at most but I guess if I had the Wii, I'd get used to the Wiimote but it has to be the GameCube.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:25

I've not played every game in those top fives, but I've played enough of them to rank them, I'd say. If I was to do a personal tier list, it'd look something like this:

Cube
Wii
Wii U
Switch
N64

The N64 shooters really let down that list in my eyes as I really don't get along with them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2018 - 22:40

Ask me on a different day and I could honestly pick any of them, gamecube leans more to my taste in games overall and I think Switch has very good varitey going on as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 9:10

Argh that's tough.

I can wipe off the N64, the games are often just too old for me now. And I don't like the Galaxies as much as most, so the Wii is probably out. (World of Goo? What?) Then it gets tougher, but the GC's probably out solely through not having BotW.

...I think it's the Switch, you know. Those top three are my two favourite games ever and (REDACTED because everyone's heard this already). Plus, portable BotW > stationary BotW. It's had a belting launch, has the Switch! Grin

Switch 'Cube Wii U Wii N64. 'Cube and Wii U could switch places on another day.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 17:15

Hoo boy. The thing is, I know I like all of the N64 games, and they were more ground-breaking, even though the hardware's a bit janky now. Maybe the Switch if I was going to take a gamble? Not the Cube, as mostly things have been improved elsewhere. Hm. If I wasn't being selfish... I'd say the Switch.

(now add the SNES to that list and see what happens)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 21:17

I went for the Wii myself as 2 top tier Mario games, a Zelda and a Smash Bros game could keep me happy that bit more than the Cube because that didn't have a multiplayer option.

I would have said the Switch and probably will as that changes but not a big Bayonetta fan and never played Into the Breach (although it's on my list now that I see it's so highly regarded).

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 14:49

Switch wins for BOTW and Celeste, but for all five taken together it has to be N64 and GC
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 12:16

Jimbob wrote:
Not the Cube, as mostly things have been improved elsewhere.

I don't think I've disagreed with something so much as I still think the Cube has the best Zelda, Mario Kart, SMASH, Paper Mario and Mario Sports games to name a few and I'd think I'd even say Fire Embelm if I gave it more time on Cube.

What I did come this thread for though as last night during Xboxes monthly show Inside Xbox they annouced XO is coming back, which if you don't know is like PSX but for Xbox.

With these two having fan events (Sony haven't annouced PSX 2018 yet, they should have it Europe and skip PGW imo) do you think Nintendo should have one? As before these were a thing (XO did take place since 2001 in some way) I would have said Nintendo out of anyone made the most sense out of anyone due to the fanbase.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 18:29

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Switch wins for BOTW and Celeste, but for all five taken together it has to be N64 and GC

This.

I've just started Breath of the Wild, so the jury's out on that one (for me). Is World of Goo a top 5 Wii game? The two Galaxies and Twilight Princess are some of my favourite game experiences, and I played them 7-10 years after they came out. The Cube games have aged pretty well but they aren't the definitive versions - Resi 4 is much more fun on the Wii, Prime too I imagine, Wind Waker is better on Wii-U. My heart says the N64, just because them five are straight classics. If these were poker hands, it would be a royal flush. And yet, I know they have all aged badly. What a hypocrite lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3
Page 5 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next